Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Adding onto the above (sorry i'm asking so many questions)

1. Can you make yourself able to smell them (like if they like a particular deodorant or something can you like make yourself able to smell that when they hug you and stuff?)

2. If you create them with a specific outfit on (like if you visualise them with the same outfit ever time) do they stick with that outfit or can they change it?

3. Is there a way to make sure they don't take over you? (i'm not sure how this works yet)

1) Yes, though i do mot know how difficult this to achieve this.

2) Yes, my tulpas changed their appearance from time to time. Be wary because if they change their looks without notifying you, you might get confused.

3) They cant take over unless you let them. If they want to they will have a hard time doing so. Just do not treat them badly

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[redacted]

Edited by JGC
"See the world as your self. Have faith in the way things are. Love the world as your self; then you can care for all things."

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Hello, I'm new here and I have a question about visualization and deviation! I've been working on my tulpa Aya (gender neutral) for 11 days. I can visualize my wonderland and my tulpa, but not vividly or realistically detailed. Basically, when I visit wonderland, I visualize my tulpa in front of me and we go from there. If Aya changed their form how would I be able to perceive that? Because to even perceive Aya I have to actively visualize them based on my preexisting image of them. Same for if Aya changed the wonderland without me, how would I even be able see those changes?

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

You would know that it is changed because it would look different. I'll give you an example: imagine and apple, now instead of imagining an apple imagine a sword, an apple and a sword look different and you can see how they look different.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

You would know that it is changed because it would look different. I'll give you an example: imagine and apple, now instead of imagining an apple imagine a sword, an apple and a sword look different and you can see how they look different.

If I imagine an apple, how can I see anything other than an apple, though? Like if my tulpa was an apple, and they wanted to be a sword--how would I see them as a sword if I was imaging the apple form? How can a tulpa change my own perception?

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

Hello, I'm new here and I have a question about visualization and deviation! I've been working on my tulpa Aya (gender neutral) for 11 days. I can visualize my wonderland and my tulpa, but not vividly or realistically detailed. Basically, when I visit wonderland, I visualize my tulpa in front of me and we go from there. If Aya changed their form how would I be able to perceive that? Because to even perceive Aya I have to actively visualize them based on my preexisting image of them. Same for if Aya changed the wonderland without me, how would I even be able see those changes?

I know what you mean but it turns out I don't know how to write a proper reply. My visualization of my tulpas is pretty passive most of the time - like I don't have to see them clearly because I can still know what they're up to - and I guess it's in a way so flexible that changes are easy to make for them. They wear different types of clothing and all I get to do about it is to notice that "oh, he's wearing a hoodie now". I don't know how they would change if I had to actively visualize to perceive them.

But in the early stages when my tulpas weren't very lively yet and I wasn't so comfortable with visualization that I could do it passively, the changes they made just made me see their form differently from what I tried to see. Neviras eyes suddenly weren't brown, L's appeared golden even though they were supposed to be purple... Desmond's form just became paler and paler every time I saw it...

So I guess I'd say that if you visualize them and details are off, it might be their doing. If it's hard to keep a certain aspect of the form consistent, like eyes changing color, try to visualize the alternate color instead and see if it's easier than the intended. Same for wonderlands I suppose. But this is just my experience, yours might be different. I do think that if they change something, you'll notice it one way or another :D

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

If I imagine an apple, how can I see anything other than an apple, though? Like if my tulpa was an apple, and they wanted to be a sword--how would I see them as a sword if I was imaging the apple form? How can a tulpa change my own perception?

Ah, I think that I understand what it is that you don't understand now. So a tulpa has a will of their own, and so long as they are "active" they can make their own choices and decisions. You will not be the only one imagining their form, they are also doing so and so they just have to change what they are imagining and it will be different

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I think it's more like, Misha's eyes changed color. It's a detail i might have missed or forgotten, or she changed it. Since she took credit for changing it, then i believed her. Beyond that, they lost their wings. I just noticed that we were doing something we couldn't do easily with the wings 'in the way' then i realized, 'hey, your wings are gone.'

They can express them back any time.

Since then they've become shape shifters, surely we share the same imagination space, but if the changes happened and i didn't notice, or if they happen instantly, it doesn't matter.

So if your walking on a familiar path irl, and one day it looks different, you notice something changed, then you realize a tree fell over and has been taken away.  The moment you realized the change, it changed for you, but it probably fell over and was carted off a week ago.

Misha and I transformed into bears, simply we said, let's do it, suddenly we we weren't walking upright down a forest trail, now we were bounding and sprinting on four legs. When I looked over at her, yep, a pretty pink bear with a pink ribbon on her head.

I don't claim that i changed her or added a ribbon (which she doesn't even wear in human form) it just happened on its own.

This is tulpamancy and visualization, things happen seemingly outside of your purposeful control.

Before tulpamancy, surely i wouldn't see this sort of spontaneous change because i controlled everything precisely.

Tulpamancy is more dreamlike in that things can change on their own (the tulpas change them, not you.)

[Misha] Female bears don't look more feminine than male bears, make me pink, small, and add a ribbon, now i'm still feminine.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic