Sign in to follow this  
JackiLynx

Tulpa trading?

So I was pacing around, thinking like I sometimes do and I was think about tulpas and how you create them. Then I started thinking about how you can get rid of them and then I started wondering; can you give away a tulpa? Now that's not my only question so I've detailed them all below in a numbered list format.

1. Can you give away a tulpa?

a. If so, can you give away a tulpa without their consent?

2. Can you sell a tulpa?

a. If so, what are the ethics of selling tulpas?

b. Could you and how would you create a tulpa to sell?

c. If there has been a tulpa that was sold or made to sell, how did they feel about it?

3. Can you trade tulpas?

4. Can a tulpa leave you for someone else?

5. If tulpa transfer of any kind is possible, how does it work?

1. Can you give away a tulpa?

a. If so, can you give away a tulpa without their consent?

You can trade/give away characters, but unless they're well known by both parties, they won't be the same exactly. If they were then to develop, they will likely change. Even if you both had the same character, then you'd probably end up with significantly different tulpas.

If you traded a tulpa, you would basically abandon yours while someone else made a new one, so no, that's not really useful.

2. Can you sell a tulpa?

a. If so, what are the ethics of selling tulpas?

b. Could you and how would you create a tulpa to sell?

c. If there has been a tulpa that was sold or made to sell, how did they feel about it?

As described above, they're not separable from you, which is a good thing. The rest of your questions are therefore irrelevant. Anyone who has claimed to do this isn't doing tulpamancy per say. We don't do that here.

3. Can you trade tulpas?

See 1 above.

4. Can a tulpa leave you for someone else?

See 1 and 2 above.

5. If tulpa transfer of any kind is possible, how does it work?

I haven't even heard of a metaphysical way to do this. We joke about this sort of thing, but it's not something anyone has seriously done here.

Edited by Bear

No to all of these, as they exist within your mind and your mind alone. At best, you can provide the framework for anyone who wants to make a similar tulpa but deviation is both possible and likely. People perceive traits differently and have different preferences so if you end up doing something similar for whatever reason, don't expect a 1:1 copy.