Pleeb

The Mortality of a Tulpa (also, how dangerous are dreams?).

If the tulpa can feel the pain, or gets injured somehow, it means that tulpaforced objects can hurt the tulpa. It also means it may be possible for a second tulpa to kill the first (I think Glitch was mentioning something like this?).

Wait a second.

If the Tulpa says it feels pain, it is possible that it really does.

But saying it would die just because it feels pain is not right. If we want to find out if a Tulpa can die this way, we will have to attempt to kill it.

And even then - it might differ from person to person if the Tulpa dies. This imagined object (knife) might be able to kill person 1's Tulpa, but person 2 could have a Tulpa which isn't even affected by a knife (e.g. aura).

If anything, then make it something like this:

Create imaginary object which is potentially deadly to Tulpa. Let the Tulpa use it to hurt itself.

Does it feel Pain?

Yes -> Tulpa might feel pain.

No -> Tulpa might not feel pain.

Create imaginary object which is potentionally deadly to Tulpa. Let the Tulpa kill itself.

Is it dead?

Yes -> Tulpa might be dead.

No -> Tulpa is still alive. (see what i did there)

Even then we have the possibility that only the Tulpa's body is affected and the voice plus assumed consciousness stays.

If yes:

Can you "resurrect" the Tulpa without spending a relatively huge amount of time as it is the case for creation? OR Does the Tulpa reappear on itself?

Yes -> Tulpa was not completely dead, just kind of lost its form and/or consciousness.

No -> Tulpa might truly be dead.

All of this is too complex to get over in 10 minutes. Since a Tulpa is very individual, we might have a huge amount of exceptions and a variety of outcomes.

And we still can't be sure what really happened at this point, not to mention what happens when two Tulpae fight against each other.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

I think it depends. Mainly on how strongly host connects tulpa consciousness and her body. If host is stronglt convinced that object he impose is really his tulpa, then mortality of tulpa is more posible than in cases when host considers imposed object as only avatar or servitor controled by tulpa.

In my opinion, it would be better if we explore how strong connection is, between body and mind of tulpa.

In my opinion, it would be better if we explore how strong connection is, between body and mind of tulpa.

Could this be examined by "breaking down" a fully imposed tulpa's form, and putting the consciousness in a different form?

[Note: Opinions]

I don't see a reason to break anything. I think giving tulpa second, fully imposed body to switch at will, would be proof enough.

I don't see a reason to break anything. I think giving tulpa second, fully imposed body to switch at will, would be proof enough.

Isn't this the same as making a shapeshifter tulpa, since you have to separately force each form for it?

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Can you "resurrect" the Tulpa without spending a relatively huge amount of time as it is the case for creation? OR Does the Tulpa reappear on itself?

Yes -> Tulpa was not completely dead, just kind of lost its form and/or consciousness.

No -> Tulpa might truly be dead.

Someone on IRC accidentally killed his tulpa, likely because he bound the tulpa to the imaginary system's rules he came up with, although he refused to explain the details. He panicked when this happened and tulpaforced for a few hours trying to bring her back, initially he failed, but she was back in the morning, with the memory of the incident not present.

On the subject of the first question; if they can feel pain, they can be injured/killed regardless of if it's in your wonderland or not. The difference is (at least for me) that they're constantly absorbing ambient mental energy in my wonderland, so they'll resurrect after a few days, or you could conceivably speed it up by pouring tons of energy into them. So far as I can tell, killing them in the physical world makes them die permanently.

As for the second one, from personal experience, suffering fatal injury or otherwise being killed in a dream simply kicks them out/forces them to wake up.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Yes

You forgot to mention how bringing it back caused it to TURN INTO TWO TULPAS. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.

If you want to learn more, ask irc for deets.

[Note: Opinions]