Potential easy path to visual imposition

neo

Oh wow that help tons my imposition feels tons more real I feel like I'm not a shadow anymore I'm still a little transparent but I feel so so much more real then before. 

I just tried it while reading OP and Ashley volunteered to go stand in my perififeral vision. For about half a second her face and chest at least were there. They were at the right height and yes it freeked me out a little.

This reminded me that I really don't like non-invisible imposition. It scares me every time. I actually really appreciate my visualization in mind's eye and it's feels more comfortable and way more grounded. If Ashley was actually walking around in here, I think I would probably lose my sanity. That's just personal preference I think.

It's an awesome trick though, thanks for that experience.

15 hours ago, hollyleggy said:

Oh wow that help tons my imposition feels tons more real I feel like I'm not a shadow anymore I'm still a little transparent but I feel so so much more real then before. 

Cool isn't it? Our brains are capable of so much more than we give them credit for. It seems that this exercise has been working to other people better than I expected. The main problem that turns people away from learning visual imposition seems to be that it requires a lot of trial and error. And as much as "practice a lot" is the main thing required, there seems to be little practical information as to how to, now I'm wondering if I should write a more complete guide so that people don't feel discouraged when they don't get any results after their first or second attempts. Let me know if you find out anything new as it may be useful to other people as well.

4 hours ago, Bear said:

I just tried it while reading OP and Ashley volunteered to go stand in my perififeral vision. For about half a second her face and chest at least were there. They were at the right height and yes it freeked me out a little.

This reminded me that I really don't like non-invisible imposition. It scares me every time. I actually really appreciate my visualization in mind's eye and it's feels more comfortable and way more grounded. If Ashley was actually walking around in here, I think I would probably lose my sanity. That's just personal preference I think.

It's an awesome trick though, thanks for that experience.

I think I may have unintentionally spooked some of you. LMAO

Sorry about that part, but the spookiness factor seems to fade away after some time.
I have read some of your visualization scripts and they have helped me start with visualization, thanks. It helped me realize that I was trying to learn imposition without any visualization skills whatsoever. Do you have any kind of veteran tricks to help me get a little further? I have noticed that I cannot get in wonderland effectively anymore because I just unintentionally impose the scenario on the back of my eyelids instead of visualizing it and it's very distracting and not as immersive as my imposition it's not perfect yet. I would like to make my visualization stable instead of just in and out flashes.

Visualization Tricks:

Practice as much as possible. The goal would to have parallel processing both mindspace and real space simultaneously 24/7. Improvement will come on a month to month basis.

Get into a meditative state, as deep as possible. Then it really goes off the wall.

Memories of the experience are going to start to feel like real memories. Once that happens, you can rapidly experience-remember-experience-remember until they're happening like that fast enough that it's not a bother. That reinforces the experience. It should feel as fulfilling as if it really happened.

At some point All-at-once and multi-camera switching replaces 1st person FOV. It's more efficient. 

Other than that, there are no shortcuts. It's slow steady progress. At some point you can see like sunlight on surfaces, shadows, reflections, etc. I usually don't bother with any of that. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Bear said:

Visualization Tricks:

Practice as much as possible. The goal would to have parallel processing both mindspace and real space simultaneously 24/7. Improvement will come on a month to month basis.

Get into a meditative state, as deep as possible. Then it really goes off the wall.

Memories of the experience are going to start to feel like real memories. Once that happens, you can rapidly experience-remember-experience-remember until they're happening like that fast enough that it's not a bother. That reinforces the experience. It should feel as fulfilling as if it really happened.

At some point All-at-once and multi-camera switching replaces 1st person FOV. It's more efficient. 

Other than that, there are no shortcuts. It's slow steady progress. At some point you can see like sunlight on surfaces, shadows, reflections, etc. I usually don't bother with any of that. 

The memory thing does happen whenever I try to remember what I was doing there, it does feel indistinguishable from an actual memory. As far as being 24/7 everything seems to indicate that this is the next step for me, I learned that hyperphantasiac people can't even stop visualizing. I was thinking that I could start doing that by attaching a visualization of the "shape" of the words that I'm thinking. Like, just doing regular internal monologue but getting used to visualizing the words I'm thinking as they're written so that it becomes an habit sooner without deviating a lot from the way I normally think. Do you think that's enough?

Edited by neo

14 hours ago, neo said:

hyperphantasiac people can't even stop visualizing

I can relate. I said this two years ago once I had it on for a while.

14 hours ago, neo said:

Do you think that's enough?

I think you should do what you're motivated to do and nothing more. It does take system resources and if you made it a chore then it won't be what it's meant to be, fun. If you make it fun, relaxing, a place to be just whenever, brightness, positivity, serenity, peace, beauty, then it will hopefully bleed over and this is what you'll have everywhere.

A word on how or why:

I can honestly say this is what happened to me, but that wasn't necessarily the only contributor, though it could have been especially when you consider all the shadow work I've done--which is a heavily visual practice.

Even in shadow work, the themes and memories can be painful, the objective is to find positive outcomes for those negative events. A quick overly simplified example is, you had depression, but you're stronger emotionally because of it now. So when you think back to those dark times, they are a source of strength, not a source of bad mood.