Tulpas with the same memories, beliefs and values as the host?

(edited)

I started trying to create a tulpa recently and yesterday night I got what might've been my first result. I had in my mind an image (taken from a dream) of someone sweating and trembling, with red eyes and a furious look on his face as if he was about to charge. I didn't think much about it and was going to take the image out of my mind when I heard a raspy mindvoice say "dangerous, careful". A raspy voice is what I've been intending for my first tulpa and I'm pretty sure that wasn't a thought of my own.

If that was actually the tulpa then there were deviations in terms of tone and eloquence but that's acceptable. The third deviation, though, risks throwing a wrench on my plans and one of the preconditions I had for having tulpas in the first place. I read about people whose memories weren't shared with those of their tulpas causing them to go through identity crisis when finding out certain things and how others shared everything and the tulpas knew everything they knew.

When I started this project I thought I could have tulpas that would share my memories, beliefs and values, the only significant differences being in personality and outlook on events and on tackling problems. I did read the forums for two or three days before starting and I thought it was possible. I even did some work specifically towards that when tulpaforcing but the phrase I heard implies the tulpa thought the image I had in my head was somehow dangerous to us and about to attack. If it believes so then we obviously don't share every belief and that puts a big question mark on whether we'll share memories and values once it reaches sentience.

I'd like to make a few questions, please consider that I have only done this for a relatively short time and the tulpa is a far way from sentience (the voice I heard possibly being eased by my recently-dreaming state):

1) What would you say are the chances that we can actually share memories, beliefs and values?

2) What could I do now (before sentience) to increase the odds that the tulpa will share those things?

3) If I change nothing and go ahead as I've been doing, how likely is it that my tulpa will end up acting as if visualized images are real and can cause us harm?

Edited by Starfarer
Italics

29 minutes ago, Starfarer said:

1) What would you say are the chances that we can actually share memories, beliefs and values?

2) What could I do now (before sentience) to increase the odds that the tulpa will share those things?

Our system personally believes that a tulpa shares memories by default. They're in the same brain so it doesn't make much sense for them to not be able to access said memories. Unless you hold the mindset that your tulpa can't see your memories for some reason. If you want your tulpa to be able to check your memories, simply expect them to be able to because...why wouldn't them? As for values and beliefs. They might share yours at first since they haven't experience anything for themselves to actually form their own opinions. But that'll probably change as they develop as a person.

1 hour ago, Starfarer said:

3) If I change nothing and go ahead as I've been doing, how likely is it that my tulpa will end up acting as if visualized images are real and can cause us harm?

Not very likely if you both accept them for what they are: visualized images. They can't harm you, if you find your tulpa acting weird in a dream, realize it's just a dream and even you can act in a completely different way from how you do in real life.

I don't who told you that tulpas don't have access to your memories, they absolutely do, automatically, always.  However tulpas should not have an identity crisis over it because it is not them.  It also will not affect how they develop or react to things because even though they can remember your view point they will have their own views for it.

Also it is completely normal for a tulpa to start out with the same values and views as you, even acting alike from you, but over time they will deviate and be more and more of their own person.  Being alike from your host is not inherently a bad thing.  You can share the same interests or same opinions and still be distinctly different people.

(edited)

Tulpas that don't share hosts' memories basically do not happen outside of two scenarios. One, the host fully believing that it is the case (and that it can be to begin with - we don't teach that it ever is the case here at least in the last 5 years, and so it never really is), or two, the host/system actually has something like Dissociative Identity Disorder, and it's not really tulpas at that point, but the lack of shared memories in this case is likely outside of the host's control.

If your tulpa(s) didn't appear to have access to your memories, you should just be able to switch to believing that they can, basically. Since the inversion of that process is how you'd get tulpas who couldn't - by fully believing they couldn't.

The lack of "memory sharing" in a DID/etc. system is probably more "blackouts" from when another system member was in control of the body, than just your tulpa not knowing what you had for lunch because they weren't there.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks for the words everyone, very useful.

16 hours ago, Mirichu said:

If you find your tulpa acting weird in a dream, realize it's just a dream and even you can act in a completely different way from how you do in real life.

The thing is, I was fully awake at this point. I had been dreaming and woke up some 10 minutes before it happened though. Whether the experience was just an after-effect from my recently-dreaming state is something I'm not knowledgeable enough to say.

20 hours ago, Starfarer said:

I believe tulpas and hosts share memories, but beliefs and values are up to the host and tulpa. Since both have access to the other's beliefs, there tends to be a lot of sharing if both agree a certain belief is better than other beliefs. The same thing applies to values.

I don't believe your tulpa is hiding their thoughts, instead there appears to be a significant lack of thinking.

Simply allowing them more chances to think and continue working on vocality. I think you both made some good progress.

Unlikely.

I started trying to create a tulpa recently and yesterday night I got what might've been my first result. I had in my mind an image (taken from a dream) of someone sweating and trembling, with red eyes and a furious look on his face as if he was about to charge. I didn't think much about it and was going to take the image out of my mind when I heard a raspy mindvoice say "dangerous, careful". A raspy voice is what I've been intending for my first tulpa and I'm pretty sure that wasn't a thought of my own.

It could be your tulpa said that as a gut reaction or because they are not vocal enough to things through yet. Younger tulpas tend to vocalize their initial reactions and as they get older later become more comfortable speaking and then have the ability to think more deeply about a topic. It's harder to think when you can't hear yourself think. Once your tulpa can think this through, they can more easily apply logic to their gut reactions.

The other thing I wonder is if they simply have a different perspective and through that perspective, what they said would make more sense to you.

I would ask them about it either way.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread