Sign in to follow this  
Potato

Potato boi makes a tulpa

Hello all! I am Potato and I’ve been lurking on this site for the past few years every now and then. I’ve decided to make a tulpa after thinking about it for a while and started last night before I went to bed.

I created a basic wonderland of a kaleidoscope realm in my mind, as it was easiest to visualize at the time and I wish to build upon it later anyways. Sort of like a whole realm of the Dr. Strange movie’s special effects. It’s pretty as heck. Then I created a basic form to focus on that my tulpa will be for now: a glowing ball of light in a deep, beautiful red color. I narrated three basic umbrella personality traits to my tulpa, Ava: Compassion, Curiosity, and Openness (extroversion). I narrated these traits to her and explained that they are a rough guide for her personality, but not an end goal. She can decide to be whoever she wants to over time, these traits are just a sketch/guide for her early development. 

Overall, I feel like the 15-20 minute session went well. Directing my thoughts towards someone inside my head was certainly a foreign experience, but I could definitely get used to it. I figure I’ll passively narrate to her in my head throughout the workday today as well. Already this morning when I feel her presence in my head she feels like she’s developing her own personality, which is awesome haha the Curious trait seems to be the most powerful ‘vibe’ I’m getting from her at the moment.

any tips or critique would be helpful, thanks! 

Sounds like you're on the right track so far!

You'll definitely get used to directing my thoughts at someone else. (I took a long hiatus from tulpamancy and still caught myself directing the occasional thought to my tulpas. It truly becomes second nature.)

Do you have an idea for the form Ava will take later on? Or do you plan on letting her decide for herself?

Today at work was rough, but in a great way. I recently got transferred from a manufacturing position to office position so I’m learning the ropes of the office stuff. Didn’t get many chances to do passive narration. I’m burned out mentally from this shift but still want to force in a couple hours once my roommate goes to bed. 

As for a form, at first I was thinking of this: 

563EFA66-B08F-400E-B399-B4D9E07F85F9.thumb.jpeg.5c903fcd3cdc57c86c695467b0742674.jpeg

But I heard choosing a form so early might not be entirely fair, so I just made that red orb of light for now. I can ‘feel’ her choosing her own form....I think. If that makes sense. Basically, at work when I thought of her for a second in between tasks, I thought I saw in my mind a glimpse of a form that felt more like her than the red orb of light OR that character picture. It looked entirely original, which I’m completely fine with - I’m extremely curious and excited to see where this goes!