Question about tulpas and their ability to know you better then yourself

ghost kid

I wouldn't say they know you better than you do. Honestly no one knows anyone better than they know themselves. The reason that's said is they see you from a separate perspective - you think of yourself how you do, but someone else can think of you totally differently. And some things might be more obvious to them, like "You always do X after Y" where you might not notice yourself.

Tulpas definitely fit the bill for a separate perspective to some extent. They're not physically separate literally watching you, but in exchange they basically get to watch you think instead. So in that sense, a tulpa can definitely realize things about you or how you think that you don't yourself. And it can be very helpful.

Actually, now that I think about it, a tulpa might know you exactly as well as you do... but probably not better? Well, if anyone could know you better than you, I suppose it would be your tulpa.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

a tulpa has access to the same information as you do, but they are subject to different biases, so those different biases might make them be able to realize things about you that you don't know, but those different biases could also blind them to something that you already know about yourself. I would say that it's probably more likely that your tulpa will be less biased about information about you though, since they have some distance from the subject that you don't since to them it is information about someone else and to you it is information about yourself

as far as actual information goes though, tulpas don't have access to any special information that you don't have or any sort of connection to your unconscious that they could gain knowledge from

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

(edited)
3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

as far as actual information goes though, tulpas don't have access to any special information that you don't have or any sort of connection to your unconscious that they could gain knowledge from

I think I agree with the first part (they also have no conscious access to ‘special info,’ like info that is already unconscious to the host), so I think I know what you mean, but I suppose it’s worth considering if they are basically connected to the unconscious in a similar way to the host (ie riding atop it, influenced or somewhat generated by aspects of it, etc) meaning the structures underlying their thought processes are similar and perhaps shared with the host, but building them up often teaches the body to distinguish between them and the host, as like partitions of personality.

I say this because I’ve also experienced phenomena like her waking me up at specific times in the night, and I can’t imagine doing this by my own will. However, perhaps it’s possible but tuppers may just be another way of doing it, considering that I’ve already trained myself to instinctively walk to the kitchen when specific times have passed after setting timers (like 15 mins) so the brain isn’t a *terrible* timekeeper...

Edited by Couguhl
Included anecdote

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

• 3 months later...

In my experience this is definitely true. It's about their separation from your conditioning imo.

In my experience, my tulpa Mikhaila occasionally told me very simple and down-to-earth things, sometimes cutting my excuses and my bs about bad habits. I think tulpas can understand you in a different way, depending on their personality.