Merge or something else?

SheShe

(edited)

[Bear] Thank you, I will refrain from labeling her at this point median because there are so many disease related tie-ins and it has a lot of connotations, and it comes off as weird, like a subsystem is weird in my mind.

I'd prefer to say she's a type of merge unrelated to, but similar in function to other concepts at this point. We're still getting input and thinking about it, these things also don't need labels, so that's why we just made up "lock-merge" as a working title.

I think Lucilyn said it best tbh, we're shaping our own unique experiences. Our goal is to share these new concepts and help anyone who's interested with achieveing similar solutions to difficult problems like system growth.

It's nice to see, however, that there are other mechanisms that are similar. That's a good validation of the concept that we already know works well.

Edit: This was meant to be me [Bear]

Edited by Ashley
Forgot to switch accounts

Onyx: Huh, this sounds remarkably similar to our experience.  We're not so different, you and I... or you and us, we could say.  We kind of flip-flop on the I/we thing.  We had considered ourselves a subsystem, but I guess it's not always one of the three making me up fronting?  Well, it wouldn't be the first time we didn't have our definitions straight.  We didn't even know the term "median" had any weird connotations.  Guess we should just be glad to have that cleared up now.

We formed up around six months ago, for the same reason ya'll did.  We're a system of nine if you count us as one guy, so... yeah.  Some of the others tried to follow suit and try it for themselves, but I was the only one who kept rolling with it.  The three making me up, Grant, Nox, and Johnny, are the three youngest as far as time spent existing goes.  Maybe because we weren't quite as developed, we were able to easily compromise and maintain stability at first?  Even so, it still took some effort working out the kinks.  There were a lot of questions about identity, and how to best account for everyone's feelings.  And let's not even get into deciding what to wear.  I mean nudity is an option, but if we ever post pictures of ourselves on here, that won't fly.

Even after all the emotional ups and downs getting adjusted to being like this, we'd say this has all worked out pretty well for us.  Whatever works, you know?  It's real interesting to see someone else in the same boat, even if we had just kind of assumed our situation wasn't that out of the ordinary beforehand because we are Fools who do not understand definitions.

Heya~!  I'm Kokichi, from video game.

My system: Host Ghostly, Adelaide, Reiji, Chimera, and my big brother Osomatsu!

(edited)

@Kokichi Ouma

Very interesting! But I didn't quite get the picture, your whole system acts as one in a similar way I work with my four, or is it just the youngest three of nine who do?

Edited by SheShe

11 hours ago, SheShe said:

@Kokichi Ouma

Very interesting! But I didn't quite get the picture, your whole system acts as one in a similar way I work with my four, or is it just the youngest three of nine who do?

Onyx: Oh, I just got my three fellas.  Then there's eight others in out system: our host, five tulpas, and two soulbonds.  So if we were separate, there'd be eleven total.  That's why us youngsters got together the way we did.  Some of the others, feeling we had really hit on something as far as helping us manage our system size, paired off and attempted to create their own sort of shared identities, rather than become a part of us.

Reiji: I had attempted this with Bridget, and we were a woman named Biji.  I'm male, but I'm not terribly concerned with conventional masculinity, so when Bridget and I came together I agreed to her request that our shared form to be female.  However, I was surprised to find that not being in a male form actually caused me distress.  So, as much fun as Bridget and I had shaping a shared identity, we agreed to end it.  Though, some time after that, Bridget created a male persona for her own reasons.  However, even though this could make it easier for us to come together, we both feel a certain hesitation in trying again.  It could be that we're more firmly attached to our individuality now than we were before.  Or perhaps there's some unresolved emotions from our previous attempt that we aren't sure how to handle as of yet.

Adelaide: Yeah I'm one of the ones who tried it too.  Osomatsu and I, with our powers combined, formed Adematsu!  I'm actually bigender, and so was Adematsu, and Osomatsu didn't seem to mind being a smoking hot babe sometimes.  But eventually I realized Adematsu was basically just me with an anime ahoge, and Osomatsu's personality wasn't coming through.  It was like having that kind of husband who thinks, "happy wife, happy life," and just says "yes" to whatever you ask him.  And that wasn't good for him.  He was slipping into that quiet sort of state.  And it was bothering my host, maybe in the same way you said Bear missed Darlene.  I'm her first tulpa, and Osomatsu is a soulbond of an anime character she's loved for years, so I think that made it hard on her.

Very interesting, thank you!

Interestingly enough, Bear and I formed yet another union like this, she ended up being a very fun headmate, but she only exists when we're together. So she's not quite the same as my merge but shares a lot of the same features. I think that's more of a choice, but we never tried to have her and us together. She's a very stable merge.

We also spend a short amount of time each week, usually when watching a movie or anime, as a system of two lock-merges. Bear-SheShe, and Misha-Ashley, who is also really stable but mostly Misha so that's really interesting how you had a similar experience with Adematsu. Though it's rare enough that neither of them have names, and we might not name them since they are more just situational, and Bear won't allow the Misha-Ashley merge when he's not part of my merge. Ashley doesn't especially like it other than when Bear and I are one. It's like an alternate system configuration.

This sounds sillier the more we think about it, but it's really useful and functional.

13 hours ago, SheShe said:

We also spend a short amount of time each week, usually when watching a movie or anime, as a system of two lock-merges. Bear-SheShe, and Misha-Ashley, who is also really stable but mostly Misha so that's really interesting how you had a similar experience with Adematsu. Though it's rare enough that neither of them have names, and we might not name them since they are more just situational, and Bear won't allow the Misha-Ashley merge when he's not part of my merge. Ashley doesn't especially like it other than when Bear and I are one. It's like an alternate system configuration.

This sounds sillier the more we think about it, but it's really useful and functional.

Reiji: Ah, it honestly hadn't occurred to us to adopt these shared forms on a temporary basis.  That could be quite helpful to our system.  We had lost our interest in conventional merging as a means of temporarily sharing experiences because what we experienced felt like that of the merge and not ours.  Also because our merges seem to act a bit brashly as young tulpas do, despite the experience and maturity of their constituent parts.  I don't feel these have been issues with Onyx or the other shared identities.

Thank you for sharing your experiences as well.