Miri and Miichu's Journey

I think that's something that should be talked more about in tulpamancy: the fact that, as time passes, you both end up living the same lives and experiences, so how truly different is the host and tulpa? The initial differences made when personality forcing (or however the tulpa decides their personality) will slowly develop and change over the course of their lives. It makes sense that they slowly become more and more like the host, and at that point, it can be very difficult to determine who is who when thinking. 

Me and Mordecai have trouble being "separate" sometimes, just because it's easier to think and act as one unit. We'll try to talk to one another, but it's kind of difficult to keep our thoughts separate. Something that really helped us was- and this will sound really strange but- texting each other. We started writing down some of our conversations in a Discord server, and it helped us keep separate and made it more fun. Also, being able to read through old discussions and making them easier to remember helped keep him as a separate person in our mind. 

While you can't really make it new, I think taking a page out of couple's therapy stuff can help a lot. Make a day or evening where you do something together, plan an event in advance, do something she wants to do that you aren't particularly fond of. Anything that keeps her in your mind outside of whenever you have a couple spare minutes with her, even if it's something you're kind of dreading, haha.

None of these are gonna 100% fix your issues, but they might be able to push you in a positive direction and have some good times with her that aren't rooted in nostalgia.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Slipper said:

and have some good times with her that aren't rooted in nostalgia.

Ouchy, right where it hurts. It feels like most of the time we talk about something, it's the past. But, I also do that with irl friends so I don't think it has anything to do with Miichu herself. It has more to do with me living in the past constantly, because the present sucks.

Years ago, we had a private blog we used to talk about what we did and how we felt that day and it worked. Definitely should do that again. Having a PR is good and all but we don't update this every single day.

When my tulpa was first starting to front, there were many things I didn't like but that she wanted to do. Nowadays we pretty much like the same things and it feels like our feelings are sort of connected in a way that if I dislike something, she dislikes it too, etc... There's very little separation at this point, as if only our identities and worldviews are separated.

Hi. I'm Miri, Miichu's host. I want to help my tulpa achieve her goals but ultimately, I'm just tagging along. Here's our Progress Report

Do something daring and exciting together. I don't know, just throwing ideas at the wall. Maybe it would be an interesting bonding moment and you can compare how the experience was for you versus how it was for them.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

I have some ideas about strengthening connection too. Well, I think that it works the same way as it works between any conscious living beings. There are two primary ways:
1. Good experience + consistency
Long-term things that don't lose value. Examples: being open, honest, playful; keeping promises; cuddling; doing things you both enjoy together.
2. Good experience + excitement
New things that cause stronger positive emotional responses make interactions more fun and give more motivation to do it again (both consciously and subconsciously).

What worked best for us:
• Love (any kind, companionship-based is good too).
I guess most tulpamancers already love their tulpas logically. The point is to get emotional responses consistently. What helped us a lot is "keeping eye contact" regularly. It consists of:
◇ Leaving autopilot mode and raising awareness for both sides
◇ Two-sided presence imposition with paying a lot of attention to changes in each other's reactions
• Including tulpas in flow-state activities.
You should be able to both pay attention to each other and enjoy the activity, so choose something that works for you. Some ideas: listening to emotional music, dancing, meditating with or on each other.
• Fixing tulpamancy skills we were bad at and/or gave up trying.
My visualization was terrible so I had no motivation to keep trying. Then we made 3d models for tulpas, and it's become a lot easier.
Also, I thought that 3d-voice is annoying and pointless, but Ruby showed me that it can be fun sometimes.

--

Idk about separation. We've adapted to each other in many ways, but still very different.
Perhaps some personality tests can help you identify differences in values that don't seem so obvious anymore.

All for the void within

I'm a host of Reika and Ruby

16 hours ago, TB said:

Do something daring and exciting together.

9 minutes ago, the_wall said:

New things that cause stronger positive emotional responses make interactions more fun and give more motivation to do it again (both consciously and subconsciously).

This is very good advice. If I have fun doing something with someone and enjoy it, my brain will start associating that person with positive emotions. At least that's my theory. So I just have to apply it to my tulpa and viceversa. We're always on autopilot, when we go outside we tend to listen to music without any kind of awareness. In the good old times, my tulpa and I took walks without music, just focusing on each other, and those were amazing. We would get lost talking to each other but I guess we then found music and forgot about it.

Might make a plan for us later.

Hi. I'm Miri, Miichu's host. I want to help my tulpa achieve her goals but ultimately, I'm just tagging along. Here's our Progress Report

There is a lot of good advice here! But I want to add one thing: don't rely on novelty-seeking to strengthen your bond. The problem with finding new and exciting things to do to spice up your life/friendship/relationship/etc is that eventually you run out of new and exciting things to do. Phil and I ran into that wall about a year in, and I know Miichu's been around a lot longer than that. I think instead of relying on novelty-seeking, consistency is a more long-term and stable way to keep things going. Phil and I might not break a whole lot of new ground on a regular basis these days, but we have familiar things, places, activities, etc that we can return to that are special to us and that we associate with each other! It may help to develop some of those with Miichu, though I'm guessing you probably already have some. Even just little rituals in your life that you can do together can help! 😊

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

1 hour ago, TurboSimmie said:

It may help to develop some of those with Miichu, though I'm guessing you probably already have some. Even just little rituals in your life that you can do together can help! 😊

Yup! Already have a few ones of those. Once upon time, back when Akai was still part of our system, she'd go inactive and it'd be just Miichu and I talking about our stuff, that was our ''ritual''. Okay, here's some stuff we're gonna do:

• Talk to each to other before bed. This has been reduced to (usually) ''good night, sleep well''.
  • Greet each other in the morning and talk about what we've dreamed about, reflect on that.
  • Stop being on autopilot for such a long time and be more aware of each other.
  • Start a project together. Do some fun activities.
  • Spend time in our wonderland, build it together.
  • Imagine interactions between each other. Cuddles work too and will help with tactile imposition.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:40 AM, Miri said:

Basically, I want our tulpamancy experience to feel new and different from me again, how to? I don't know.

Ya know, I think I went through something like this a little after Gwen joined like we needed something exciting and real, something that matters, but I didn't do anything and it passed on it's own, now it's been years.

It feels like we're not that apathetic towards each other anymore. I've been fronting for over a week I think? and Miichu is very talkative while I'm fronting, as opposed to me. We've been talking to each other a lot lately. I don't know if I ever got to appreciate what having someone to share mind with was like. It's amazing. Having someone who can read my mind like an open book is incredible. To think about something and instantly having someone comment on said thought is I don't know... magical? It feels like Miichu is the closest person to me and that won't ever change, it's impossible for it to change. We've been through a lot together, sharing emotions and physical sensations, being together 24/7. She understands me better than anyone could ever hope to.

Last night, as I was falling asleep, I felt like I could hear my tulpa and it felt so weird, in a good way. Makes me wonder how it'd feel if Miichu had her own body, it would feel so wholesome. Dammit, I wanna hug my best friend!

I think I'm craving physical affection from my tulpa, no, not in a sexual way. But rather, hugs and maybe a pat in the back, that sort of way. But it has to be specifically from my tulpa, when I hug my friends, I don't really feel much. Or maybe I just want my tulpa to be physical, like my outside-my-brain friends, I feel like we could have so much fun but I also appreciate the sort of mental link we have so both would be AMAZING. Imposition is there for a reason right? Although it feels like lucid dreaming is better for that task