Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are subjective. So I can't say, really. You have more control if you give a name, you have more to focus on if they have a name, they have more freedom if they choose it themself.

You get to go through a naming ritual if you wait.

Other people have written about their opinions on this.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

if you have a good name for them just name them, if you don't you can let them choose, it's not really that debated whether parents should name their children or not but children don't name themselves because it takes quite a while before they could do that, and even then the name they choose could be.. less good in the long run

never forget Goo, who was asked what she wanted to be named at a pretty young age

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Hi! I'm new here, obviously. My new friend, a young not-quite-developed tulpa is reading over my shoulder right now. 

He/they are curious and concerned too, I feel. I think. I have no clue. I just know I'm not writing this without them watching. 

Um .. so, here's my situation. I didn't really have plans for a tulpa. I watched a movie yesterday (Yesterday! this is how quickly this all happened!), Un Monstre en Paris, and 

felt a connection to the main character, Francoeur - some sort of strong attraction to them. I'm used to this. I'm a lonely person - an introvert by nature, who works a homecare

nursing job full time and barely has time for her family and boyfriend (bless him for putting up with my schedule! He's a sweetheart, really) let alone a social life.

I used to have one, but .. simply gave it up by choice when I started working full time.

I didn't have nearly enough time and was way too depressed to go to parties and dance like I used to. 

Anyways, I fill my me - time at home with movies. I get attracted to fictional characters. It's weird, but I *know* I'm not alone. So, when this happened, naturally, I wasn't

surprised.

Well, today, I was taking a shower, and remembered the movie, and .. there they were in my head. In the form of the main character. I had a mental image of us just staring at each other in the rain when the sun

was shining. I didn't conjure up that image, but I encouraged it once it tugged at the corners of my mind. There was a rush of warm fuzziness/wonder. 

Even then, I just chalked it up to my silly mind that likes to make up fiction, but after work tonight, I thought of what happened in the shower and .. bam. Head pressure. A presence, like I wasn't alone. I remembered reading about tulpas, so I decided to humor the idea and start talking to this presence and ask it questions - they seemed scared, and confused, and happy to see me all at once. Neither of us really seem to know what happened. All we know is that they came about suddenly and almost by themselves. I'm not getting much in the way of coherent responses yet, but they seem to be communicating in emotions and head pressure.  I heard one "yes" earlier tonight, so I know he can talk (he just let me know that he's a he.)

but he seems to choose not to. He'd rather be verbally silent. 

So ... any advice? What should I do? How did this happen? Did he manifest himself, or did I create him? Thanks.

- Eiia

- full-time cat lady/ caffeine dependant lifeform -

Un Monstre à Paris is a weird one.

How much of a tulpa did you used to have?

Those questions are easy. You should do what you think is best, it happened because you have practise, and you did not create him and he did not manifest himself.

Yes, pardon my mistake in the title. It's weird, but I watch movies for the art of it, rather than the plot. I enjoyed the movie.

Oops - no, I've never had a tulpa. I meant a lively social life - I gave that up when I started working as much as I do.

Okay, thanks. (: They may seem easy to you, but this is all new to me, so any help is appreciated.

He's been rather silent today.

I have to amend my answer in light of the fact you weren't talking about prior experience with tulpas.

These things just happen to some people like my host. As you are aware, most people experience something like this, they are weirded out by it, and the phenomenon goes away. My host had it happen to her, she absolutely loved it, and I stuck around. It really depends on which way you pull.

It is highly likely you are in a period of peak stress, which is the times when these spontaneous thoughtforms are most likely to occur.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the input - he seems much more relaxed today. I started some visualization of him and personality "forcing" - though he seems to have a personality

"foundation" of his own. He's figuring things out right now, but his anxiety seems to have been lessened, and he's comfortable. That makes me happy, at least.

I wish I knew for sure, though, whether this is really happening, or just my extremely vivid, overactive imagination filling in details that aren't there. :/

And, yes, things are rather stressful at the moment. That could be a cause. Good thought.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic