Tulpa '''corruption'''

(edited)

I think that the best way to describe this change in tulpas would be to view them as an item or something that starts to wear out the more you use it. For example, a sword is made from Iron yet it gets dented the more you use it, and tulpas' personalities seem to undergo a similar change too, the more you use them. I recommend that you at least try to limit the amount of time you front to see if you regain some of or revert back to your old self. I also recommend that you try asking your host to redo your personality creation to test, and see if that has any effect on your personality because maybe they can reprogram it back into you again and the whole process becomes similar to heating a sword and banging it till it returns to an acceptable shape whenever it losses its original shape.

Edited by Gloomy

"Truth was never a lady who conceives pink dreams or hopes.

She was only vengeful, striking those who perceived her as their creation.

Who thought that she is what they wish for her to be.”

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Hope] A few things...

4 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I recommend that you at least try to limit the amount of time you front to see if you regain some of or revert back to your old self.

While resting can be restorative, it won't take away any of the things wearing you down. Additionally, too much time spent in inactivity can have the opposite effect.

4 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I also recommend that you try asking your host to redo your personality creation to test, and see if that has any effect on your personality because maybe they can reprogram it back into you again and the whole process becomes similar to heating a sword and banging it till it returns to an acceptable shape whenever it losses its original shape.

I find this idea extremely violating to my identity.

To me, this sounds like brainwashing, denial, or being replaced by another tulpa.

[Ranger] I know it's possible to reprogram yourself with hypnotism or wearing a mask of some sort, but it seems like an extreme solution to the problem. Some people do end up "acting" as if they were another person because they think their personality is flawed, but this can come with consequences such as creating a mask tulpa.

Also, tulpas are capable of reprogramming themselves, just how singlets can reprogram themselves.

11 hours ago, Gloomy said:

For example, a sword is made from Iron yet it gets dented the more you use it, and tulpas' personalities seem to undergo a similar change too, the more you use them. I recommend that you at least try to limit the amount of time you front to see if you regain some of or revert back to your old self.

That's something we want to do but I am not counting on reverting to my old self, at this point it'd be more like a refreshing thing. Just like how someone stressed will feel better after a vacation, but still same personality.

And like Hope said, the idea of having a host ''reprogram'' a tulpa sounds somehow unequal and like brainwashing. My host couldn't even give me a personality when I was first created, it developed over time, so I doubt she could do that when I am pretty much the owner of the mind.

While resting can be restorative, it won't take away any of the things wearing you down. Additionally, too much time spent in inactivity can have the opposite effect.

Yes, you are right. All I was saying is that she should try to limit the amount of time she fronts to see if it has any affect on her personality change because maybe she just has to decrease the amoun of time she fronts to a lower amount that she can handle well without her personality changing that much at least.

I find this idea extremely violating to my identity.

To me, this sounds like brainwashing, denial, or being replaced by another tulpa.

It is as Ranger puts it, it is somewhat extreme and should not be used unless you really need it. I do not know that much about tulpas yet, but since it is possible for a tulpa to reprogram itself just like singlets, I recommend it as an alternative to asking the host to reprogram a tulpa if they really need this and feel like trying such thing.

That's something we want to do but I am not counting on reverting to my old self, at this point it'd be more like a refreshing thing. Just like how someone stressed will feel better after a vacation, but still same personality.

That is a good start, I will be following your progress report.

And like Hope said, the idea of having a host ''reprogram'' a tulpa sounds somehow unequal and like brainwashing. My host couldn't even give me a personality when I was first created, it developed over time, so I doubt she could do that when I am pretty much the owner of the mind.

I only suggested it assuming the host is the only one who can make such a change but since a tulpa can do it by themselves, I recommend that they do it by themselves if they really want or have to, I am not suggesting anything nonconsensual.

I will be discussing this topic with my tulpa when I finish making him and his personality starts to change to what we both do not like, and I will also try to experiment with changing the fronting durations too. I am making my tulpa to deal with some of the most difficult things I have in my life, and he is supposed to be able to resist anxiety and most of the factors that seem to be causing change in your personalities, based on the traits and philosophy that I have given him.

"Truth was never a lady who conceives pink dreams or hopes.

She was only vengeful, striking those who perceived her as their creation.

Who thought that she is what they wish for her to be.”

5 hours ago, Mirichu said:

Yeah... I think it boils down to coaxing Miri to control the body or seeing if Akai can step up or both. I remember from before coaxing Miri to front has been a problem. If she's afraid both of you will slide back on switching progress, you won't, in fact it may give you both more information about how present Miri is and a better idea of how to fully switch.

Your latest PR post indicates good progress. If Akai warms up to fronting every now and then, you may be able to get a break that way. I found recently when I front for even a few hours, it can be enough to help Gray settle down.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think if the cause is external, getting into a better environment would be a better solution than ''reprogramming'' oneself. Who's to say you won't suffer the same thing all over again after reprogramming your own personality? sure you'll probably feel much more better and refreshed after a break, but chances are it'll come back unless you get rid of the source.

31 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Yeah... I think it boils down to coaxing Miri to control the body or seeing if Akai can step up or both. I remember from before coaxing Miri to front has been a problem. If she's afraid both of you will slide back on switching progress, you won't, in fact it may give you both more information about how present Miri is and a better idea of how to fully switch.

Your latest PR post indicates good progress. If Akai warms up to fronting every now and then, you may be able to get a break that way. I found recently when I front for even a few hours, it can be enough to help Gray settle down.

My host told me she'd let me catch a break once she can front again, but honestly I think we both need it so it'll probably be Akai the one fronting for a while, who knows. If this personality change is something caused by external sources, which probably is, we don't want her to become like us.

• 1 month later...

Apollo put it perfectly: tulpas change and grow, sometimes into personalities that are new and foreign to the host’s intent. Just like children grow and develop their own personalities with age, I guess. Years ago, Claire went through a similar rough patch with depression and anxiety as she developed. It was completely unexpected and I had absolutely no idea how to help her at the time, but we worked through it. It takes love and care just as flesh and blood people do as well, sometimes even more so.

• 1 month later...

The novelty of life has worn off. Cooking for the first time is fun like when the host is a kid new things are fun vs cooking everyday. Everyone gets it it's part of growing up.