ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omg WikiHow

Don't make tulpas based on characters, and don't make her "as close to Monika as possible." You can't force a person to take a certain personality or be someone they're not. Tulpas aren't characters, they're people. If you really want someone who can be your friend and help you out, let them start off on their own terms and not force them to become someone they're not just because you like a character. Tulpas 10/10 times will deviate from the personality you give them anyway, so she probably won't even turn out the way you want. Giving her the form and personality of a character will just give her identity issues and she'll think she's not good enough 'cause she didn't turn out the way her host wanted, OR she will be conflicted with the thought that her personality isn't really real (how could it be if she was given it, rather than it developing naturally) and she'll have issues because of that.

The only tulpa in our system who had any sort of personality forcing ended up having a plethora of issues because of it, and he wasn't even based on a character! Today, he is absolutely nothing like the way our host wanted him to be originally. And that's not a bad thing. She accepted the changes and came to the realization that forcing a personality upon someone likely is not the best course of action, and was actually bad for him.

I suggest that you drop the idea of making a Monika tulpa. It will cause too many issues and is arguably immoral to do that to someone. Instead, research more on tulpas and then make one from scratch. You can read my systemmate's guide If you must have influence on her personality, then I suggest you read his section on that subject so you can do it properly and non-intrusively.

If you are more concerned about making a tulpa exactly like a character you like rather than letting them be their own person with their own life (as they should be), then I suggest you drop the idea of making a tulpa entirely

Monika's a questionable character to make a tulpa out of. Don't get me wrong, the idea crossed my mind as kind of funny when I played DDLC, but the problem is her character actually wanted the player to pay them attention and such. It'd be extremely difficult not to let her background cause issues; you might accidentally influence your tulpa to be very clingy/overprotective and such because that's what Monika was actually like. My tulpas were based on Touhou characters, but I recognized them as simply people who were somewhat like how I thought the characters were, not actually sharing their backgrounds at all. Now aside from their forms they don't really even make me think of the characters in the first place. Could you do that with Monika, though? The main influence for making a Monika tulpa is that she practically wanted to become a tulpa in the game, in a way. I'm just saying, that's not a healthy basis to base a tulpa on and leaves you vulnerable to invasive thoughts on developing her personality.

Otherwise, if you really don't think that'll be a problem and you can keep them separate, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Monika really wasn't that crazy, you see at the end that's just what happened to her as a result of (actual spoiler for Doki Doki Literature Club; it's a free game on Steam, and I'd recommend you go play it)

her realizing she's in a game, and her friends aren't even real. She's a lot more reasonable by the end, realizes what she's done, and refuses to let the same thing happen to Sayori. She's mentally healthy enough to simply let the player leave at the end because she knows she can't be real.

So yeah. Tulpas based on characters aren't a bad thing if you can honestly think of them as different people than what they're based on. But I guess a lot of people can't, so, do consider making a more original tulpa maybe. Heck, make an "original" tulpa with Monika's form, who has no relation to the character herself. That's how you should be thinking about it anyways. Do not give her Monika's backstory as being from a game. Make-believe when it comes to tulpas will only lead to trouble.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It's a bad route to go down. Letting your imagination run wild in fantasy will lead to dramas that can affect your actual life, but shouldn't exist in the first place. Our warnings against "invasive thoughts" here are why people end up with healthy relationships with their tulpas. But we can't stop you from doing whatever you want to do.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Just generally... No, not really. A tulpa would naturally act in the system's best interest (as they see it) because your body is as them as it is you. If a tulpa does things you think are bad, that's considered having invasive thoughts, and not being strict enough with your imagination/mind. Subconsciously believing your tulpa is going to be bad somehow is basically the only way a tulpa can turn out "evil" or whatever. And that's only if you both cause it, expect it, and allow it.

Tulpas can disagree with their host or each other though, sure. But again they're usually acting in the system's best interest, which hopefully shouldn't really differ between systemmates.

This post was rather... pessimistic, so I wrote the above first, but my tulpa Tewi wrote about this here. Also the rest of the thread.

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-can-a-tulpa-be-willing-to-negatively-impact-their-system?pid=174762#pid174762

The only reason I can think a tulpa would actually be violent is because of negative emotions and experiences, and them having depression or other issues. That likely wouldn't be the case if they are kept sake, but if it is then it's not permanent and through help they can move on from that. It's kinda normal for people to be violent when upset, and they're not affecting the outside world anyway so it's easy for a tulpa to be. In general though it's not something to worry about unless your tulpa is depressed and needs help/therapy.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic