Family Opposition to Tulpa

PulseWing

So, basically, I recently discovered this site and how tulpas really work, so I tried talking to my mom about Tulpa a few days ago. Now, bear in mind: my mom teaches pilates and yoga for a living. But despite that, she is dead set against the idea of me making a Tulpa.

It's obvious that she hasn't seriously researched the concept enough, because the sum of her argument is "You don't know anything about the brain, but I do, and I know that you can cause serious damage to yourself, and invite very bad ideas into your head." She claims that she knows more about it than I do, even though it's clear that she has not, and likely will never honestly read a site like this that gives actual information on Tulpa. "You haven't done any real research, and even if you do, I still don't want you to do it." Her words.

It frustrates me to no end that she wont give me a chance to explain how Tulpa-making really is just because she has some preconceived notion that it is somehow dangerous and hurtful, despite she herself being experienced in a pursuit that some would view as pseudo-spiritual. I'd like to ask; is there any way to get her to really listen to me?

Because if she wont, then I'll have to make a decide whether or not I want a Tulpa enough to make one and hide it from my family.

Just don't tell her.

What reason could you possibly have to tell her, other than your tulpa wanting to talk to her?

I mean really, who tells anyone about their tulpas but the internet?

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest CaptFlushing

All I'm going to say is that you should consider yourself lucky that this issue is coming up before you started working on it, and not partway through like with me.

Keeping this a secret should be your last resort. I tried it myself, and now it's really fucking me over.

Generally, when it comes to things like this, when someone has made a stand about it, they will not be easily swayed. Most likely, there's no point in even mentioning it.

Now usually, I'd say to respect your elders, and do what they tell you, but in this case I wouldn't recommend it.

Seeing as there are really no consequences of having a tulpa, there is no real reason why you should not. They can help your life exponentially, making one would likely do you a huge favor.

So yeah, I'd say make one, and don't tell her.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Considering that a making a tulpa is a mental process, you can talk to them inside of your head and only you can see them, I don't see how she or anyone else you know would ever find out if you're creating one or not, unless you told them.

And why would you tell her anyway? I'm sure parents the world over would be positively thrilled by their child telling them they are creating a separate consciousness within their mind and plan to force said consciousness into your own reality by way of hallucinatory schism, or whichever way you want to put it.

That's like saying, "hey mom, so I was thinking about taking acid..."

Because that's basically how they're going to take it.

Regardless, whether or not you go through with it is really up to you, and if you decide to go ahead with it, don't tell your mom this time.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

I have to agree with everyone else. Given the nature of Tulpa, there's really no reason anyone else but you needs to know. Given the benefits of doing it, I can't see much reason not to. And given how unfounded your mother's claims are, there's at least reason to be skeptical of what she's saying. Besides, while mother usually know best, and I'm sure she's only looking out for you, this is a decision you have to make, alone. This tulpa will end you being YOUR partner and friend for life, not theirs.

An abstract, all-encompassing love is still a love, nonetheless.

I will say that there is indeed a risk of failure involved here, though if you follow the guides you should be able to make a tulpa without causing any irreparable damage to your psyche.

As for your mom not approving of it, don't tell her. Nobody has to know about your tulpa if you don't want them to.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest ThunderClap

It's obvious that she hasn't seriously researched the concept enough, because the sum of her argument is "You don't know anything about the brain, but I do, and I know that you can cause serious damage to yourself, and invite very bad ideas into your head." She claims that she knows more about it than I do, even though it's clear that she has not, and likely will never honestly read a site like this that gives actual information on Tulpa. "You haven't done any real research, and even if you do, I still don't want you to do it." Her words.

Good God.

Good God.

In the mind of a parent, experience == knowledge.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Hello Pulsewing, welcome to our forums.

It is true, that our community has gathered a certain amount of knowledge, but we can't say for sure what is happening here.

I would be lying if I told you that the creation was absolutely safe, mainly because we have very few people with a Tulpa older than 1 year and currently are in the process of finding out.

Your mother is afraid for your mental health, and you should be grateful for that - even if she doesn't know what's happening here.

Apart from that, why do you want your mother to approve of the creation of a Tulpa?

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto