Reverse imposition to "full dive" into a mental landscape?

Hormoz

So in this guide, it talks about how you can basically enter your wonderland by a method called reverse imposition with the purpose of switching. But I am only interested in using a similar technique to actually "full dive" into a mental landscape at will whenever I want (the goal being to actually do this in minutes) so that I can fully no longer feel my body in this world and be fully in that place, controlling that body as though I was controlling my waking body(basically similar to a lucid dream).

If anyone has seen the movie Matrix or ever lucid dreamed, they should know what I am talking about.

How possible do you think that is? Any tips on it? Can anyone here actually do this?

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/2854-guide-on-how-to-switch/

Edited by Hormoz

I think the closest you can get as far as I know is what some people like to call 'immersion', or 'wonderland immersion'. It's pretty much what you'd call "reverse imposition", which some even consider to be easier than normal imposition

Imagine reading a book and getting immersed into the world and feeling everything the main character feels. That's basically what it is. Might not be many good threads about it but this is a thread someone made that can be used to get into it

it is possible to use imposition to fully replace your senses with your wonderland. how I managed it, is I learned to impose my 5 senses, and then once I got comfortable with it I started practicing imposition basically 24/7. at first I could only impose object, and though I couldn't see though them, I still sort of knew what was behind them, and if I imposed an object to move, a copy would move, but I would still be able to see the original. over time as a result of my constant practice I eventually learned how to do "negative imposition" i.e, using imposition so that I can't experience things that are there, as opposed to seeing things that are there, some time after that I started manipulating large parts of the world around me though imposition, and then eventually I was able to impose all of my surroundings to be whatever I wanted (I like to call it "VR imposition rather than "reverse imposition" though, because it's really more like normal "AR" imposition taken to the extreme than anything new). if you do this it is also a good idea to practice imposing an extra set of limbs so that you don't walk into a wall or something using your real legs.

though this is possible, and though it is fun, if this is your only goal with imposition then it is not at all worth it. I'm not exactly certain how long it took me to be able to do VR imposition, but it was definitely over a year, with me imposing 24/7 for most of that time. this whole thing is really a ridiculous amount of time and effort for something that could be done just as well (and much more easily) through lucid dreaming. however, if you already want to do imposition and this is just another thing that you want to do with imposition, then it is a fine goal. sorry I can't give more advice than just "learn imposition, and then practice it as much as you can until you get the desired result"

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

(edited)
4 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

it is possible to use imposition to fully replace your senses with your wonderland. how I managed it, is I learned to impose my 5 senses, and then once I got comfortable with it I started practicing imposition basically 24/7. at first I could only impose object, and though I couldn't see though them, I still sort of knew what was behind them, and if I imposed an object to move, a copy would move, but I would still be able to see the original. over time as a result of my constant practice I eventually learned how to do "negative imposition" i.e, using imposition so that I can't experience things that are there, as opposed to seeing things that are there, some time after that I started manipulating large parts of the world around me though imposition, and then eventually I was able to impose all of my surroundings to be whatever I wanted (I like to call it "VR imposition rather than "reverse imposition" though, because it's really more like normal "AR" imposition taken to the extreme than anything new). if you do this it is also a good idea to practice imposing an extra set of limbs so that you don't walk into a wall or something using your real legs.

though this is possible, and though it is fun, if this is your only goal with imposition then it is not at all worth it. I'm not exactly certain how long it took me to be able to do VR imposition, but it was definitely over a year, with me imposing 24/7 for most of that time. this whole thing is really a ridiculous amount of time and effort for something that could be done just as well (and much more easily) through lucid dreaming. however, if you already want to do imposition and this is just another thing that you want to do with imposition, then it is a fine goal. sorry I can't give more advice than just "learn imposition, and then practice it as much as you can until you get the desired result"

Hey, thanks for your information, so I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I am thinking instead of actually actively overwriting your senses, to use visualization (an ability that most already have although not to a good degree) to completely replace your actual senses. So sort of like imposition but more like creating a set of different senses from the start and replacing them with your old senses. It should accomplish the same end goal but be easier since you don't need to first try to impose senses partly over your already existing senses (in other words you don't go the AR path, doing this should result in a new body from the start instead of overwriting your already existing body). What do you think about this?

"if you do this it is also a good idea to practice imposing an extra set of limbs so that you don't walk into a wall or something using your real legs."

So the end goal here should be to actually forget about your real legs, in other words, the limbs you made acting as your actual legs and hands now and you moving them just like you would move your actual limbs (so that you can't actually move your real legs and hands anymore since they are not there, unless you either "wake up" or focus on getting them back).
Have you accomplished this?

As for lucid dreaming, the end goal here indeed is to be able to enter a lucid dream whenever I want through this technique (not be limited to being sleepy or any specific time).

Edited by Hormoz

Yeah, the term you're looking for is wonderland immersion, not (reverse) imposition.  If you get comfy and reduce external distractions, you should be able to forget about your physical senses for the most part. I'd recommend reading around r/hyperphantasia to get an idea of some of the stuff people with excellent visualization skills can do  https://www.reddit.com/r/hyperphantasia/

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

(edited)

Thanks for your reply!

I have actually looked at wonderland immersion before, and while close to what I want, it's not quite the same. Wonderland immersion is more like reading a book and being immersed in it. Sure, you can somewhat forget your current senses while at it, but just a slight distraction or refocus can easily bring you back, and it's not quite the same experience as you actually doing that or being in there, it's more like being distracted from your waking senses. Most of the people at that subreddit seem to be people that found out they might actually have better than average visualization, not to mention many of them can only do a single sense.

What I want is not somewhat forgetting the senses or being distracted from them, I want them to literally not be there even if I accidentally look for them, unless I actually try to refocus and bring them back or some more than light noise wakes me up. I want to move my body there as though it were my waking body. 100% immersion, zero difference from actually traveling to there in your physical body. Basically at that point similar to a lucid dream. While I think this can actually be possible through visualization, it's not exactly similar to those stuff you described.

Edited by Hormoz

9 hours ago, Hormoz said:

I am thinking instead of actually actively overwriting your senses, to use visualization (an ability that most already have although not to a good degree) to completely replace your actual senses. So sort of like imposition but more like creating a set of different senses from the start and replacing them with your old senses. It should accomplish the same end goal but be easier since you don't need to first try to impose senses partly over your already existing senses (in other words you don't go the AR path, doing this should result in a new body from the start instead of overwriting your already existing body). What do you think about this?

maybe it would be easier to go about doing it like that, maybe not. that route is completely different from the one that I and everyone I know has taken, so I can't really say too much about it

9 hours ago, Hormoz said:

So the end goal here should be to actually forget about your real legs, in other words, the limbs you made acting as your actual legs and hands now and you moving them just like you would move your actual limbs (so that you can't actually move your real legs and hands anymore since they are not there, unless you either "wake up" or focus on getting them back).
Have you accomplished this?

I can impose new limbs, but I cannot yet make myself lose awareness of my real limbs. I figure I'll be able to do it eventually, but it's not really something that I am specifically working towards because I don't have any problem with being aware of my real limbs while wonderlanding or otherwise

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me