How to train better impositions after learning how to?

neo

I've recently managed to impose whole images vividly, the trick was to settle for a small version of the reference I wanted and eventually I'll try to make it life-size. But the thing is I don't know the best way to move forward now, people say it's like a muscle that gets better over time but it doesn't seem to be getting better from just doing it over and over, I gave it

plenty of time and pratice and I still got the same results from it, if it is really like a muscle now would be the time to increase the weight.

The question is how do I "increase the weight" now instead of just doing the same thing over and over?
I'm at the point of seeing realistic images with a little detail, but small and flickering in and out.

Congrats on achieving visual imposition! We don't have visual imposition yet, but it sounds like this issue may be more specific to visualization.

If the goal is to achieve a life-sized visual, it may help to slowly upscale until you achieve a life-sized image. Enlarge the image until it's low resolution and fuzzy but not a blur. From there, focus on enhancing the minor details until you are comfortable with that size. In theory, this will reveal what detail work you need to focus on and you can break it apart piece by piece, slowly building your way up.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

42 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Congrats on achieving visual imposition! We don't have visual imposition yet, but it sounds like this issue may be more specific to visualization.

If the goal is to achieve a life-sized visual, it may help to slowly upscale until you achieve a life-sized image. Enlarge the image until it's low resolution and fuzzy but not a blur. From there, focus on enhancing the minor details until you are comfortable with that size. In theory, this will reveal what detail work you need to focus on and you can break it apart piece by piece, slowly building your way up.

thanks it took a lot of time just to get to that, it seems to be a problem with the size of the area in the visual field, if I try to scale it up I keep seeing the same space but will only be able to look at some details, like I'm looking through a hole in the wall, if its small I can see the whole thing but if it's big I can only see a shoulder or top of the head. Just scaling up the visualization doesn't seem to increase the area of the imposition.