Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Same thing happened to me while I was writing. It was likely a response from your tulpa. Just keep going and the responses will get more obvious over time.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I'm completely new to all of this and I have a few things I'm curious about before I make any big decisions...all answers appreciated, so sorry if all of these are really basic and have been answered hundreds of times.

1. I already have a sort of second conscience in my head that's been with me my whole life, there's a general consensus that it's the result of trauma and may have been created as a sort of mother figure. It has no identity and no set "voice", only thoughts it seems to give me. I talk to it frequently, it's always making comments on things going on around us. I don't think this is a tulpa, but is there a way to make it a tulpa/replace it with a tulpa? Will it continue to stick around if I do make a tulpa?

2. I'm aware tulpas change forms and personalities, but I'm curious about how much the basic personality/identity given to it will/can change. Will they always keep a semblance of their original self or can they change completely? Can the tulpamancer change them back, can you change an already existing tulpa? Can you permanently get rid of a tulpa?

3. Is it possible to create a tulpa without the ability and/or desire to take control of the body? Can there be a boundary set that the tulpa will not interfere with the physical world? (The weird second conscience I mentioned has never taken control of me, by the way. I don't think it can.)

4. Can you begin tulpaforcing only to decide you don't want a tulpa after all? This is kind of the same thing as the question about getting rid of a tulpa, but for newly or not yet formed tulpas. I've only been really thinking about the possibility of creating a tulpa for a few days, and I've decided to start by deciding on the form and basic personality traits I want it to have.

Thank you again.

Hello, I'm completely new to all of this and I have a few things I'm curious about before I make any big decisions...all answers appreciated, so sorry if all of these are really basic and have been answered hundreds of times.

1. I already have a sort of second conscience in my head that's been with me my whole life, there's a general consensus that it's the result of trauma and may have been created as a sort of mother figure. It has no identity and no set "voice", only thoughts it seems to give me. I talk to it frequently, it's always making comments on things going on around us. I don't think this is a tulpa, but is there a way to make it a tulpa/replace it with a tulpa? Will it continue to stick around if I do make a tulpa?

2. I'm aware tulpas change forms and personalities, but I'm curious about how much the basic personality/identity given to it will/can change. Will they always keep a semblance of their original self or can they change completely? Can the tulpamancer change them back, can you change an already existing tulpa? Can you permanently get rid of a tulpa?

3. Is it possible to create a tulpa without the ability and/or desire to take control of the body? Can there be a boundary set that the tulpa will not interfere with the physical world? (The weird second conscience I mentioned has never taken control of me, by the way. I don't think it can.)

4. Can you begin tulpaforcing only to decide you don't want a tulpa after all? This is kind of the same thing as the question about getting rid of a tulpa, but for newly or not yet formed tulpas. I've only been really thinking about the possibility of creating a tulpa for a few days, and I've decided to start by deciding on the form and basic personality traits I want it to have.

Thank you again.

-the best way it would be taking 30 minutes of your time per day to develop her. you must interact and talk to her. giving it a form and a stable speech would also help.

-they do as they mature, but they are close to their original personalities as every human does. they can change form if they don't like it. you could force them to stay on the same form if they are young. but that would be kinda mean. yes, you can change you tulpa but she must be accepting it. if she refuses, she would just revert back if she is sentient enough. yes you can get rid of her, but it may as well be considered as murder. but that depends on your sense of morals i suppose.

-by default, tulpas can't posses or switch roles with you body. you must train yourself  nd your mind to do it. and it must be a consent of the 2 to do it. what do you mean by interference? it is very vague.

-if your thought form hasn't shown signs of sentience, maybe.  again, that depends on what you belief in your morals. they are living beings that have grown from your mind after all.

hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy :)

(1) The first major thing I'd say is she is being held back by your mutual beliefs, And/or what you jointly desire for her identity. If she so desires, there is little you can do to prevent her from becoming a tulpa after learning about the things thoughtforms can do here.

(2) Very dramatically early on. Though this never seems to happen. For older stable thoughtforms, the process is identical to personality shift in adult humans. You can force a tulpa to change as you can force a human to change. You can get rid of a tulpa by ignoring them, though this is dangerous when done on an older tulpa, especially if they decide to go to war with you instead.

(3) All tulpas have the ability to control the body. Only their personality can keep them from desiring it.

(4) At some point, you will cross the point of no return. Where this point lies depends on your beliefs. If you believe achieving sentience is the point of no return, this will happen at some random time in the first two weeks you sit down.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

idk where you get some of this stuff Tulpa, I mean it's as fair game as any other beliefs but you shouldn't say them like they're the norm when they're not

You can get rid of a tulpa by ignoring them, though this is dangerous when done on an older tulpa, especially if they decide to go to war with you instead.

I've never really heard of tulpas "going to war" with their hosts ?_?

usually there's not much a tulpa can do if a host decides to ignore them forever, and I've seen a lot more being hurt (emotionally) by it than retribution

All tulpas have the ability to control the body. Only their personality can keep them from desiring it.

I mean maybe, but saying it like that implies body control's a preset "thing". It's something you can learn like anything else, but I wouldn't compare it to some unlockable ability

If you believe achieving sentience is the point of no return, this will happen at some random time in the first two weeks you sit down.

you shouldn't give timeframes to sentience even if you think it's common, there are plenty of people who it's been longer for

idk advice here tends to self-fulfill itself when people believe it, so the stuff you say is fine, but you shouldn't say it like it has to be that way

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I've never really heard of tulpas "going to war" with their hosts ?_?

I've only heard of two cases. The number of older tulpas that were dissipated is quite small.

I mean maybe, but saying it like that implies body control's a preset "thing". It's something you can learn like anything else, but I wouldn't compare it to some unlockable ability

You mean to say it is not something you can learn?

you shouldn't give timeframes to sentience even if you think it's common, there are plenty of people who it's been longer for

You are quite right. Sentience can take months to get going if you are unlucky, only force for short periods, or have second thoughts. The first obvious signs of sentience can take far longer.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Read the guides to see what method works best for you and apply that to whatever this is supposed to be, and it'll likely become a tulpa. Whether or not this is the same thing, well, that depends on your beliefs.

2. I'm aware tulpas change forms and personalities, but I'm curious about how much the basic personality/identity given to it will/can change. Will they always keep a semblance of their original self or can they change completely? Can the tulpamancer change them back, can you change an already existing tulpa? Can you permanently get rid of a tulpa?

With deviation, your tulpa could change completely or not at all. You could always change it back if you're not comfortable with your ideal tulpa turning into an abomination, but once you're able to communicate with them, you could likely reach a compromise and build a form that the two of you don't have any problems with. People are pretty iffy on whether or not a host can get rid of a tulpa for good - I don't think that it's possible, but people always talk about killing their tulpas or putting them in "stasis". 

3. Is it possible to create a tulpa without the ability and/or desire to take control of the body? Can there be a boundary set that the tulpa will not interfere with the physical world? (The weird second conscience I mentioned has never taken control of me, by the way. I don't think it can.)

Possession and switching are both optional, so you can just ignore them if you have no interest. A tulpa isn't going to be able to take control of the host out of the blue, at least not with extensive practice (as I've heard from some people), and even then, I think that it's a bit of a stretch; we've been capable of the more advanced stuff for years now, and as a tulpa, I've never been able to just "take over". As for whether they'll desire this or not, that's dependent on the tulpa, but most tend to be understanding about things like this.

4. Can you begin tulpaforcing only to decide you don't want a tulpa after all? This is kind of the same thing as the question about getting rid of a tulpa, but for newly or not yet formed tulpas. I've only been really thinking about the possibility of creating a tulpa for a few days, and I've decided to start by deciding on the form and basic personality traits I want it to have.

I mean, sure - plenty of people have worked on their tulpa for weeks only to find that they aren't interested in the concept anymore or that other things in life are going to keep them from putting the time in. There is no "point of no return", and you can always stop. However, this is a serious thing that'll be a part of your life for (possibly) many years, so be sure that you're ready before you get into it.

You mean to say it is not something you can learn?

no you can learn to control the body but saying "All tulpas have the ability to control the body" is going a bit overboard, idk, just seems like a sweeping statement

it's an act you can learn, but treating it like an "innate ability" rather than just another creative way of using the mind sounds wrong to me. Like "all people have the ability to X", X being learn French or whistle with your hands or something. You wouldn't say "All people have the ability to whistle with their hands" (especially since in uncommon cases they just can't), just that most people can learn to do it, if they want to. I don't mean to be nitpicky it just didn't sound right to me

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks for the advice, this clears up a lot! I think I'll start by trying to change the already existing "thing" into a tulpa using the suggestions given to me. If I come up with any more questions I'll ask (after making sure they haven't been answered already).

Hello, I'm new here and new to creating a tulpa. I've been trying to create one but it's a little hard to concentrate on it. Only reason I want a tulpa is mainly to have someone to talk to because a shy person and don't talk much I'm real life. I've been wondering, is it possible that your tulpa can be in your dreams before it's fully created? I was wondering because I've seen it at least three times but I was never able to see it clearly but looked like him.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic