In short, yes people ignoring progress report questions is a thing

Slappyplappy

I'm sorry, why did you make a thread here? Your post looks like a response to someone else, I feel like I'm missing context here.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/16261-slappys-companion/?do=findComment&comment=304783 (and my response)

mostly just a misunderstanding about how Progress Reports tend to work, he's basically upset as he saw people ignoring his questions in his PR while actively talking in LOTPW, but hopefully I sorted things out

(thread was probably meant for "Forum Questions & Comments" to complain about that)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I personally do not keep up with progress reports. It's something I'm working on, but as of now I rarely respond to them.

It mostly boiled down to I fell behind and became anxious because I'm behind, so I started avoiding PRs all together. I also feel like I spend a lot of time scolding various new tulpamancers to not make too many tulpas, and I found that emotionally draining and guilty that it probably just made new users uncomfortable.

Since I do not respond in PRs, I almost always respond to question and answer threads. However, I'm not going to promise I will respond quickly nor promise I will post there if someone else gave a good answer though.

If you have questions in the future, please PM me and I will get to you as soon as I can. Personally I prefer PMs or DMs and if there's context I need to read in your PR, let me know and I will catch up on it.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 5 months later...

I think I figured out why I fear progress reports- I overwhelm myself way too easily.

I realized I have way too much I can say and end up writing these huge posts- and I didn't read the whole PR in that example! After a couple of posts where I spend a long time making the posts, I'm exhausted.

It's actually worse for old PRs because I want to respond to everything but I'm not sure if what I want to say is even relevant anymore, and that makes me afraid to keep reading.

I think when I was younger, I didn't know as much as I do now and I didn't have a huge post's worth of content I wanted to write out. Eventually, it did, and that started to wear me down to the point my instinct became avoiding PRs all together.

Scolding new users to not make new tulpas is something I feel badly about, but I think it's a smaller problem relative to the other one I have.

I think the PR structure is simply too overwhelming for me. I would rather work with one system and keep up with their PR than everyone's PR instead and give less advice.

I like the idea of being a mentor for one system at a time, but I don't know if the mentorship program is still a thing. I also feel weird submitting a post there because I feel under-qualified in a lot of areas, especially imposition and parallel processing.

Edited by Ranger

I could be doing better too I guess, though I'm new to the formal structure of Tulpamancy. I usually try to at least read them if they don't get flooded out by other posts. I don't actually expect people to wait on me hand and foot in my PR's but it is nice to get a feedback once in a while. PRs to me are more to be a blog than a formal discussion. Everyone has their lives and it may be a bit too much to ask to have a lively debate going in every single PR. I'm not even sure I would want that if we were active enough for that to be feasible. I think we're doing okay about them. Maybe if someone has a pressing question they could reach out to a particular member, or search a discussion thread or even make a new one, if they need assistance. Rather than sitting back in the PR and waiting for the answer to come to them.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Yeah, I agree. I would prefer someone DM me or create a question thread and then say they have more context in their PR, rather than ask questions in their PR. Whatever question they have is going to be less overwhelming for me to answer than me finding stuff to talk about in their PR.

I wonder if there's anyone who feels the opposite about that, I feel like this is something only I struggle with.

Edited by Ranger

To be clear: In Progress Reports you report your progress, while in Questions & Answers you ask questions and get answers. You can also discuss general tulpamancy things in General Discussion.

You can ask questions in your PR, but you're relying on whatever readers your PR gets to answer them, as opposed to the Q&A board where many more people monitor who are ready to answer said questions.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

To be clear: In Progress Reports you report your progress, while in Questions & Answers you ask questions and get answers. You can also discuss general tulpamancy things in General Discussion.

You can ask questions in your PR, but you're relying on whatever readers your PR gets to answer them, as opposed to the Q&A board where many more people monitor who are ready to answer said questions.

This for sure ^^

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]