Anyone experience their tulpa being more active/vivid at night?

Has anyone noticed their tulpa having a stronger presence or autonomy during a certain time of day? And if so, did it indicate a certain stage in development or the host's state of mind?

In my case, my tulpa is like this when it's late at night, like between 10pm and 4am.

(edited)

Well, nothing stronger at some times of the day than others. But it's very common for people to naturally end up spending time with their tulpas at the end of the day, especially before bed. Probably just because it's easier to turn inward around that time, maybe it has to do with the lack of activity going on at night, but either way it's pretty common. Honestly it's considered a bad habit sometimes since a lot of people forget to spend time with their tulpas during the day, and tend to get cut off by falling asleep/being tired at night. But hey, whatever works for you.

Imposition looks a little different in night vs day, but visual clarity still varies more from day to day than day vs night. In that context I actually think it's best to practice imposition both during day and night. But yeah, any times I've heard of times being important to hosts experiencing their tulpas have always been like "My mind is more clear in the morning" or "It's easier to focus on them at the end of the day" kind of things.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't think I operate on a different schedule from my host. I tend to follow internet activity patterns, but I go to bed before too late anyway.

I don't think there's a time of day that's best for us. Gray usually has an easier time perceiving my presence when he's walking somewhere and has the opportunity to zone out. The only exception is sometimes Gray is too burned out at night and he has a harder time seeing me or hearing me.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost 4am where I live right now and I'm on another sleepless night while Orion is having the time of his life reminding me of funny stuff I thought I couldn't remember anymore, that and he's being more visible than ever and I heard him use a distinctly sounding mindvoice he never used before (and I hope he keeps it) so yeah, your discovery works within my system too

Mm, sort of. Interactions in wonderland were definitely easier and more vivid at night due to the lack of daytime distractions, though some of my tulpas were also quite involved in "real world" activities during the day.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)