Potential easy path to visual imposition

neo

I have been experimenting a lot this week and I think that I may have found a way to get very close to complete visual imposition without having to go through the process of trial and error that I've had to endure. The reason I didn't write a guide for this is that I don't know if this will work for everyone as well as it does for me, so I decided to make a thread to see if other people that haven't been working on visual imposition can get to where I am now just by doing this.

If you manage to get results from this exercise please tell us so that other people can enjoy visual imposition as well.

So I'm going to write the exercise that I'm doing and if you're interested you can do it too and tell us the results. This process for me results in semi persistent non-translucid visual imposition.

The exercise starts by raising one hand in front of your face and looking at it straight ahead, then you slowly go moving your hand to the right side WITHOUT MOVING YOUR EYES, follow your hand with just your attention and keep looking straight ahead. Keep following your hand with only your attention until you find the edge of your peripheral vision, opening and closing your hand may be helpful to find it too.

You should find a point where your hand can no longer be seen and then move it back to the very end of your peripheral vision where it can barely be seen and open and close it to focus on that point.

Now, can you see the other objects by your side? You still know what they are without having to look directly at them. This is partially visualization and partially vision, try to tell what are the objects around to get used to that feeling, the way you're perceiving your hand indirectly. Remember that feeling, that's what we're going to use for the following part.

You should have some reference pictures of what your tulpa looks like, put a reference picture on the computer screen and look at it the same way you were seeing your hand a moment ago. Try to see it through your peripheral vision but closer to the center of your vision, focusing on the the reference using only your attention without looking directly at it. You should try different distances to see at what distance the picture seem to "move". There is a point there that your brain will start to bring you mental pictures of what you're trying to see and try to complete the image for you, you don't have to try to do it, it just happens, if it's not happening, move your vision further away until you find right distance. When you can get the reference to apparently shift around and move, stick with that and hold it in your attention as long as you can.

Doing this for a long time can make you feel dizzy, that means it's working.

After you get used to the feeling of looking indirectly to the picture, ask your tulpa to show up on your peripheral vision where your hands were before and try to recognize it and get the same shifting effect from the reference. It may be helpful to put something not easily definable by your side (like a pile of clothes or a bunch of colorful objects), make sure your tulpa's colors are present there otherwise you may get something completely different, that's normal, your unconscious brain will try to decipher the blurry mess you're indirectly focusing on while you tell it that your tulpa is there. Warning, this part can be very spooky as sometimes you may see something moving other than your tulpa, remember that's all you doing it. (In my case I had to change some objects around because I kept seeing frieza from dragon Ball by the end of the bed)

If you manage to get a peripheral vision of your tulpa you can go slowly moving towards the center of your vision.

From this point on you have to unfocus your eyes and make the image kinda blurry if you want to look directly at your tulpa. If you relax your eyes and blurry your vision while keeping the same "peripheral visualization feeling" you should be able to look directly at a blurry moving non-translucid imposition of your tulpa.

There is also a way to make it last longer and be more defined but I feel like it's overkill to explain it right now.

Anyway I'll be happy to see the results if anyone is interested in testing this method.

I have just spent a few minutes on this exercise and at this point agree that it is spooky. And I find that interesting and will practice with it for a while and report back. Thanks,

BTW, what is; "non-translucid imposition"? This is a term I have not heard before, Thanks. Dr. Bob

54 minutes ago, theholodoc said:

I have just spent a few minutes on this exercise and at this point agree that it is spooky. And I find that interesting and will practice with it for a while and report back. Thanks,

BTW, what is; "non-translucid imposition"? This is a term I have not heard before, Thanks. Dr. Bob

Hello there thanks for the reply, non-translucid means you can't see through it. I've seen a bunch of imposition guides say that you start at lower levels seeing through your tulpa and at the higher levels of imposition you no longer can see through it. With this exercise I've skipped that pretty much entirely.

(edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 3:49 PM, solarchariot said:

I will give this a go and report back.

Please do, if I find out this helps other people too I'm going to write a more detailed guide.

Edited by neo

It's the same thing I was sometimes doing in a dark room. But not really in peripheral vision more like near the center or slightly off center. I wasn't sure if it would be helpful though. That different from normal "feeling" of perception is always a key in many other methods, couldn't agree more.

What is your progress with this method?

