Questions about using CGI and voice recordings in forcing

TheOther

I plan to create my first tupper later in the year, and I’ll mostly be using a combination of the traditional methods described in the guides throughout this site (I’ve read a few of the guides listed here, including Tulpa’s Complete Guide and a few smaller ones). But I also plan to incorporate 3D art and voice recordings into the forcing.

My current intention is to model a CGI body for the tulpa, partly to help with visualisation in eyes-shut meditation and the like, but I’ve also considered: Would it be wise to force with her image onscreen like I’m having a Skype session, mentally “talking” with her through the screen like it’s a portal into her world? I’m also planning to find audio recordings of any actress I might want her to sound like and lip-syncing the audio to an animation of her talking, in an attempt to help establish her voice in my head.

I know tulpas apparently tend to change their appearances/voices over time, but a lot of hosts have forms in mind when they begin forcing anyway, so these animations would just be one extra step. Who here has tried anything similar to this, and is this a smart idea?

We once tried to do the ''Skype'' thingy in the mirror and it didn't work as expected because it was hard for us to pretend it was me the one on the other side (like you'd pretend your tulpa is actually the one on screen), it just felt very fake. But that doesn't mean it won't work for you, it's a very creative idea to try (and very detailed too, which is good to see you're so invested into this).  I guess the only thing that you shouldn't do is getting too used to it in a way that you feel like you can only talk to her by doing that.

I think it sounds like a really good idea. It is common to implement creative methods like art or writing to strengthen a tulpa's form and identity. I'd say go for it!

I agree that it's a creative idea and you just dive into it! There's nothing wrong with having a reference you look at directly, some tulpamancers already talk directly to treasured possessions or stuffed animals.

In the beginning, you may want to use really simple models just in case your tulpa decides they want a different form so you only have to set aside hours of work instead of hundreds of hours of work. If your tulpa decides they're a shapeshifter, then uh... I don't know good luck.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Thanks all for the great advice! I think the amount of time I put into this forcing method might depend on how much I like the results of my modelling. I don’t think it’ll be too much wasted time to create the art if they choose another form partway into forcing. My planned tulpa is a humanoid, so MakeHuman will be doing 90% of the “modelling” for me and the rest of the work will mostly involve picking shaders.