i keep subconsciously sliding back into front if i dont put 100% attention on being switched out, how to stop this?

anashyean

so first of all, i should probably mention its hard for me to dissociate. sometimes its way easier and i can just do it on a whim, most of the time its impossible without meditation (and 95% of my day doesnt allow for me to be in distraction-free area). but we still might be able to switch, then just that if i cant dissociate it certainly feels like im doing everything (including the pre-thought maybe 50 or more % of the time).

if im in a state to easily dissociate, we find it much easier to stay switched. but most of the time im not able to easily dissociate and not in an environment where i can easily meditate. and when i cant dissociate, what i described in the title of this post happens. im really not sure what to do about it and all of us would really like to be able to switch more easily and frequently.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What helped our host to prevent accidentally stealing the front, even if she wasn't dissociated from the body, was training herself to not react to anything. Things that usually made her slid into the front were things suchs as being startled, called or feeling the urge to do something. She practiced ignoring these kind of things until she basically didn't react to them at all. Made a big difference. Even if I stop focusing on myself and just let my mind wander, she doesn't steal it.

You can try to let your tulpa do something specifically related to them so the brain associates it with them. That way it won't default to you, hopefully. If you're going to focus on you not being switched in, maybe visualize yourself outside the body so the brain thinks: host = outside/out of control, tulpa = inside/in control. Or better, have your tulpa do this for you, so you're not the one thinking.

nothing like makes me "snap" back into front, its more like once i forget about there existing more people in our head than just me i just kinda slip back in without noticing, no matter what is being done or what im thinking

and im not quite sure how to create a trigger like that for one of my headmates, they dont even know what their favourite song is (with one headmate's exception)

and ive tried to visualise myself outside the body, in headspace, and my headmate being the "energy" that controls me, viewing our hands as just a hunk of flesh, or anything like that, but if im not in a good state for dissociation literally none of these work most of the time

and my headmates wouldnt be able to imagine that for me, they dont that kind of control in the system

10 hours ago, anashyean said:

and im not quite sure how to create a trigger like that for one of my headmates, they dont even know what their favourite song is (with one headmate's exception)

Is there anything that the brain could associate with them?  something that can make the brain believe that person needs to be fronting to do that task?

10 hours ago, anashyean said:

its more like once i forget about there existing more people in our head than just me i just kinda slip back in without noticing, no matter what is being done or what im thinking

Maybe that's the problem, that you're thinking too much when they're fronting. Try to let them do all the thinking.

1 hour ago, Mirichu said:

Is there anything that the brain could associate with them?  something that can make the brain believe that person needs to be fronting to do that task?

it seems that all of us share our abilities in being able to do something, anything i can do they can do and vice versa. the only way it differs is for example if ashye were to play rocket league, it be a more "sharp" style while id be trying to make it smooth-looking

Maybe that's the problem, that you're thinking too much when they're fronting. Try to let them do all the thinking.

i was doing some drawing yesterday, and i remembered ashye would like to try draw. so we did our best to switch. ashye controlled drawing it for a few seconds, until i completely forgot about it and went into a semi-autopilot state which made me front. the problem is literally im thinking too little about being switched out

plus, im not really sure how to let them carry the thinking...

1 hour ago, anashyean said:

it seems that all of us share our abilities in being able to do something, anything i can do they can do and vice versa. the only way it differs is for example if ashye were to play rocket league, it be a more "sharp" style while id be trying to make it smooth-looking

It doesn't matter if you guys share abilities. It's more about something being more specific to one of you. Like for example playing a game one of you enjoys more than the others. So when you're playing that game, the brain will associate it with that person.

1 hour ago, anashyean said:

plus, im not really sure how to let them carry the thinking...

Try having your tulpa narrate their actions or talking to themselves about whatever it's on their mind. When I want to stay focused on myself, I always narrate my actions as if I was commenting on my own life, 'now we're going to the park', 'the bench is frozen', 'it's getting later', 'I better buy this', etc...you get an idea. Doing this for too long results in me forgetting about anyone else, so maybe try your tulpas to do that and see how it goes.

5 hours ago, Mirichu said:

It doesn't matter if you guys share abilities. It's more about something being more specific to one of you. Like for example playing a game one of you enjoys more than the others. So when you're playing that game, the brain will associate it with that person.

ok, so we've tried this, and it works while in the moment of remembering that im not fronting, but once i forget about us, i just slide back into front subconsciously, doesnt matter whether or not xi - ascension to heaven or l'internationale is playing specifically for aurora, our brain just starts processing it as "background music" and then the same problem as in the title of the post occurs

5 hours ago, Mirichu said:

Try having your tulpa narrate their actions or talking to themselves about whatever it's on their mind. When I want to stay focused on myself, I always narrate my actions as if I was commenting on my own life, 'now we're going to the park', 'the bench is frozen', 'it's getting later', 'I better buy this', etc...you get an idea. Doing this for too long results in me forgetting about anyone else, so maybe try your tulpas to do that and see how it goes.

that actually does seem to work for dissociating, but again eventually their voice fades out and are unintentionally replaced by my thoughts

14 minutes ago, anashyean said:

but once i forget about us, i just slide back into front subconsciously, doesnt matter whether or not xi - ascension to heaven or l'internationale is playing specifically for aurora, our brain just starts processing it as "background music" and then the same problem as in the title of the post occurs

Then try with something that requires all their focus, like writing. Let your tulpa write down their thoughts or something that actually makes them think. Have them fill out online quizzes about a topic they like and let them think through their answers, create a story or write their opinion about something. Anything that requires a bit of thinking. If you find your mind defaulting to your thoughts, stop and try again. It'll hopefully be more effective than just narrating their thoughts, since it is easier to let your mind wander that way.

Then try with something that requires all their focus, like writing. Let your tulpa write down their thoughts or something that actually makes them think. Have them fill out online quizzes about a topic they like and let them think through their answers, create a story or write their opinion about something. Anything that requires a bit of thinking. If you find your mind defaulting to your thoughts, stop and try again. It'll hopefully be more effective than just narrating their thoughts, since it is easier to let your mind wander that way.

would practicing this also help for staying switched in less focus-demanding tasks?

Yeah, pretty much. Start with things that demand all your focus to get the brain used to another personality running things and then, when you don't find yourself sliding into the front anymore, go onto less demanding tasks.