Quick question: Is passive personality forcing via narration a thing?

(edited)

I have read and reread many guides, been exploring the Q&A even from the posts started back in 2012 and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to the topic of passive personality forcing via narration.

I work A LOT and so I have integrated passive forcing into my everyday. I'm trying to do visualization and personality simultaneously, and visualization is going great, even at work. However, I also started carrying a list of personality traits with me to passively work on, (narrate to my tulpa), until I force with them after work.

Is this a thing or have I been wasting my time?

Edited by Slappyplappy
Punctuation

Oh yeah I think it’s a great idea, that’s literally what I did for years! I did longform personality visualizing too but I still had a lot of situations where I couldn’t actively force for like that, for visualization or whatever, but I had a lot of mental time to dedicate to talking to her, so I did that for a long time. I don’t think it hurts at all (unless it’s like actively interfering with you and exhausting you or whatever, but that’s a given.). I think they really thrive on the attention, and giving them that even in the form of narration is good as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes, perhaps the interaction itself is more important than what it’s even about! To me it makes sense that you could not only teach someone about yourself but teach somebody a lot of things by talking to them for a while. So just by talking to them they’re gonna absorb it like a sponge even if they don’t understand it. So perhaps the specifics aren’t as important as the actual intention behind why you say what you say in the first place, all of that is implied. You teach a lot by what you don’t say, like also by what you do. You communicate a lot more than you realize is what I’m trying to say.

I’m not sure if forcing this way is as effective for development as actively doing it but I don’t think it’s a big deal, considering that everyone is different, and their experiences are different. It’s like talking to someone one-on-one, it’s not like it’s a complete waste of time, especially if there’s a mutual mentoring type of relationship or it’s done for a purpose other than to pass the time. But even then, that just teaches how you pass the time.

You’re probably doing a great job so far! Also, once they become vocal if they aren’t already then you can just ask them directly about which ‘teaching methods’ they like the most or think are the most effective. Happy forcing!

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Awesome! Thank you for the shared experience, it helps! My tulpa isn't vocal yet but I am getting head pressures a lot, particularly while doing this over time. I do active force as well it just has to wait until after work, but I will continue ramping up this approach as well whenever I am able.