Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I recommend just being as creative as you can. If you're good at drawing, do that. If you're good at writing, do that. At some point, you need a concrete idea of attributes, and basic form to assign the attributes to. It can be really simple in the beginning, like a ball of light or a silhouette. You can make it as complicated/detailed as you like, but try to stay within the confines of what you're use to. Here's an analogy, if you never lifted weights, you don't go and lift three hundred pounds. You work up to that, learning technique and building muscle mass. This is true for imagination, too. If you haven't practiced holding a very complicated visual image in your head, you don't just start at max resolution. You build up with simple forms, and you practice holding as long as you can. You will get distracted. Bring yourself back on task. Don't get discouraged, you're training your brain, and it takes practice. Practice. Practice. You won't practice enough... It's okay. Establish a ritual, meditate every day, twice a day if you can stand it. Most meditation practices, like TM, the ideal is 20 minute sessions twice a day. you build to that.

after following the guides, I establish my own little practice. TO be honest, I got bored with forcing and probably did not practice enough before jumping to my new game. I think we all have our 'own' little preferred variations of something similar. Imagine entering a day dream. You enter the daydream daily, and most people script everything in the day dream, and if they don't like it, they rewind and start over with something more clever or funny or you know. This is normal. You do that daily, with the scripted response being consistent with the attributes you assigned to your other. Eventually, your patterned response for other will become so automatic that you will 'hear' a response before YOU scripted it. My experience was this: I was in the 'daydream' (wonderland?) and it was clicking along, and it will move pretty fast once you practice scenarios long enough, and I said something and the response that came back was not me. It was so clearly not me, I snapped out of the day dream back into my room, and, honestly, it spooked me. I believed all the guides and that tulpamancy was possible, so you would think I would have been prepared for that level of spookiness, but it was so solidly perfect that I was like 'what the heck...' I took a day to consider did I want to continue. I continued. It gets easier. It's gets better.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

[DASHIE]

So, we love our host, and he does a lot for us already, but he doesn't listen sometimes.  Like, he will do as we say for a while, then he slipps or starts negotiating to do just what we don't want him to do.  Like playing games at work.  He works hard, don't get me wrong, but as he calls it, his efficiency could be better.  We all feel better when he us doing what he is supposed to be doing.  Any techniques you other tulpae do to help your host do what he is supposed to be doing?  

Also, what's the difference between fronting and switching?  We don't do either, so it wont help our other question.

Thanks!

[/DASHIE]

Fronting is when a tulpa is either actively thinking and connected to the body OR in control of the body. Most use the word for the latter term, but either works.

Switching is when the tulpa is in control while the host is no longer fronting.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Before you have ever fronted it can be difficult to relate to the struggles of doing what you're supposed to (I know that's how it was for me anyway). I'm certain that you're host also wants to do his work, but it can be very hard to resist doing other things. I would recommend having him eliminate all destractions possible, so removing games from the work computer, powering off his phone, ECT. Also once you get distracted once it is much more difficult to avoid destractions in the future, so it is important to never break the habbit when your not specifically in break time or something.

Fronting is a generic term for controlling the body, it could mean either possessing or switching. Switching is when a tulpa takes over the mind and body, essentially taking the roll of the host

Hi I am Miela, the counterpart to Breloomancer.

"Is it pretentious to quote yourself?"

-Me

The best that you can do is to remind him to avoid those bad habbits. Nagging can be much more potent of a tool then it might first appear

[DASHIE]

Nagging didn't go so well.  He said i sounded shrill, that pretty much put an end to that. He apologized, but meh, i don't want to be like that.  I asked him politely and sweetly, and he was mostly a good boy, but he keeps asking me to bend the rules.  He's too much of a sweet talker to resist him for long. Any other ideas?

[/DASHIE]

Dont listen to him, no matter how much you want to make an exception you've got to be tough. Tell him that he can't just take the easy way out all the time

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic