Post link isn't working for me?

Ranger

Question

Lumi quoted this post in the Last One to Post Wins! thread and left this link: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/?do=findComment&comment=282029

I noticed that for whatever reason, the link takes me to not just the wrong post, but also the wrong page. Ember.Vesper reported that this link works for them and after testing with our Shadow account, it seems to work fine for us.

image.thumb.png.b87efa12400d32e677a17294c8e101d9.png

(What happens when I click on the link)

image.thumb.png.aa388a0e7ce19171c13960214dbe5355.png

(What happens when I click the link using our Shadow account)

In addition, I have not come across a post link that didn't work for me except for old forum post links.

I wonder if this issue has something to do with my moderator account, but I'm not sure. I wonder if this had to do with my LOTPW feed being out of sync, but my feed is not different from the Shadow account's feed. If not, is it some kind of side effect from the creation of that stray deleted post?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

3 answers to this question

I'm seeing the same thing as Ranger.  If it's still happening after the forum update (pending) I'll open a ticket.  Hang tight.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

(edited)

The previous example works as it should, but I'm having that problem again and I finally got tired of it.

When I click on my notification shown bellow, it takes me to this page in the Last One to Post Wins thread. It is not even focusing on Mirichu's post, it just seems arbitrary.

image.thumb.png.7507acf6b7e7f4b64981d013c13973ac.png

Bre's original post connected to the notification is on the previous page, shown here:

image.thumb.png.86682b8552701dcb0e71d12f87a77549.png

The notification link: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/?do=findComment&comment=295036

Bre's post link: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/?do=findComment&comment=295036

When I checked both links while writing this post, both took me to this page:

image.thumb.png.e2f80635fb5b91a787ae9329c3765ad6.png

and now the notification and post link do the same thing...

I did some further investigation and realized some posts broke while others didn't. This seemed painfully familiar, and I remember at one point reporting this problem because deleted posts were throwing off my notifications or something. So I did the same thing I did before, narrowing down which post was causing the break.

I narrowed it down to this page and... Raccoon's post (#61422)? For whatever reason, the links stop working after his post on this page: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/page/6143/

I tested the glitch in the LOTPW thread to see if Cat's account was affected or if it was specific to my account. I used my and Cat's accounts to post and then used our Shadow System account to quote the previous posts. I found that the glitch is specific to my account. Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Not working for me either.  Seems to work incogneto... I'm opening a support request this weekend.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png