Tulpa Movie Night

Jamie

Tulpa Movie Night is coming soon! Expect the first movie night to be this weekend. The exact date and time will be decided after I get responses from this survey and figure out what time will be the best compromise for everything. 

Survey below, no google account needed. All questions optional. 

https://forms.gle/Gyz2Vx1FuxdybgQLA

-Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Tulpa Movie Night Sept 12th Vote: Stargate VS Hardcore Henry (PLUS more information!)

The vote is here: https://forms.gle/3jP4i7mARCox52JL9

STARGATE is a classic concept Sci-Fi film whose success created an entire franchise. In modern-day Egypt, professor Daniel Jackson teams up with retired Army Col. Jack O'Neil to unlock the code of an interstellar gateway to an ancient Egypt-like world. They arrive on a planet ruled by the despotic Ra, who holds the key to the Earth travelers' safe return. It has a runtime of two hours.

HARDCORE HENRY is an R-rated adventure film shot entirely from a 1st person view. Henry, a cyborg, goes on a bloody rampage against bad guys with special powers in a quest to save his wife. It has a runtime of one and a half hours.

Stargate Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUg6wlKuwfU

Hardcore Henry Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

HOW TO JOIN:

Tulpa Movie Night will be hosted at https://cytu.be/r/tulpamovienight . CyTube is a website that allows videos to be played in perfect sync. Basically it's like watching a livestream of a youtube video. Everyone will be watching the movie at the same time. No sign-up or payment is required and there will be no ads!

Right now, if you follow the link, you will not be able to chat or view the videos. Starting at 7:30PM CT Sept 12th (this Saturday), the channel will be unlocked so that anyone can view it. You do not need to register an account to view the movie or chat!

In order to send chat messages, simply put a name into where it says "Guest login: Name." If it says "This name is already registered", try adding an underscore, dash, or numbers to you name. Then you should be able to type in the chat!

Some small shorts will be played whenever people start showing up before the movie. The movie will be started a few minutes after 8PM CT. Click here to have that translated to your time zone.

The chat is subject to all Tulpa.info rules. NSFW names, spamming, excessive profanity, racial slurs etc. will result in being banned from the chat.

Please respond to the vote and ask here if you have any further questions! We look forward to having you.

Our Thread

My thinking was, if it's on youtube without age restriction, I'm good, but you've got a point. Plus I'm a minor myself. Hardcore Henry, despite the premise, is a pretty low budget film and the r-rated-ness is probably more for having f-bombs rather than the actual violence, imo, but I understand. We won't ever have Silence of the Lambs, which is also free on Youtube Movies right now. 

Our Thread

• Pleeb pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Tulpa Movie Night Sept 26th: Europa Report

No vote this time, sorry! 

EUROPA REPORT (2013) is a found-footage style sci-fi/suspense movie. When unmanned probes suggest that a hidden ocean could exist underneath Europa's icy surface and may contain single-celled life, Europa Ventures, a privately funded space exploration company, sends six of the best astronauts from around the world to confirm the data and explore the revolutionary discovery. After a near-catastrophic technical failure leads to loss of communication with Earth and the tragic death of a crew member, the surviving astronauts must overcome the psychological and physical toll of deep space travel, and survive a discovery on Europa more profound than they had ever imagined. Runtime of an hour and a half. 

HOW TO JOIN:

Tulpa Movie Night will be hosted at https://cytu.be/r/tulpamovienight . CyTube is a website that allows videos to be played in perfect sync. Basically it's like watching a livestream of a youtube video. Everyone will be watching the movie at the same time. No sign-up or payment is required and there will be no ads!

Right now, if you follow the link, you will not be able to chat or view the videos. Starting at 7:30PM CT Sept 26th (this Saturday), the channel will be unlocked so that anyone can view it. You do not need to register an account to view the movie or chat!

In order to send chat messages, simply put a name into where it says "Guest login: Name." If it says "This name is already registered", try adding an underscore, dash, or numbers to you name. Then you should be able to type in the chat!

Some small shorts will be played whenever people start showing up before the movie. The movie will be started a few minutes after 8PM CT. Click here to have that translated to your time zone.

The chat is subject to all Tulpa.info rules. NSFW names, spamming, excessive profanity, racial slurs etc. will result in being banned from the chat.

We had a turnout of over a dozen last time and had a great time. 

Edited by JGC
Put the wrong date!

Our Thread

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please pardon the necromancy, but is there much chance of movie night becoming a thing again?

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend

I heard James is taking a break, he may not run movie night for some time.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread