College research looking for interviewees

Jessica Hunsberger

My name is Jessica Hunsberger, and I am a student at Champlain College studying art and animation for video games. One of my classes, Secular and the Sacred: X-Files, requires for my final project that I conduct some ethnographic field research in a community in which I am interested so that I may produce a final research paper detailing the culture and history of said community.

Despite the “X-Files” moniker, the assignment is explicitly NOT focused on the supernatural but rather the intersections of community, science, and belief. (X-Files is more of a fun theme, if anything.) Thus, being a lurker in the Tulpamancy community for some years now, there is no community I think would be more fitting for me to research.

I would like to interview at least one tulpamancer (and their tulpas, if possible!) but I would be happy to interview more if there is enough interest. Ideally, I would like to record the interview for my sanity so I can remember what we talked about without having to take notes the whole time, and I would be happy to supply you with a copy of the recording and the final paper when it is completed. We can communicate however you like, be it Discord, Skype, or some other means.

Questions will be about how you came to know of this community, how long you have been an active participant, and your experiences regarding tulpaforcing and interacting with your tulpas. What techniques did/do you use? How has this impacted your life at large? And so on. I do not expect the conversations to last more than thirty minutes (but they can, if you want!) and first and foremost I see this as a more conversational thing.

If you are interested, please send me a message on this forum saying a little something about yourself and your tulpas and how you would like to communicate and I will get back to you as soon as possible (I live on the east coast). Thank you!

EDIT 3/21/2020 - Thanks for your interest folks! I'm going to have to put a cork in it for now, but if you're still interested stay tuned - I may re-open interviews in the future! (If you REALLY want to do it and haven't done so already, send me a message by the end of the day today and I'll see what I can do.)

Edited by Jessica Hunsberger

I am curious about participating, however I would like to double check with my headmates and I have a few questions:

1) May I avoid showing my face? I don't mind if you record the conversation, but I am not comfortable exposing my face at this time.
2) If we did a voice call on discord, would you be okay if our headmates typed in the chat instead of speak? That would make most of them a lot more comfortable since most of them are not used to speaking with the body's voice.
3) Would you prefer me or my host, Cat/Gray?

If anyone else is also interested, feel free to speak up. This is something we're just thinking about and we don't mind going later or not getting interviewed.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

I am curious about participating, however I would like to double check with my headmates and I have a few questions:

1) May I avoid showing my face? I don't mind if you record the conversation, but I am not comfortable exposing my face at this time.
2) If we did a voice call on discord, would you be okay if our headmates typed in the chat instead of speak? That would make most of them a lot more comfortable since most of them are not used to speaking with the body's voice.
3) Would you prefer me or my host, Cat/Gray?

If anyone else is also interested, feel free to speak up. This is something we're just thinking about and we don't mind going later or not getting interviewed.

1) It's completely fine if you don't want to show your face!

2) Typing in the chat is totally cool too, as long as you're okay with me referencing the transcripts later.

3) It depends on what you are most comfortable with. I'd be happy to interview you or your host, depending on whoever wants to talk most. If you want to talk, by all means, please do!