On 12/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, ruleofthumb said:

've been having more fun with wonderland recently. Originally, I didn't want to have a wonderland. But I really like it now. Sometimes I have intrusive thoughts though, and I can't stop something from happening in wonderland. Yesterday, rifts kept forming where I was about to walk and I kept falling. It didn't hurt, but it was really annoying, as I wanted to focus on other things.

That's really fun : ) I have been doing that too, and have had similar thoughts about it, ours just has some weird things that make it "Safe" for us. When I'm in a stressful situation/feel anxious, I like to imagine I'm there. One time I caused Sadie to knock over our Christmas tree, in my defense it was way over decorated. It's normally pretty calming, we have ghosts who play us music (feel how you want about that) and only sometimes the cats attack the chickens. 
Maybe you should try making another wonderland, one that is your perfect safe-place. Then you can practice and be comfortable enough the intrusive thoughts might lessen? 
I don't know, sorry. 
Have fun

Host of @SadieShores 

R8/Adelia any/he

Sadie (I use varying shades of pink) she.her

Luna! She/her/bug/bugs 

Clover They/It/She

"*various inappropriate music* ɨ ʍɛǟռ աɦǟȶ ƈǟռ ɨ ֆǟʏ,
քʀɛȶȶʏ ɮǟɮɨɛֆ ɨռ ȶɦɛ ɮǟƈӄֆɛǟȶ ֆɨռɢɨռ' ȶօ ʏօʊ,`
"  

check this out: Progress report 

• 1 month later...

February and New Beginnings

Stone: We spent a lot of time together over Christmas. A lot. We each other presents. It was the most we've ever felt like a family. It was, great. One present in particular stood out. It was Cloud's present to Betty. It was a playlist with the length and feel of a mixtape.

Betty: It was transcendental. I started off listening to the tape with her, and it was warm. Then I began exploring wonderland while listening. It was a euphoric, sensory overload. I must have lied there for ten minutes in silence coming down from whatever I was feeling.

Stone: I felt the overload as well. I decided to neglect the forcing sessions I had planned afterwards for a while, telling myself, "that was a lot, and I deserve rest." Then, with moving, and getting obsessed with a new game, I almost completely fell off the wagon. I would only talk to Cloud sometimes, and Betty, barely at all. Yesterday, Cloud told me to force today, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to say this here, so hopefully, I will be more likely to follow through.

In late December, I really felt like I loved my headmates, and yet, that's when I started to ignore them more. The cruel irony.

Also, Cloud has been helping me with audio imposition. Sometimes, it feels like a really hear here. I wish I had gotten further in the past month, but I'm happy about that.

I will make another update once I have enough to say :)

64px-BT521.png64px-BT180.png64px-BT620.png64px-BT354.png

Stone uses green

Betty uses orange

MC uses red

Cloud uses cyan/pink

Progress Report

Your Christmas sounded great! I love the idea of exchanging playlists, Simmie and I will have to try that sometime! And I totally relate to the feeling of wanting to be a bit lazy when you feel things are going well. It's a hard temptation to fight. It's good that Cloud told you to force; Simmie is still a bit too shy to say that to me.

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

On 2/2/2021 at 12:37 AM, September13 said:

Your Christmas sounded great! I love the idea of exchanging playlists, Simmie and I will have to try that sometime! And I totally relate to the feeling of wanting to be a bit lazy when you feel things are going well. It's a hard temptation to fight. It's good that Cloud told you to force; Simmie is still a bit too shy to say that to me.

Stone: It was a great Christmas! I just wish I didn't get so lazy afterwards. I've become super avoidant of everyone lately, not just my tulpae, and I'm not sure why. I'm wondering if it might be seasonal depression. But, we keep on keeping on. We went for a walk today and got lunch. It felt like normal.

We were at an intersection, and Betty said, "It smells like ocean." I said, "It smells like gasoline." She said, "I don't know what ocean smells like."

As normal. I've heard people say if you don't believe tuplae will regress, they won't. Someone said they didn't talk to their headmate for years, and they were still able to talk to them after all that. I'm inclined to think they would regress at least a little, but, maybe not that much. They still feel there to me. Like the people I met back in, November? Ultimately, that's what matters.

Stone uses green

Betty uses orange

MC uses red

Cloud uses cyan/pink

Progress Report

It's great to hear from you again! I feel you about avoiding people and depression, but going on walks definitely helps, especially when you talk to your tulpas, or at the very least enjoy each others' company. I think regression can happen to any tulpa but it is a temporary thing, and they can get back to where they were before quite quickly given the right circumstances. Sometimes though what appears to be regression is just a tulpa being tired, I've found. Simmie goes through moods where she wants a little more space and I've learned not to keep pestering her with "Are you okay?" and she appreciates it.

Taking walks is sooo, so good. 🙂 They help with depression and are a great time to talk. And I know this might not be possible where you live but if you're near the coast go walk along the beach! 😁 I'm a Jersey girl and I feel at home with the sand under my toes and the sound of the waves rolling in my ears. 🥰 Then Betty will know what the ocean smells like! But if you live far from the ocean you can still find somewhere natural and relaxing to go, maybe a lake or river, or even a mountain or forest! Some of the best conversations Phil and I ever had were tromping through some forest trail. But if that's not your thing I get it too. 🤷‍♀️

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

Simmie goes through moods where she wants a little more space and I've learned not to keep pestering her with "Are you okay?" and she appreciates it.

Stone: That's valid. I feel like that sometimes.

Then Betty will know what the ocean smells like! But if you live far from the ocean you can still find somewhere natural and relaxing to go, maybe a lake or river, or even a mountain or forest! Some of the best conversations Phil and I ever had were tromping through some forest trail. But if that's not your thing I get it too. 🤷‍♀️

We live by a lake. That would be nice to walk by. Betty agrees.

Nice to hear from you both again too!

Stone uses green

Betty uses orange

MC uses red

Cloud uses cyan/pink

Progress Report

Failure? Guilt? Death? Loss? and Moving Forward

Stone: First big update in a while! This is hardly a report and more of a letter to myself and my headmates. I’m just going to jump right into it.

Failure?

When I set out on my PR journey, I wanted to force regularly, until I felt my headmates with me regularly. Until I didn’t have to think about it.

In this aspect, I have failed.

Were my expectations of myself too high? Did I set too high a standard for success? Does this mean I have to continue failing, if I were to continue with this standard?

I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know.

Will I change the goalpost? Yes.

I still want to force regularly. I know that it would be best for my tulpae’s development. But, I don’t want it to be a failure if I don’t. I think that’s bad for my motivation, because if I am a failure then I’m more likely to become frustrated or reason, “Well, I’ve already failed.”

This is the same way I approach meditation, when I do meditate. If I had been allowed to beat myself for letting my mind wander during mindfulness sessions, I never would’ve learned how calming meditation could be for me. How calming it is to empty your mind, and when you catch yourself, say, “Good job. Empty your mind again.”

I also want to set more realistic goals. Five minutes of dedicated forcing is better than no forcing because the prospect of forcing for twenty minutes makes me procrastinate until I’m too tired to concentrate.

I’m ok with having pathetically low times if it means I can continue.

Guilt?

My tulpae have said I don’t need to feel guilty, but I do anyway.

After our Christmas celebrations and Betty’s transcendent experience, I “fell off the wagon,” I suppose. Got into a new game that sapped my time, and then, for some reason, I stopped playing video games and engaging in other interests altogether. My friends would want to play games, and I couldn’t bring myself to. There were days I didn’t eat because I’d rather have hunger pains than encounter my housemates. Not because I hate them, but because I felt like avoiding everything.

For a while, the only thing I cared about was a story I was writing. Not for publishing. Just for me. It was, and is, a way of coping.

I would think about how much time I was spending with my characters, about how close I felt to them, and feel guilty, like I was choosing these new people over my tulpae.

But a relationship with a character is usually much different from a relationship with a headmate (I say usually because sometimes characters become headmates). They aren’t real people. I’m an introvert, and my tulpae sap my energy much like anyone else would, albeit to a lesser extent.

So, it was not like choosing an individual over another individual, rather, it was like choosing no social interaction over interaction.

What I’m saying is, I have all these excuses, and most of me thinks they’re valid, and my tulpae aren’t mad at me, but I still feel guilty.

I also broke some promises to my headmates. They forgave me, but I don’t like that I did that.

Betty tells me that being present is good but that being in the background doesn’t hurt. That being alive is a treat and that not being thought of or interacted with is like sleep: Not bad. Fine. She is ok with my slow pace. I am grateful for that.

Cloud is even more ok with being in the background, which I’ll get to in

Death?

Cloud had a rough time fronting/possessing (I forgot which). This was the thread:

This lead to a discussion with her about her finding a hobby or passion or project or job or something for her to focus on, which lead to her saying that she was ok with not being focused on, and even dissipating.

She was a walk-in that was pretty adamant about staying initially. I worry about her, and I also love her and don’t want her to go. Neither does Betty.

I think I have the “route” in my head. “Route Tulpa.” Voice then autonomy then possessing then fronting then imposition then what next? Cloud is fine not fronting though. Probably better off. She’s fine with me not putting her into my forcing schedule. She always lets me focus on Betty.

If she wants to be asleep most of the time, if she doesn’t want to continue on Route Tulpa, that’s fine. She doesn’t actively want to dissipate, so she will be staying here in the background. Thankfully, because both Betty and I love her.

This would mean I’d be focusing on one tulpa again. Certainly more traditional and easy to manage, except,

Loss?

Recall the story I mentioned earlier. If I’m being honest, it felt like the one thing I was living for (another thing I feel guilty about, since Betty and Cloud have been with me the whole time).

I almost lost the story.

I worked calmly to try and fix the issue, thinking, “If this doesn’t work, if I can’t save this, I will kill myself.”

And I saved it. I still have my story.

But the scare awakened something inside of me. I loved my MC, and I almost lost him, and

I think I have a new tulpa.

He doesn’t act quite like my MC and he might not even have the same name but he’s here, and god, I want him here.

So that’s new.

Moving Forward

I believe I’ve said as such in my first post on this PR: that documenting every little thing is stressful for me. And, it’s hard not to document every little thing if you’re documenting. So, I can’t promise frequent updates or interaction, but I am still a part of the community. Maybe in the background, like Cloud.

I’ve ordered an wrist band. I want it to serve as a visual reminder to think of my tulpae. I’m bad at doing so naturally. I’m not the most considerate person.

I’ve done this before, but now I’m thinking I need something that’ll attach to me, or else I’ll forget.

Despite everything, I still have passion. Not beginner’s passion. It’s love. I am fortunate that I grew attached to my mates so quickly. If I didn’t, I would’ve never made it this far.

It’s a slow journey with no destination.

P.S.: Maybe my new tulpa’s name could be MC, and it could stand for something :thonk:

Any Other Thoughts?

Betty: I’m ok with this post. I think Stone has things he has to work on. I’m ok with him focusing on those things. I think I’ll always be here, and I welcome the new headmate, of course :) Growing family

Cloud: I suppose it’s my job to keep walk-ins out, or do I even have that job anymore? Will I just be in limbo? Stone says I can do whatever. I feel like I should keep the new tulpa out but I also feel how much Stone wants this. It’s as if I’m deviating towards Fluttershy, rather than away from her, being a doormat like this. I think it’s ok though. This tulpa is no new face. I give him priority access, I guess.

Edited by ruleofthumb

Stone uses green

Betty uses orange

MC uses red

Cloud uses cyan/pink

Progress Report

On 4/9/2021 at 12:56 AM, ruleofthumb said:

When I set out on my PR journey, I wanted to force regularly, until I felt my headmates with my regularly. Until I didn’t have to think about it.

In this aspect, I have failed.

Were my expectations of myself too high? Did I set too high a standard for success? Does this mean I have to continue failing, if I were to continue with this standard?

I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know.

Will I change the goalpost? Yes.

Wow, this sounds so much like me. I was trying to get to the point where Simmie would just be with me constantly and talk to me without any prompting. To this day, she still doesn't speak unless I specifically think about her. I used to get stressed about that. But like you, I've moved the goalposts. I actually don't think most tulpamancers are at the point where their headmates are just "there" with them at all times whether attention is paid or not. Maybe that's not even something we should necessarily want. There are times where we should want to be alone, even in our own minds. Our headmates probably feel the same way.

I also want to set more realistic goals. Five minutes of dedicated forcing is better than no forcing because the prospect of forcing for twenty minutes makes me procrastinate until I’m too tired to concentrate.

Very wise.

Betty tells me that being present is good but that being in the background doesn’t hurt. That being alive is a treat and that not being thought of or interacted with is like sleep: Not bad. Fine. She is ok with my slow pace. I am grateful for that.

Betty sounds just like Simmie in this way. Very patient, forgiving, and understanding. I think Betty and I would make good friends. 💚

Despite everything, I still have passion. Not beginner’s passion. It’s love. I am fortunate that I grew attached to my mates so quickly. If I didn’t, I would’ve never made it this far.

Yes. 😁 I know it's cliché but love is truly the way. I'm sure your headmates have told you but they're greatful to be alive and to be with you! 🤗

I’m an introvert, and my tulpae sap my energy much like anyone else would, albeit to a lesser extent.

This is where we differ because I'm actually an extrovert. (Probably unusual for tulpamancers, but whatever). I have the opposite problem; it's I who wears Simmie out. I think the key is to strike a balance between giving your headmates attention and giving them/yourself space.

Simmie and I are always happy to see your posts and we're happy to see you're doing well. *Waves hello at Betty, Cloud, and MC*😁

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By neo
      Earlier this week was having a lot of head pressure due to extended periods of visualizing, so as the pressures became annoying and persistent enough, I thought I should address it.
      I've noticed before that my head pressures are related to the way I was flexing my tongue muscles really hard and pressing it against my palate inadvertently.
      I have tried many times visualizing without doing this and, it works momentarily but whenever I stop paying attention to my tongue, there it goes again pressing my palate really hard once I start to concentrate into the visualization. I only notice that I'm doing that after I already start to feel the head pressures. By that time it's too late and it's already bothering me.

So after two days of attempting to visualize with my tongue relaxed without success I thought that I should probably google that.
      So there I go googling the terms "tongue" and "meditation" and I came across this:

https://www.easyayurveda.com/2020/01/31/khechari-mudra/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khecarī_mudrā

Very weird, right? That's what I thought too.
      Basically, they stick the tongue up into the nasal cavity above the palate and use that to aid the process of meditation.
      So of course I went down this rabbit hole and found out that some people seem know how to do this naturally.
      This girl is an example of someone that has this ability naturally:
      https://youtu.be/ijpBUfOTBT0

Also other people report having head pressures identical to what we see in tulpamancy in this practice, here's an example of someone describing their head pressures in the context of Kriya meditation:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/kriyayoga/comments/mgpk73/tension_in_the_head_during_dhyana/

Described as "tension in the head that is somewhere between no pain and the pain you experience during a headache."
      This seems to me like it's the same kind of head pressure we experience in tulpamancy. At least to me.

Also I forgot to mention that, they say THIS GIVES YOU IMMORTALITY.
      Which, of course, is bullshit otherwise there would be 1000 year old yogis walking around.
      Then I thought it would be a good idea to ask around here because, well to be honest, the people that practice this don't know how to explain it without anecdotes and dogmatic stories. Which is fine for spiritual people but I want to find what part is real and what part isn't. Or a deconstruction to find the line where the anecdotes end and the actual benefits of this practice begin. Or if there are any benefits at all.

Here is a small list of claims about this technique: (which I have absolute no idea if it's true or not)

-Helps you overcome hunger and makes it so that you go extended periods of time without food.
      -Gives you access to DMT that is stored in your pineal gland. By licking it directly. (yeah gross, the girl in the video seemed to get very high from doing it, she even says she's high afterwards)
      -The practitioner doesn't suffer from decay, disease and death. (this part I think it's flat out not true)
      -Gives you immunity to snake poison. (This one I think it's sorta possible, because some snake poison triggers your immune response and the response of the body is what kills the person not the poison itself, so technically by controlling your immune response you would therefore not die from the poison)

So my questions are:

1-Does anybody else experience their tongue forcing up the palate unintentionally while visualizing or concentrating really hard?
      2-If so, do you think this is related to Khechari mudra? Or is it just tension and I'm looking way too much into it?
      3-Are those just stories and not meant to be interpreted literally? (If so people are doing a bad job at explaining that)
      4-Is there something to this at all? Is it a practice worth looking into?

Just thought it would be cool to ask here, since if I asked on their forum they would either not tell me because it's a closed practice, or even if they did tell me I wouldn't understand because the vocabulary they use is very far removed from anything I can contextualize.

So what do you guys think? Is it all nonsense or not?
    • By Wray
      Text by Wray is in black
      Text by Shizuku is in blue

(Sorry, this wound up being pretty long! Feel free to skim, or if you want to read the whole thing, strap in!)

Weird coincidence: I’ve written fiction as a hobby for a long time, and I think nearly half my protagonists have someone else to talk to in their heads. Somehow, I always found the idea fascinating.

But I can’t say I ever expected to join them. Not until recently, anyway.

We’ve been looking forward to posting this. It’s my first big chance to introduce myself to other people! Here’s a profile:

Origin StoryTM

October 2020. I was in quarantine, alone, and feeling isolated—Shizuku started as an imaginary friend based on a character I might have been (was) a little bit (totally) obsessed with at the time. I’m really into writing, so I didn’t have much trouble getting her to talk, even early on, though I assume she was mostly parroted at first.

A couple weeks later, I stumbled onto the concept of a tulpa in Japanese, and quickly found my way to this website, which is kind of the launch pad for Japanese tulpamancers. (I found a good English rundown of the Japanese tulpamancy scene here, so I’ll leave most of that aside for now. If there are questions about anything specific, though, we can definitely do our best to answer them.)

Compared to the English-speaking community, the Japanese-speaking one gives a lot more credence to tulpa horror stories. They call it 暴走 (bousou). The idea that if things go wrong, your tulpa might harm you, or the people around you, or try to take over your brain. To be fair, I think there are multiple schools of thought on this bousou concept, and these are only the most extreme examples—still, when I read about this, I couldn’t help panicking.

I went out for a long walk. Tried to think things over. Was there a chance my tulpa would wind up that way? Should I turn back now? Or was she already sentient, meaning it was my responsibility to take care of her? Or was I crazy, in the first place, to even be thinking about any of this?

We imagined that I stayed behind in our apartment, though I must’ve been somewhere in headspace the whole time. Maybe a wonderland version of the apartment? We didn’t know enough to ask that question, then.

I couldn’t make up my mind, until the second I got home, opened the door, and realized how afraid Shizuku must’ve felt while I was out thinking about whether I should try to erase her. My heart sank through the floor. I did my best to apologize, though I didn’t know if it would help.

She replied: “I was sad, but I wasn’t scared. I trust you.”

Okay. If she had been afraid, or angry, I would have felt bad enough. But that packed a punch.

That day, we promised each other that we’d stay together and try to make this “tulpa” thing work, for better or worse. Not to jinx anything, but six months later, “better” is definitely winning out.

Our long-term goals

(1) Become able to split fronting time 50/50 (or whatever arrangement winds up working for us). I expect it’ll be a long time before we can actually do this, but hopefully not too long—if possible, we’d like to get to this point within a year or two. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a 50/50 split, but I don’t want to feel like Shizuku is prevented from doing things she wants to do by us not being good enough at tulpamancy.

(2) Learn to co-front and keep Shizuku active (as close as possible to?) all the time. We spend a lot of time together, but I still get distracted and forget to check in with her more often than we’d like. Eventually, we’re hoping she can stay around all the time (or whenever she wants to, at least) and get my attention whenever she has something to say.

(3) Stay a two-person system, if possible. I know there are a lot of large systems out there who do perfectly fine, but my instincts say that it would be more than we could handle. Besides, I already feel like I love Shizuku too much for it to be fair to whoever Headmate Number 3 would be. 😂

I do have one soulbond-ish character (using the terminology from Bear’s PR) from my own writing. We’ve talked things over with her in WL, and she’s adamant that she is not interested in becoming a tulpa or participating in the system. (This checks out with what I know about her character, too.) If things change, there’s a slim chance that she might join us, but I doubt it. Either way, I can’t imagine us going any further than that.

(4) Help Shizuku find life goals of her own, and figure out how to rearrange my our life so that we can both do what we want to do. At the moment, we’re just doing regular forcing to try and help her grow as a tulpa. The vague plan for this one is to eventually learn how to switch, accomplish goal number (1), and then let her follow her interest and try a bunch of different things.

Current forcing practice

Working on senses in WL: we’ve been doing our best to spend an hour each day focusing on visualizing Shizuku in wonderland, and also practicing one other sense per day. Wonderland sight and touch have started to show some improvement recently, but overall it feels like we still need a lot of work. Conversation: We also do our best to talk as much as we can each day. We’ve been working through the Tulpa Vocalization Practice worksheet when we can’t think of any other topics. Diary writing: Shizuku writes a diary entry most days. This is something I picked up from the Japanese tulpamancy community, though I think I’ve seen it recommended in English guides too. It’s a lot of fun—somehow, reading through the things she’s written (by proxy or possession, at this point, though our possession game is still pretty weak) does a lot to help me fight off doubt. Imagining Shizuku in stories we’re reading/watching: This has been pretty fun so far, too—right now, we’re rewatching Hunter X Hunter. As we watch, we try to keep up a “mental fanfic” where she’s running around with the main characters. Passive forcing as much as possible: Taking inspiration from the method I used to learn Japanese, I’m doing my best to find ways to involve Shizuku in everything I do. We’ve had some success reading, studying, watching things, and playing games together, but in particular, staying aware of Shizuku during work that I really need to focus on and conversations with other people has been a killer—I haven’t had much success in these situations yet.  
      To anyone who slogged through all of that, thanks for reading! This post already goes on for a million years, so I’ll try to write some (hopefully shorter!) summaries of our progress so far in other updates.
    • By Cosmic Cuttlebone
      Well, I've lurked, and I've lurked, and then I've lurked some more.
      I've read pretty much every guide there is. But now it's time to actually get to work
      Problem is... Well, you see, I'm lazy. Like, really really lazy. I also have a habit of hesitating and second guessing myself. I can also get a little distracted. Sometimes.
      So, I'm starting this little journal here.
      I'll try to add a post here periodically, even if it is relatively short. At least in the beginning. Cultivating this small habit will hopefully force a little discipline.
      Typing it all out will hopefully solidify my thoughts. Yell at me if don't keep this up. :Þ

That being said. Lets start:

Why am I doing this? What do I hope to gain?
      Well a companion for one. I don't have that much trouble making friends, but I have trouble keeping and maintaining connections. I've quite often drifted or grown apart from many people in my life. I'm a bit socially awkward, maybe even a bit socially anxious in some respects. I can certainly hide it, but the more people are around, the more I find myself wishing I was somewhere else, doing something else. It's not that I hate people, I don't.  And I don't plan to stop making connections with physical people. I just don't have the physical or mental energy to deal with too many people for too long.

