Meditation ‘Sensing’

Visionaire

Is it completely normal to be ‘sensing’ other people in the room with you while meditating, although no one is there? Like for example, you close your eyes and your mom walks in the room. Her ‘presence’ is there. It’s obvious. It’s that kind of feeling that usually comes up 5-10 minutes in. It doesn’t necessarily  creeps me out, just unnerving a bit. A little help?

I know some tulpamancers have an easier time detecting their tulpa's presence while meditating, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Well, not necessarily. Usually, she is away doing something else while I’m meditating. It’s like a different presence altogether. I tried experimenting with ‘it’, and asked it to move. Well, it did, but it has some sort of a mind of its own.

This is weirdly familiar. I know another system who also has a lurking "presence" and their presence has lead to accidental walk-in creation. Every time they investigated it, they ended up creating a new tulpa only to realize the tulpa is not the presence.

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/15791-“lurking”-tulpas/

If your presence and their presence are related, it's still an open mystery. All I can tell you is don't go looking for any "hidden" tulpas because you run the risk of accidentally making new ones.

Does this presence ever go away? Does it only appear during meditation?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

As I understand meditation can lead to a variety of unusual sensations. And given how spiritually minded people can feel presences, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. I have nothing to offer on what the presence actually is. It may be best to just focus on the meditation, assuming this isn't a tulpaforcing thing.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to respond, it’s been a busy time here. Thanks for the help Ranger and Yukari, and yes Ranger this only happens during meditation. They don’t usually leave unless I were to stop meditating.

Also, this has been a reoccurring thing that has been happening before I ever knew of tulpas. Sorry if that sounds confusing, I’m also confused.