Need Opinion about Spontaneous Tulpa Name from Dream

Ridley

(edited)

I am a 48 yo woman and I decided to try making a tulpa after reading quite a bit on the topic. I had her visualized and was narrating alot to her in Wonderland. I couldn't decide on a name so I asked her to let me know what she wants to be called. Then I dreamed of a name. Thorid. I am uneasy with this and was wondering if anyone has advice on this name or what this could mean. Some definitions are a little disconcerting if you google it. I've stopped for now. I'm a little afraid and kind of need some advice from some of you with experience. Thank you for reading.

Edited by Ranger
Made title more descriptive

I think you're overanalyzing it. To me it looks like it's just a random name the brain gave you because you were expecting it. Only this comes up when looking up that name. So if you didn't know the meaning behind it, chances are it's just a coincidence and it doesn't mean anything.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was a little shocked I dreamed it. Took me by surprise. I had seen it equated with "fallen angel" but I think that was just in an online game when I googled it. It's such an unusual name to come up. Anyway, thanks again 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Well, taking in account that tulpas are created within the mind, a name that your dreams gave you doesn't sound bad, doesn't it?

Kaede: Yeah, it doesn't matter that the name was given on a dream. Besides, it's a pretty uncommon name, so your tulpa will be pretty unique! Unlike me, that I'm a tulpa based on a videogame.

[Rouge] This reminds me of how we got Torea’s name. I’m not entirely sure if I should call it a dream, by very early on in our system Azure got into some weird trance state where she spoke in gibberish and sent mental images of what is now Torea’s form. The name Torea was the only part of Azure’s gibberish we could remember, and it stuck.

I’ve had random names come to me in dreams, and have even asked my subconscious for random names in dreams. Most of them weren’t very aesthetic, and I wouldn’t willingly have given any of them to a tulpa.

If a name came to you in a dream, it might not necessarily have come from your tulpa, or could also have come from them while they were in the same groggy semi-conscious state that most hosts are in when they dream. I’d say all that matters is whether they say they like the name when you’re both awake.