Usernames can be changed!

Pleeb

Normally you would have to post a topic in Talk To Staff if you needed a username change.  Well, we've introduced the ability to change your own display name as of 5 minutes ago.

You can change your name up to two times every 30 days.  If you changed it two times and need it done a third for some reason (and can't wait 30 days), then just create a topic in Talk To Staff and we'll look into it.

To change your username, just go into your Account Settings and click Display Name (or Change next to Display Name):

image.png.3b47ab0879f29ea6920eb0da3ae9ac79.png

image.thumb.png.ace3d28c189e2c06b5344cbe9ec3026d.png

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

oh no, you've enabled a new era of Vos's

hopefully people understand that changing your name makes it harder for everyone to remember who you are and they don't just do it for fun like on Steam

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

If you check out a user's profile, you can view their name change history. I'm on my phone I can't get a screenshot right now because of incognito mode

I also realized it may only apply to people who had their name changed on the new forum software.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

4 hours ago, Lucilyn said:

oh no, you've enabled a new era of Vos's

hopefully people understand that changing your name makes it harder for everyone to remember who you are and they don't just do it for fun like on Steam

I’m hoping it doesn’t get abused since you can only do it a couple times a month, we can always change that to every three months or something. I like to think of a user name is relatively static, but we definitely get requests quite a bit to have it changed.

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

If you check out a user's profile, you can view their name change history. I'm on my phone I can't get a screenshot right now because of incognito mode

I also realized it may only apply to people who had their name changed on the new forum software.

I think only mods can see name change history right now (as some want username changes for privacy history— if we really need everyone to see name changes i may be able to find a workaround)

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I don't think you should show name history, people often don't like their old names when they change them (and if they want it to be known, they usually put it in their signature or text above their avatar)

Two changes every 3+ months sounds good because that gives them one redo but also says "But don't spam it"

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas