Hello from Soulbonding

Also

Hello tulpaforcers!

My name is Also. I am a soulbonder and have been for quite some time. I run a really large site on soulbonding, Soulbonding.net. I am here because I think the tulpaforcer community shares some commonalities with the soulbonding community.

What is a soulbond? A soulbond is simply a soul or entity that is not you that you communicate with mentally. For most people, these entities take the form of fictional characters, oftentimes self-created characters. It sounds a lot like a tulpa, doesn't it? When the term soulbond was developed no one knew anything about tulpas. At least, it wasn't as commonly known as it is now. So we didn't call them tulpas. We called them soulbonds.

There are some differences between soulbonds and tulpas, at least in some cases. For one, you all spend a lot of time working on your tulpas, right? I can't speak for everyone, but it seems to me that most soulbonders don't do this. They just talk as if the soulbond one day showed up in their mind unbidden after being exposed to the character in some medium, or writing about it.

It seems to me that it is possible that soulbonds are actually tulpas and some people just create or tap into them accidentally. I have a whole page about it here. It's possible, for example, that when I created the character of Michael, I inadvertently created a tulpa, and that's why I have Michael as a soulbond. It's also possible that other authors and creators, when they make their characters, create a tulpa that some people are tapping into when they soulbond.

Of course, there are other theories out there about soulbonding, one being that everything exists in some universe and soulbonders are somehow channeling other realities. I don't know about that. The tulpa thing sounds more plausible to me these days, but who really knows?

Another big difference between soulbonders and you guys is fronting. Most soulbonds front, which means they take control of the soulbonder's body for periods of time. As I understand it, this doesn't happen with tulpas? I didn't see any references to it. Does it happen? I'm curious.

One thing about this tulpa business that really reminds me of soulbonding is this idea of a wonderland. Most soulbonders have something called a soulscape that seems to have the same function. But I don't really have one. But others do.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am too fucking high to even...

woah man, just woah.

On topic: Yeah the human mind is a fucked up place, soulbonds are probobly some derivative or deviation of tulpas as they sound very similar. Also there have been several unconfirmed reports of tulpas being able to control the hosts body. Very interesting though. Thanks for sharing.

Edit #2: Your dialect and glossary of terms makes it sound like its some magic shit, not hating, just letting you know. I only bring this up because this community can be very scientifically oriented, so you might get some (un)warrented criticism. So don't be surprised if that happens.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

We should have our communities interact, for three reasons.

1) to learn more about both of our things

2) to see if soulbonds can be turned into tulpas, or vice-versa

3) for us to learn more about what you call "fronting" (we generally call it posession) and see if we can do it with tulpas.

[Note: Opinions]

If anything, the word 'soulbounds' sounds awesome.

No, really, this is interesting. It seems to follow more of a supernatural/theoretical physical theory rather than a psychological theory, especially the part about the multiverse, which I have some problems with, but overall it's a nice read.

To answer your question about fronting, nobody has testing it yet. We don't know if it is possible or not. Personally, I'm more curious about whether or not you can make a reality marble 'tulpa' that alters your sense of time so that you can think for 'hours' when it has only been a minute (of course there are limits to how much the brain can do this; you aren't going to get a year out of a second). In fact, if I didn't have a waifu that I wanted to create as a tulpa then I would be doing this by now.

Didn't cyclone let his tulpa front?

OP, are you familiar with the daemonism and multiple communities?

Didn't cyclone let his tulpa front?

OP, are you familiar with the daemonism and multiple communities?

I'd like to set forth a motion, to all future posters in this thread: for the sake of convince and ease of communication, lets keep the catchy buzz words to a minimum. I fear a 200+ reply thread between two communities where no one knows what the hell is going on, or what anyone is talking about.

Some individuals can not into jargon.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

Yeah, please don't even mention the "channeling other realities" thing. This is a place of science.

I believe this has been mentioned before, people who accidentally make a tulpa when making a character, or vice verse, accidentally make a tulpa and turn it into a character, or even make the tulpa on purpose.

The term soulbond sounds pretty neat honestly but I'd be afraid to use it.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

If anything, the word 'soulbounds' sounds awesome.

No, really, this is interesting. It seems to follow more of a supernatural/theoretical physical theory rather than a psychological theory, especially the part about the multiverse, which I have some problems with, but overall it's a nice read.

To answer your question about fronting, nobody has testing it yet. We don't know if it is possible or not. Personally, I'm more curious about whether or not you can make a reality marble 'tulpa' that alters your sense of time so that you can think for 'hours' when it has only been a minute (of course there are limits to how much the brain can do this; you aren't going to get a year out of a second). In fact, if I didn't have a waifu that I wanted to create as a tulpa then I would be doing this by now.

There has been some testing, but with only very limited and/or unreliable results.

Yeah, please don't even mention the "channeling other realities" thing. This is a place of science.

I believe this has been mentioned before, people who accidentally make a tulpa when making a character, or vice verse, accidentally make a tulpa and turn it into a character, or even make the tulpa on purpose.

The term soulbond sounds pretty neat honestly but I'd be afraid to use it.

Do you also agree that the term Tulpamancer implies magic? Cause it seems that way with soulbonds? Granted these people are authors and the like, so they would be more inclined to the magical theories than us science-folk.

[Note: Opinions]

Edit #2: Your dialect and glossary of terms makes it sound like its some magic shit, not hating, just letting you know. I only bring this up because this community can be very scientifically oriented, so you might get some (un)warrented criticism. So don't be surprised if that happens.

Some people see it as magic, some people don't. I kinda do, but I'm not 100% on that. But magic, to me, is psychological.

And yes I have heard of daemons and multiples. I have an article up on multiplicity and am working on one on daemons.