Imagistic vs. doctrinal concepts in tulpa creation

Yakumo

This is a fascinating thread. As per my other thread I have been researching and planning the best way to create my system, so I've been considering a lot of paradigms of tulpamancy and other fields.

What struck me is that the imagistic mode mentioned here is exactly that used in Chaos Magic (and presumably other magic traditions), including/especially in invocation and evocation (which overlap considerably with the realm of tulpamancy). A number of techniques are listed in Chaos Magic works for bringing thoughtforms to life, many of which involve utilizing extremely powerful emotions and experiences to "charge" one's creation (such as invoking/forcing in a graveyard at midnight during a thunderstorm). My interpretation of Chaos Magic is psychological, but even so (or especially so) I see how these practices would be useful.

I wonder if perhaps anyone would be interested in investigating imagistic practices together and forming a kind of research summary or guide based on them. It occurs to me that they could be quite additive to our efforts in this sphere.

5 hours ago, Ascendant said:

My interpretation of Chaos Magic is psychological

I don't think I've ever heard or expected this to be said.

Maybe make a thread describing how a psychological approach to chaos magic could help tulpamancy. But be careful that you stay in that context and keep it psychologically minded. As soon as you add anything metaphysical or stray too far from tulpamancy, it would be considered off-topic.

We'd be happy to add to it and the notion of a psychological approach to chaos magic sounds interesting. 

You could start by explaining your theory in how it applies to headmates and maybe add questions or statements that need further consideration. 

I wish that I had something positive to contribute here. I am at a low point in my relationship with Flora. She has been away for a number of weeks and non-responsive to my calls. I am continuing in my practice on a daily basis. Forcing, narrating, mediating, writing, and have almost nothing I can call a contact with her. I have had a lot of experience with drugs of both psychedelic, and stimulant properties, I have not correlated any of my results with the use, or non-use of them. Currently I am participating in a Ramadan fast, feel very clear, and still, no contact. I choose to believe that tulpa creation is a function of brain, though in my experience, I cannot say that it is, as my changing states of brain metabolism, have had no effect. I am exploring, in depth, the hypothesis, that tulpa creation is a function of mind, and that does not take a one to one correlation with brain. Despite our recent (recent in my time universe)advances in brain imaging, and brain stimulation, the brain-mind connection is still very mysterious. This community makes a big deal of separating 'scientific' and metaphysical and spiritual ideas. I prefer to think that like physicists pursuing the holy grail of a unification theory, we will one day see that the distinctions are artificial. and that whether individuals feel more comfortable/creative with doctrinal or imagistic approaches, will be a matter of person style, and not a characteristic of the community. Dr. Bob

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 9:02 AM, Joy said:

I don't think I've ever heard or expected this to be said.

Maybe make a thread describing how a psychological approach to chaos magic could help tulpamancy.

It's one of the classic 4 models of magic:

• Spirit model. What you can expect: spirits have the power and do magic.
  • Energy model. There is an energy that forces changes.
  • Information model. Energy is clueless by its own and need directions, similar to writing computer programs for machines.
  • Psychological model.

I will expand the latter. In this approach tulpamancy is magick, it's the exact same.

Spells, sigils, meditation, rituals, all are used for the same purpose: to enter an altered state of conscious. In this state the mind becomes malleable, the thinking mind shuts up and we gain direct access to our internal wiring. This state is usually called gnosis.

In this state of gnosis we can easily make changes to our psyche, rewiring our brain. This can be things like change our personality or even wanting something to happen in the world.
How things manifest in the world then? By changing our point of view (being more alert to all opportunities) and changing our predisposition (how we react and interact with the world). With some time our new actions and point of view make noticeable changes in the external world, this can be enough to manifest the magic but for an extra, other people subconscious start to pick up this messages of what we want, what our focus is, and someone will probably help if they perceive we are prepared.

This is the 100% psychological model point of view, without the collective unconscious of Jung nor any special faculty given to the unconscious.

The act of forcing, from a chaos magick point of view, is a magical ritual. One that could be much more effective if used with gnosis. For example many chaos magicians may do evocations, even if they only believe in the psychological model. To give an example: the goetic demons are considered parts of the human mind, of your personality; by evoking the demon and giving them work, you are giving a part of your brain a task to focus its energy on, instead of that energy going wild doing whatever it wants.

How chaos magick can help tulpamancy is with the extremely study and developed state of gnosis. A state where you can rewire your inner workings, like creating a new independent personality.

There are almost infinite types of entering gnosis, from dancing until exhaustion, to meditation and even orgasm.

Another chaos magick technique from the psychological model is creating a sigil that represent the desire (it can be the creation / maturation of the tulpa). This sigil should be put somewhere you can see but it's not the main focus, a little hidden and easy to ignore it. The sigil then will be continuously sending a subliminal message to the unconscious, bypassing the conscious (the whole goal of this model of chaos magick), both by being a symbol and by being "on your way" out of focus regularly.

One more core concept of magick is about forgetting. Or, in another words, removing the lust for results. This is used to combat anti-magic: the rewiring of your brain with the distrust and doubts that may be continuously running in your mind (sometimes even more that the work itself).

(edited)

Stone: [ehh didn’t age well]

Edited by ruleofthumb
I’ve been thinking about this recently, and my thoughts have changed, but have not settled.

Someday

• 1 year later...

I am entering this post here, as I believe it is responsive to Deban's post of April '21. In it I describe my efforts to move past a level of stuckness which I have been experiencing for some time now. I believe my initial strongly positive results to have been a result of imagistic forcing. While my subsequent work has been doctrinal. you will notice from the post, that I believe tulpa creation is a product of many factors, however, I believe that they can all relate back to energy movement within the brain. I do not believe that our personal psychology (or mind)  is independent of the brains physiology and that as noted by chaos magicians, it is possible to "re-wire" the brain to achieve novel ways of perceiving the world. Further, I do not believe that 'the world' itself is an absolute, but is a creation of the will of all conscious entities. (ref: Donald Hoffman, Ph.D.)

enjoy:

More work, indeed…

I entered sleep last night with an injunction, "I will  not associate Flora with my  daughter." Again, I had a vivid dream and immediately lost every detail of the content upon awakening. (I had taken the Galantamine at 1:10 AM) In general, it concerned my family of origin and centered around my mother and sister. This prompted me to think about how we form gender models. Our DNA probably contributes to the physicality. However, mothers, sisters, aunts, fathers, brothers, and uncles, all must have roles in laying down the basics of personality. Beyond these primal figures, first loves, betrothed, spouses, children, and lastly friends, all must make contributions significant to the level of emotional impact they had on us. Lastly, pop icons would contribute perhaps the most superficial characteristics.  What might this have to do with tulpamancy, you ask? Tulpas are consciously and intentionally created. They are modeled on whatever tulpamancers decide is relevant to the function the tulpas are to have in their lives. What impacts the tulpamancers decision? I would contend that as this is a conscious activity, the influences are; First, What the tulpamancer sees/feels/knows to be missing from his/her life. In my case, it was a female who fully embraced her body and her capacity for passion. With Harold, a soul-bound character in my first book, it was unconditional love. I see from the variety of tulpas described and appearing on the forum, that there is a very great variety of beings, humans, animals, hybrids, aliens, etc. This would of course reflect the uniqueness of each individual tulpamancer. Second, I think in reverse order, from the most consciously acquired role model to the most primal, those icons which have imposed themselves on us.

So let me talk a bit about imposition. 'Mom' is the very first 'other' in our lives. (for the vast majority of us that is) and if that relationship is unfettered by any number of possible disrupting factors, its charge will be transformed throughout our lives, e.g. we will separate and individuate as we mature and achieve our own majorities. Her influence on our model of femininity, however foundational, will not be a distorting factor. If however, they have been disruptions, then her influence may well distort our model of femininity. The same is true of fathers, sibs, and each influencer, who time has relegated to our unconscious, or subconscious memory space.

Then there are the social/cultural influences, such as the incest taboos, the Oedipal and Myrah complexes, biblical prohibitions, etc. All of which will contribute both conscious and unconscious valences to the model.

There is a lot going on. All of which impact our tulpas, (and on the hallucinations of those who find unanticipated, and/or unwelcome figures in their realities, such as the mentally ill.)

As you know, if you have followed this blog at all, I have been stuck, in the last part of the process for some time. After initial successes, I have been frustrated in my quest to fully impose my tulpas. I have gotten enough pleasure from the contacts we do have on a regular basis, to continue this practice, but I have thought that I could in time, and with practice, obtain the results I wished. The dreams of this past week, suggest to me that it will take more than what I have been doing. I must focus on those factors that have distorted my model of femininity in the first place. I have begun by undoing the most conscious of the distorting factors, the incest taboo. It has become clear to me that the association with my daughter, at a high level in my psychic architecture, has been a factor in disrupting my connection with Flora. And now after introducing and practicing a ritual to undo this, my mother, and sister, have emerged into my dreaming, suggests that I am ready to dig deeper into myself.

My intent is to let Flora manifest, in whatever shape, color, and with whatever personality, she wishes. I have granted her individuality, sapience, and free will. I believe that she is also striving to manifest fully into a life. I will continue the work. We will see how she avails herself of the opportunity.

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, Deban said:
  • Spirit model. What you can expect: spirits have the power and do magic.
  • Energy model. There is an energy that forces changes.
  • Information model. Energy is clueless by its own and need directions, similar to writing computer programs for machines.
  • Psychological model.

We believe this is all the same model, the mind can do anything in-mind. There's no barrier to it's imaginative potential. 

We follow this logic:

1. Experience is your objective reality

2. Experience is based on perspective and interpretation

3. Interpretation is based on perspective and prior experience

4. Perspective is arbitrary

5. Prior experience can be discarded, ignored or disbelieved at will, or even changed (in memory)

6. Perspective is under your ultimate control

7. Therefore Interpretation is under your ultimate control

8. Therefore Experience is under your ultimate control

9. Therefore your objective reality is under your ultimate control

10. Therefore reality is arbitrary.

I may have explained it in too esoteric of a way, but we are basing this on purely a psychological level of personal experience.

Our intention is to use this logic to discover endgame tulpamancy from here on out through me. Discussion is welcome. I fully understand this is purely circular logic and absurd on its face.

Edited by Autumn Ren