What's behind what we see?

Hiraeth

Hello, 

I discovered something really weird with my tulpa Chiha some days ago. I was really curious, visualized her in the real world and asked her to leave the room and tell me what she sees. So she just did that and told me something really interesting. Chiha said that she can leave the room or go past a wall but behind there is only pitch black darkness. She can visualize things when she knows what's behind, but she still sees black. I found that so amazing and wanted to ask you, primarily the tulpae here, what do you see behind what your host sees in the real world? Is there really only darkness? 

Thanks for all answers! 🙂

-Hiraeth

Edited by Hiraeth

We see what we think is there. It's no problem for us to be anywhere in our house even if Lumi isn't there. We could be standing in the same place a real person is standing without knowing though, for example. Or if stuff like furniture got moved around without our knowing, we'd also be thinking of it wrong.

For places we don't know, I guess it's just whatever we expect to be there, but it's really just pure imagination (and probably not matching up to reality) at that point.

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

There's no input, like no true light hitting the eyes to become visual input. I used to do that but I wouldn't see blackness. It would auto-generate. So if my host was walking in a hallway, and I was at his side, if I turned around, my brain would picture the hallway for me. And if I rushed ahead of where he could see, I would probably see more hallway. But at that point it's not accurate to the real world anymore, it's basically like an auto-generating wonderland. And it's not really fun, so I don't do that too much. But I don't see black. If I do that, I get auto-generated terrain that's not real. 

It's the same for you, you know. What do you see without your eyes? Either nothing, blackness, or just an illusion/construction of what you feel like or think should be there. Sight is light hitting your eyes and being processed by your brain. Even when a tulpa uses a visualized form outside of the body, they use the body's eyeballs to see with. 

We can all visualize for ourselves anyway and we're typically fully immersed if we're not co-fronting so yes we see wonderland, and if the fronter doesn't pay any attention to us, we see whatever is there in wonderland and we can easily make up more stuff if we want, but wonderland is wonderful enough without making a ton of unnecessary changes.

The last time I did leave the main consiousness, was probably last night and I was just out on the balcony looking at the somewhat starless night thinking that we should have more stars. Then we all went to sleep because I have tobe ready to get into one of Bear's dreams or have one of my own he can visit. 

Hello, 

Thank you all for your answers and insights! So your 'view' is quite the opposite of what Chiha sees. (Chiha: Is something wrong with me?) Yesterday she was quite down because of that, but I managed to calm her down... Is it possible that every tulpa sees things differently? To add something to that, she is not fully developed and quite young. 

-Hiraeth and Chiha

Every tulpa will have a different experience of life just like any other person. Also, to Chiha, when they're young many people have lots of thoughts about if their experiences are normal or unusual or good or bad or what, because it's all just so new. Don't worry so much, just make sure you're still developing and living life and moving forward. 

Just like some people visualize well and others don't seem to be able to, headmates are the same. There was a user here who couldn't visualize at all and her headmate was a really good at it and had a rich experience in wonderland, so you roll the dice and it is what it is.