(edited)

So I'm not new to tulpamancy. I have had tulpa ever since I was 6 years old- so approximately 14 years. I've loved and cherished them all this time, and only found out last year what they truly were. Or so I thought. I want to run how my tulpa operate past other people and get their opinions- are they really tulpa? I have been doing research into Daemons, Soulbonders, wonderlands, and many other topics, and it strongly has me rethinking everything.

To start off, albeit that I am not new to the concept, I seem to not have much practice. When I read about tulpa, I read about fronting, taking over (tulpa coming through the body to interact with the outside world). However, that does not occur with my tulpa. They have done it, maybe once, and I was not "taking a back seat" when they did it. So I'm very confused, to say the least. They function on their own, they have their own wills and personalities, they have their own hobbies, even their own relationships with other tulpa. Everyone of them works well with others, even if their personalities clash sometimes. The only quarrels I have are with "walk-ins"? I'm not sure what to call them, but every so often we get a stray entity that comes around, friend or foe, and doesn't stay long. Sometimes they cause mayhem, other times they sit down and heave tea with my boys before leaving again. I have approximately 25 tulpa as well, excluding those that occasionally come around but are still permanent. (i.e. i have a group of 3 werewolves that I see and talk with every few months)

Another thing is, I don't see "see" them, in my physical space around me. I feel the spatially, and visualize them that way. Sometimes their appearances change, alter, or warp. Sometimes they are clear and defined, when I have good days, but other times they truly feel like wispy spirits just nearby, not full entities.

I'm really distraught right now because I don't know what to call them. I don't know what to look up for research. I don't know what to practice first. I don't know how to approach anything right now, because for the past 14 years I've just head them as friends in my head, who I talk with and are their own people, but I can't feel them that well.

If anyone can offer any advice it's greatly appreciated, I will also answer any question people throw at me. Thank you all for your time.

Edit: I really need help figuring out what or who my "first" tulpa was...he's a complete mystery.

Edited by Itamiko

2 hours ago, Itamiko said:

They function on their own, they have their own wills and personalities, they have their own hobbies, even their own relationships with other tulpa.

This is pretty much how a tulpa functions. As independent people from you.

The only quarrels I have are with "walk-ins"? I'm not sure what to call them, but every so often we get a stray entity that comes around, friend or foe, and doesn't stay long. Sometimes they cause mayhem, other times they sit down and heave tea with my boys before leaving again.

Sometimes people can get thoughtforms that seem to be sentient but aren't at all. Your mind knows how to simulate them, so it does so, expectations can play a big role here. However, if you start interacting with them, then they'll eventually become sentient. Those you describe sound pretty much like walk-ins.

If you wanted to keep them around, then you'd only need to start interacting with them and ''forcing'' them. But your system is already pretty big so I doubt that'd be a very wise idea. Be free to simply deny them access if you don't want them around, since chances are they're not even sentient.

Another thing is, I don't see "see" them, in my physical space around me. I feel the spatially, and visualize them that way. Sometimes their appearances change, alter, or warp.

If you could actually see them like you'd see a physical person, that'd be imposition. Basically, hallucinating your tulpa in real life. Most people just visualize them like you described.

I'm really distraught right now because I don't know what to call them. I don't know what to look up for research. I don't know what to practice first. I don't know how to approach anything right now, because for the past 14 years I've just head them as friends in my head, who I talk with and are their own people, but I can't feel them that well.

If they're independent from you, meaning, they act on their own, without you controlling what they do, then they're pretty much tulpas. Talking and interacting with them is how you ''force'' a tulpa, so I think by doing that you're on the right track. You said you can't feel them very well, but how do you mean?

@Mirichu Omg thank you for all of your replies, these are really helping me!!

As for your last question, I can't feel them too well physically. Like, say I had one standing next to me, i couldn't reach out my hand to touch them. But if I went into the headspace, then I can feel them better? If that helps at all.

Oh, I thought you couldn't feel them very well in your mind, but if you meant physically...then that's very common. As I said before, that'd be imposition, which tends to be hard to achieve and a lot of people don't even bother with that. Feeling them better when you go the mindscape sounds normal, you're immersing yourself in your mind after all.