I would also like to hear your tips you mentioned in the end ; )

I have been working this technique for a while now, and have had some interesting results, the main one: Flora has emerged from my right hand side out of the nothingness beyond the limit of my field. She was  full sized, appropriate for the distance she was from. She approached me from the side, she touched the side of my face. She said that she loved me and wanted to work with me on her imposition. She was  older than she has ever presented as before. Perhaps mid to late fifties. She had streaks of gray in her hair, she was dressed, coifed, made up, bejeweled and graceful. She was well spoken,  articulate, and sophisticated. Her clothing and accessories were all first class. This happened while i was conducting my daily invocation ritual on our labyrinth in a bamboo grove. When I left the grove, my attention waivered and she vanished.

I have also practiced this with my eyes closed looking again straight forward while allowing my peripheral vision to register. I have had one very real and complete vision of a man streaking across our back yard (didn't happen 'out there') I did not recognize him and am mystified as to what called him into my reality.

That's it so far, I will continue.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, siwenter said:

It's the same thing I was sometimes doing in a dark room. But not really in peripheral vision more like near the center or slightly off center. I wasn't sure if it would be helpful though. That different from normal "feeling" of perception is always a key in many other methods, couldn't agree more.

What is your progress with this method?

I would also like to hear your tips you mentioned in the end ; )

Hey, so my progress has been pretty much consistent with the results from this exercise at this time, it slowly gets better but I'm always searching for new ways to progress other than just doing it over and over. I think the path now is to find new visualization tricks to hold up a better imposition, I've learned to try to imagine like I'm touching the back of my head can make immersion very easy in wonderland, the tips for imposition I've mentioned before was to learn to kinda 'vibrate' your eyes, like an open eye REM state, because the mechanism that we are tricking to 'see' these peripheral stuff only works either (a)peripherals or (b)when your eyes are moving from one place to another.

So if you kinda vibrate your eyes while keeping in mind the same feeling you can see the tulpa for much longer.

20 minutes ago, theholodoc said:

I have been working this technique for a while now, and have had some interesting results, the main one: Flora has emerged from my right hand side out of the nothingness beyond the limit of my field. She was  full sized, appropriate for the distance she was from. She approached me from the side, she touched the side of my face. She said that she loved me and wanted to work with me on her imposition. She was  older than she has ever presented as before. Perhaps mid to late fifties. She had streaks of gray in her hair, she was dressed, coifed, made up, bejeweled and graceful. She was well spoken,  articulate, and sophisticated. Her clothing and accessories were all first class. This happened while i was conducting my daily invocation ritual on our labyrinth in a bamboo grove. When I left the grove, my attention waivered and she vanished.

I have also practiced this with my eyes closed looking again straight forward while allowing my peripheral vision to register. I have had one very real and complete vision of a man streaking across our back yard (didn't happen 'out there') I did not recognize him and am mystified as to what called him into my reality.

That's it so far, I will continue.

I know what you're talking about, I'm glad you could get results similar to mine. Do you also get the effect of your regular vision becoming "faster"? or at least to me after I do this peripheral stuff it starts to seems like life has like 300 fps, and it stays like that four a couple minutes.

The deviations that you saw were from distortions, your tulpa has to use whatever is laying around in your peripherals to get an image of somewhat what you want, you ultimately have a saying, like if you think "oh kinda looks like a cat", it's going to be a cat then. Keep us updated if you find any new tricks you're welcome to share them too.

• 1 month later...

I have had a powerful imposition/halucination the other night, and whether or not it is related to the exercise you have put forth and I am practicing, I don't know(it is posted as Alien invader in Metaphysics if you wish to read it). I do believe that that this exercise has produced some of the most interesting experiences I have on a regular basis. I will post new findings. Thanks, Dr. Bob

On 7/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, theholodoc said:

I have had a powerful imposition/halucination the other night, and whether or not it is related to the exercise you have put forth and I am practicing, I don't know(it is posted as Alien invader in Metaphysics if you wish to read it). I do believe that that this exercise has produced some of the most interesting experiences I have on a regular basis. I will post new findings. Thanks, Dr. Bob

I'm glad my idea helped you get to that base level that I was at when I wrote this, that was the main point of this exercise. To get past the whole trial and error of the first weeks. Since then I've progressed A LOT and I am finally reaching the end of my visualization training, but I still use this exercise as a warm up for the mind's eye. If you want I could give you the one other exercise I've been doing to really see some crazy shit, it would be helpful to learn to deal with intrusive stuff first because if you go in fearful it can make the intrusive images annoyingly persistent.