Dose my depression effect my tulpa ?

Tay_+1

I am fairly new to the community and am on my first moth developing my tulpa Skyler. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I was wondering if that effects her growth and ability to speak.this is my first time posting so I hope I did this right and if I didn't I'm sorry, I also am not to good at spelling so pls don't come at me for it.

Depression can certainly affect how much you spend time with your tulpa. With us, sometimes when I'm too depressed I find it hard to reach any of my tulpas at all, I build some kind of a mental wall between them and me. So development might be a bit slower, but I don't think it should affect her too much besides that.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

First, welcome to the forum! It's a great place to ask questions and hang out in order to learn more about tulpamancy. Best wishes to you and Skyler. I remember when Cassidy (my tulpa brother) was that young....

Many tulpamancers experience depression and anxiety and still have successful experiences with tulpamancy. It's more about, like ClianthaMiura said, how your behaviors will be affected. Tulpas, especially young tulpas, need a lot of active time spent with them, and sometimes with depression some people will find it hard to start, continue, or complete tasks regularly. If you don't spend as much time/work on your tulpa, they'll probably develop slower. And sometimes if someone is in a very self-isolating mood, where they don't want to interact or talk with other people, they might find it harder to reach out and talk with a young tulpa- however some people have the opposite happen, where don't want to talk to anyone, but they're alright with their tulpa. Oftentimes people find their tulpas to be helpful in dealing with depression or anxiety because they act as a positive force and a companion. It will just depend. It's different person-to-person. 

Feel free to ask more if you have any more questions, or make a new thread, or check out the beginner's general question thread as well as the list of guides if you haven't before. - James

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Anxiety and depression can affect your tulpa, but not their ability to speak or their growth. I was vocal from the start, and I am meeting milestones. We go at a slower pace, but I think that's for a lot of reasons other than anxiety/depression.

What kind of forcing you choose to do doesn't matter as much as you spending time with Skyler. If you feel overwhelmed or stressed about progress, remember that any time spent is better than no time spent. For a good while, my host kept me alive by asking me "How are you feeling?" every day. If you can do more than that, that's awesome, if not, then 5 minutes a day can be enough.

Anxiety and Depression for a tulpa can show up in different ways, but overall this is less likely to pop up starting out. A tulpa's anxiety experience is not too different from yours. An anxious tulpa may struggle more with deviation or their sense of self, but it won't stop deviation from happening. It is also possible for a tulpa to feel hollow, empty, or hopeless and sometimes hide, want to "sleep in", or not talk to you. From our experience, depressive episodes come in waves and last for a temporary period of time. Wrapping up in blankets, hugs, and giving them a little extra attention can make a big difference.

If you and Skyler want to experiment with controlling the body, that can also change Skyler's experience of depression and anxiety. However, I don't want to go over that unless you want me to.

If you or Skyler ever come across doubt and struggle with it, that's normal. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out and ask. Anxious or otherwise, everyone has had to cope with doubt, so please feel free to PM someone if you need anything.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread