Issue with return key on mobile

Question

I have a Samsung galaxy s8+ and only on this site that I can tell, recently the return key will lower the keyboard.

So every time I hit enter, the keyboard disappears and it might move the screen around because of that. It started doing this yesterday when I switched to duck duck go app, but it does it in any app, Chrome, Bing, etc. 

I have reset my phone, cleared cashe and app data, and even tried a different keyboard app. 

So far it's just on this site, it doesn't do it on other sites or notepad or texting.

It doesn't matter if I'm using desktop site or mobile.

Just wondering if anything changed on your end in the last few days.

Screenshot_20200827-065928_Chrome.jpg

It still does not work on my phone at all. Nothing changed. Obviously whatever phone Ranger has isn't the same because mine hasn't worked yet after it broke about two weeks ago, not in light or dark or desktop mode. It will lower the keyboard if I hit return or backspace from one line to another. What makes it especially annoying is the buttons under the keyboard, especially "next topic". Because then I lose my post and my thread.

Alright, I got on my phone to test this too... backspace works fine, and

So does the return button, weird. What about when I make the box scroll from the post being long enough, does that do anything? Uhhhhhh no, doesn't look like it.

Tapped out of the box onto Bear's post, it closed the keyboard as it should, tapped back on my post and it's still here.

Sorry Bear, I guess it's only on your end. 

I'm guessing it's either your browser app or your keyboard... app? thing? I know there are alternate "input methods"/keyboard styles or whatever, I wonder if one of those might fix it?

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Nope, it was all working here before two weeks ago. I tried a new keyboard app, the default one, different browser apps, and resetting my phone to factory and that was a huge pain. I can do all that again, but frankly it's very painful.

No reason to do it again, it's presumably not what the issue is. Since we experienced it too, but now we don't, it's a forum issue that they only partially resolved.

Maybe find a way to clear your cache though, if phones can even do that. Not that it'll fix anything, but I mean.. yeah, clear tulpa.info cache and cookies, just to see

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

That's really weird. I don't know if this will help, but is the version of Android on your phone outdated?

On 9/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bear said:

in fact, it stops me from doing things too, like I can't delete quotes because I hit backspace and the keyboard lowers and I have to tap the screen again, it just won't.

This still happens for us, don't repeatedly hit backspace on a quote. You're better off salvaging your text, refreshing, and opening the editor for it to ask you "Do you want to clear the editor?" to get rid of unwanted quotes.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

@BearBeaBeauIf this still doesn't work for you, please let us know

Nevermind, congratulations!

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread