Issue with return key on mobile

Question

I have a Samsung galaxy s8+ and only on this site that I can tell, recently the return key will lower the keyboard.

So every time I hit enter, the keyboard disappears and it might move the screen around because of that. It started doing this yesterday when I switched to duck duck go app, but it does it in any app, Chrome, Bing, etc. 

I have reset my phone, cleared cashe and app data, and even tried a different keyboard app. 

So far it's just on this site, it doesn't do it on other sites or notepad or texting.

It doesn't matter if I'm using desktop site or mobile.

Just wondering if anything changed on your end in the last few days.

Screenshot_20200827-065928_Chrome.jpg

Oh my god, thank god I fixed it. I deleted every dang app on my phone, updated everything, and cleared all the data on chrome and

And

And

It's good now.

[Misha] yay!   

The phone was current since July, there hasn't been any update. I blame the other browser apps I had. 

Bing, I'm looking at you.

Edited by Bear

This is still a problem @Pleeb, talked about here

Tested on our Galaxy S10e in Incognito Chrome, it does in fact close the keyboard/typing menu when I hit the Return key. That's.. really stupid. Definitely get Invision on this.

That said, it's not so awful I would stop using the forum over it, lol. It's a glitch that has no right existing, but when you know it's the case it's possible to work around just fine from what I can tell.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

No, it's really awful enough to stop using the forum on mobile. I tried I really did. If I hit backspace and it happens to delete a line return, it also closes the keyboard. If you're using exclusively mobile like me, it's too awful.

The work around is to tap the screen after every backspace and the cursor ends up in some random location, and that's equally awful. So no it's pretty awful on a scale of awful.

I type on my computer just fine, but that only means I have like one or two opportunities a day to be active on the forum and that's if I feel like it. If you're saying it's similar for other galaxy users, or even Samsung mobile users, that's pretty toxic. What workaround are you talking about @Flandre?

Honestly I only typed one line and hit Return once before closing out, I don't know any of those other problems you're talking about but I assume they'd apply to our phone too. The "workaround" was just... opening the keyboard back up every time you hit enter? Sounds like that's not satisfactory though.

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I just realized I have been misinterpreting this glitch for awhile, I'm sorry for the late reply.

This also happens for me. I use Chrome Incognito mode on a Pixel 3a with Android version 10. I find the glitch to be annoying, and without thinking about it too much I adapted to it.

I can confirm that in mobile mode, the screen does not move for me. However, in PC mode, the screen moves after you got the enter key, which makes the view desktop version almost unusable.

51 minutes ago, Flandre said:

The "workaround" was just... opening the keyboard back up every time you hit enter? Sounds like that's not satisfactory though.

That's what I do automatically, but I wonder if Bear is viewing the forums in desktop mode, which would not help.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

desktop mode is just as bad, no noticeable difference, and no I don't find it a good workaround to just keep tapping the screen because I hit backspace a lot which means it gets me on the second tap and I always hit return twice which means it is guaranteed to hit a button under the keyboard. It wasn't like this a month ago, something in this forum software changed. IT's like it thinks the post boxes are forms, like a password form box or a some other form. I bet it's an attribute in the text box that got flipped.

There's a pending update for Invision Community, I'm just waiting for the theme to have the new update too.

Does it happen in a different theme?  Like, if you're in dark mode, does it happen with the lighter one?  You can switch at the bottom of the forum:

image.png.0d48e200e1aa5259ded640a173d2645f.png

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

When typing in light theme for mobile, the return key didn't make the keyboard go away.

This continues to remain the case in the "view desktop version".

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 hours ago, Pleeb said:

There's a pending update for Invision Community, I'm just waiting for the theme to have the new update too.

Does it happen in a different theme?  Like, if you're in dark mode, does it happen with the lighter one?  You can switch at the bottom of the forum:

image.png.0d48e200e1aa5259ded640a173d2645f.png

Same thing with default mode. Desktop and otherwise. If I'm on my phone, it happens with backspace and return. in fact, it stops me from doing things too, like I can't delete quotes because I hit backspace and the keyboard lowers and I have to tap the screen again, it just won't.

I have a Galaxy S8+ I don't have any other mobile devices to test on.

I think it works now after the forum update.

I'm using dark theme and pressing enter isn't causing problems in mobile mode.

Same for desktop mode.

And light theme still works.

Edited by Ranger