Miri and Miichu's Journey

I've seen Misha as a full body apparition, exactly like people describe seeing a ghost, this killed any belief I had in ghosts because it was clearly an imposition and wasn't scary at all. I've also experienced her like a haunting a few times, her calling my name when there's no one but me in my house or walking around. Of course there was that one time Risha pushed the automatic door button at work while imposed (but invisible) which was crazy. Then the few times Darlene caused a bush to rustle as she passes through it.

I'm happy to believe this was all imposition. It's a fair explanation. The door thing is a lot harder to explain. Synchronicity or coincidence at the least. The door doesn't open itself though.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Imposition is intentional and I do not endorse believing your tulpa can affect things in the real world)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

So, it was like my real senses were replaced by a twisted version of my room with my tulpa in. I wasn't trying to impose anything, it happened while I was talking to my tulpa and focusing on her. I also got snippets of her voice when I was relaxed. But hear me out, when I talk a lot to someone in real life, sometimes I can hear their voice when I get relaxed, including my tulpa's voice after focusing a lot on her.

--------

I fronted for a big chunk of the day, we went to a cool medieval city with an old friend of mine and I managed to hold the front for a while before I lost it randomly for no reason. We realized that autopilot activities are Mirichu's thing. If something doesn't require me, I lose the front, well, actually, I lose it even if it requires me. As soon as I enter autopilot mode. A clear way to tell who's fronting is by paying attention to the names we use when thinking or talking:

'Miri did...' - Mirichu is fronting

'Mirichu did...' - I'm fronting

It happens automatically so it's a very good way to know who's in the front even when we don't realize a switch happened. I might be thinking I'm fronting when suddenly I hear 'Miri talked to me this morning' and go 'wait what?'. Bam, a switch happened. And at this point I'm pretty sure we switch. By definition, switching is trading places with your  tulpa. My tulpa doesn't exactly go inactive when she's not fronting, she watches and feels everything I'm feeling. So it makes sense for me to be in the same state? BUT, she used to be able to go inactive when she was first created so... confabulation?

I mean, confabulation is a strong term to use here. Your system dynamics could just have changed over time. Confabulation would be believing things happened that didn't. It very rarely (ever, that I've seen) applies to general experiences like whether you switched or not. The word you're looking for is probably placebo or something, but I still don't agree.

There aren't, in fact, rails on the tulpamancy experience, it can go infinitely many different ways. We do try to keep people on the pseudo-rails, but since they're not actually there, people don't always know they're going off them...

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

We're thinking about creating a new headmate because we really miss being 3, it was more like a family. But while we already have a basic idea, we don't wanna mess it up like Miri did with Akai? And the thing is that I am not sure what exactly happened with me. I don't feel created at all, Miri one day sat down, talked to me and bam, I was there. Akai's creation was different, she was created through wonderlanding and active forcing, while I was more of a passive forcing tulpa. Akai's forcing was more on and off while mine was non-stop, so maybe there's that?

But our brain can make up voices so easily, I can ask our brain something and I might hear a reply, or a full conversation. From training our brain to hear voices, now it's really easy to do on accident, and we're worried we might be creating another ''puppet'' instead of a tulpa. And belief? well, we firmly believed Akai was a tulpa and here we are, so I don't know how to avoid doing it wrong. And sure, we can do the same thing Miri did with me but aaah, parrotnoia.

(edited)

Well, I keep telling people you can't "mess up" tulpamancy. Tulpamancy should be a malleable experience that you can always mold back into shape with enough effort.

In this case, that means you just don't stop developing your tulpa until they're clearly autonomous. Many people have said "unintentional puppeting doesn't exist", including me, right now. Puppeting is purposely controlling your tulpa or tulpa-to-be. Otherwise, you're simply working through the tulpamancy experience - working with your tulpa until they really start to feel separate, believing the whole time that they'll eventually get there. That's how it works.

So if you guys do make another tulpa, don't go in with this belief that you can "mess up".

Edited by Luminesce

(edited)

You're your best expert on you but if you want advice maybe you could imagine what kind of tulpa you want or what role you want them to fill. Then actively look for them or just wait around and see if one like that pops in. Maybe post a roommate ad in your wonderland. 😄 Just a thought.

Edited by Glaurung26

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

After thinking a lot about it, we decided that we want another tulpa. But, for that to happen, first we need to:

• Fix the problems that made us depressed in the past
  • Master lucid dreaming (as we're going to interact with her in lucid dreams)

She'd be an addition to the family, nothing more than that. She can pick up whatever role she wants after she has developed. We're going to make her a female since the body is female and it feels more natural.

Lately, we've been missing Akai a lot, especially Miri. I guess she didn't get to properly ''mourn''. We tried to talk to her to see what'd happen but it was impossible unless I parroted her, which felt extremely fake as I can't even remember how she used to be.

Edited by Guest

This is a polar opposite of our experience. For us and for many, headmates, even characters, do not lose potency or potential simply by not interacting with them.

I feel like there's something more to this, but I'm not going to guess what it could be. 

We feel that characters are aspects or groups of facets of the host or other headmates, so for them to lose autonomy would be like if an actor suddenly forgot how to be a character they've known well for years. 

Everyone is unique though, even characters are unique, so anything is possible.

Imposition

Just like lucid dreaming, my system once said we would not pursue this, due to irrational fears, again. But that's in the past, we've decided we want to master imposition. We're gonna approach this through lucid dreaming.

So, sometimes, reality and dreams get mixed and we might wake up with something we were holding in the dream in our real life hands, before it vanishes in a matter of seconds as we fully wake up. Example: we're holding a pen in the dream, and as we wake up, we can still feel the pen in our hand before it vanishes.

That gave us an idea:

1. Have a lucid dream
  2. Grab a small item
  3. Wake up with said item in the hands, with the intention of it still being there upon waking up
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

We call it 'bringing stuff back from dreams', except those things are imposed of course. We'd start with small items as we slowly get used to imposition. Then we'd move to living things. I'll lay in our bed next to Miri, completely focusing on her appearance, and wake up expecting her to still be there, for example.

• Guest changed the title to Miri and Miichu's Journey
  • Ranger locked this topic
  • Ranger unlocked this topic