Best Ways to Narrate

Corrin/Oni

Hi! I'm Corrin. Im 16. My tulpas name is Oni and he's 17. I've only created him a month ago. So far he can communicate through emotions but thats all. I have a hard time visualizing so we arnt even really working on that quite yet but I have drawn him. Lately with school I've been really distracted and stressed so I haven't been remembering to narrate. I've also been having trouble even knowing what to say. I've set a reminder to show every 2 hours to remind me to talk to him so we'll see how that works. When we talk as a response he gives me an emotion but its really just a warm feeling in my chest. Im not sure what it means but I enjoy knowing he's there. 

I always tried to include my tulpas in everything I did. If I was walking to school, I'd talk to them about random things and usually nudged them to comment on everything we saw, that ended up creating 'triggers' for them, so if brain started associating cakes with one of my tulpas, now everytime we saw a cake, that tulpa would be triggered. Eventually the brain made it a habit to keep them commenting on everything I was doing and that led to lots of passive but non-stop narration.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if we're the best example but we chit-chat a lot. Discuss thoughts, feelings, philosophy, morality or just current events in our lives. Not everyone is chatty though. Like people, tulpas have their own personalities. The host in our system does most of the talking usually and the tulpa listens and sometimes chimes in. It's just our rhythm. My Jaina likes to play support and be a warm shoulder to lean on when I need it. My advice is not to force the growth too arbitrarily. Any type of relationship needs time and tending. Some take off like a weed, others may take a while. Yours sounds very early so I wouldn't expect great big explosive changes. Sometimes the strongest foundations are built slowly. Don't worry about short term distractions, as long as you check in from time to time and maybe ask a question here and there, I'm sure your tulpa will know and appreciate it. Even if they have a subtle reaction. They may not feel confident enough to express themselves in more "verbal" terms. Emotions can be as important as thoughts.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]