possession and bad circulation

hello everyone, not sure if i posted this in the right place but theres smthing bothering me recently and your help would be awesome. when practising possession iv been told its normal for the hands to be cold and tingly but ours seem to turn blue from (probably) really bad circulation. the hands still feel numb and its been over a day! is that normal? thanks :)

Possession causing a tingling sensation comes from dissociation, which I don't think has much of anything to do with blood flow. Plus, tingling is not a requirement and may happen more with partial rather than full body.

I would call your doctor. I'm concerned you have an underlying medical problem that needs to be addressed.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Make sure you aren't doing anything like putting pressure on your hands (something like sitting on them or leaving them under any other weight) for long periods of time. No sitting on your hands during meditation for example.

Meditation and the like (especially when sitting/lying still for long periods of time) can cause a drop in blood pressure which can lead to numbness and cold, but this should generally be avoided. 

"Turning blue" could mean a lot of things and so could having effects lasting over a day. If it's really bothering you, or if you suspect you might have other medical things going on, then go to a doctor per Ranger's advice. But I'm going to assume a little here and say you mean that you're a light-skinned person and you can see hints of blue in your skin, and that also you mean you have slight numbness or maybe even just weirdness in your hands. This could be an effect of a wide range of things, such as low blood pressure or being out in the cold, anemia, OR- it could be mental/psychogenic because you've have a very new type of experience, with possession. 

Some people are more prone to get bodily effects from tulpa-related things (possession, forcing, switching) than others. The good thing is that it's very easily controllable and manageable and you have power over it. If you get cold hands, for instance, think to yourself, "Warm hands now." Your brain will understand this- if it can make your hands cold, it can make them not cold anymore. 

Best of luck to you. -Gavin

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

(edited)

what the heck, from what I saw before on the activity stream I thought your problem was whatever but I just actually read the thread and saw you say it's been a DAY!

first of all you've definitely got some poor circulation problem, and it could be exacerbated by certain activities (or lack thereof), but if anything has had lasting effects for that long you probably really need to see a doctor just to figure out what is making you so vulnerable to blood circulation problems (I dunno if that usually comes from like, low blood pressure or something, but it's something you should be aware of and possibly fix)

numbness that doesn't go away from basically any activity within 10 minutes is probably cause for concern, especially if the activity was relatively normal and not, like, letting something heavy sit on your hand/wrist for a while (but even then it should go away within 10 minutes)

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I never had any numbness or tingling related to posession, it doesn't mean it can't happen though.

My pinky was getting numb a few years ago and it turned out it was the way I was holding my mouse.