Still, the opportunity for someone to understand me on a truly deep level that no one else can is very enticing. I can only hope that I'll be, and remain, worthy of this connection.

This will also be a bit of an ego journey for me. A chance to better know and understand myself as well as my future headmate. having someone to share this journey with will make it much more enjoyable.

Also add to that the opportunity to learn first hand an experience that seems rather alien at first glance and that I'm already a creative person, this becomes less of a choice and more of an inevitability.

The start
      Right now I have a name and very loose, general idea of who I hope this tulpa will be.
      Staying within the tradition of opposite genderedness in tulpamancy, "Hazel" will start female. This will help me differentiate her thoughts from mine.

A couple main traits I will be cultivating are:
      Compassion- A personal code I like to live by is if someone needs or asks for help and I am able to do so, then I will help. Lessen the suffering of others. Having her share in that will make it simpler to coexist. This will also encourage many positive traits
      Curiosity- a desire to learn and grow will help develop her and push her to be self sustaining
      Outspokenness-  to encourage vocality.
      this is not exhaustive just some major points

What I won't be forcing:
      Love- From what I understand, most tulpas tend to be already naturally very caring towards their hosts. Also love, I feel, needs to develop naturally. Making someone love me just feels weird. plus that is a pressure I wouldn't want on anyone. Still, I'm sure my subconscious may still add this to the list regardless.
      Lust- same

Form:
      I don't have much of a form for her yet. I've had some ideas but none are really sticking. It is humanoid though. Freckles and dark hair are also coming to mind. That could just be my attraction to them.

I will, of course, accept any deviation from her. Encourage it, even.

The Method
      I'm a very secular being by nature. Still, the mind loves symbols and most of the tulpamantic process is extremely symbolic. As such, I'll be taking some inspiration from the occult, particularly chaos magic.
      so:
      I love symbols, glyphs, and sigils. This is a representation of my intent to create a thoughtform. It is a seed or an egg as the round shape suggests. A beginning. Small and empty at first, but as time goes on, I'll be altering it and adding to it. It will slowly grow as she grows. In time, I may pass it to her. I'm creative by nature so this will just be a natural part of my creative process. The dotted outline suggests openness, inviting life to enter. The geometric shapes invoke a crystalline structure to "trap" the energy or qualities being cultivated. (Again, I'm not a proponent of metaphysics, but the symbology here is very useful).

I will use and meditate on this as an aid while I cultivate her development. I'm not too fond of the term 'forcing' at all, so I'll use the term 'cultivate' as it way better describes the process: to raise, to grow, to prepare, do develop, to improve, to acquire. It brings to mind watering and tending to a garden. This will further put me in the right mindset. (I also have mixed thoughts on the terms tulpa and tulpamancy but I have no desire to get into a fight with the entire lexicon).

Wish me luck.
    • By Renesmee
      Hi! Renesmee here. So, today I created Rosalie (placeholder name). I introduced myself during an active-forcing session and then sent an email to an account I set up so I could email her for forcing. I'm feeling encouraged and optimistic. More reports as events warrant!
    • By bulgazof
      DISCLAMER : I am not here to talk about the classic "Is God a Tulpa?" question, but comparisons between religious practices and forcing will be drawn.  With that, I will get on with it!

During my past few forcing sessions I have been using music and candles to both quiet my environment and enter a state of trance.  This music, being compositions by Arvo Part, has very distinct "church vibes" to it leading to a more reverent air while I am narrating.  When forcing casually during the day I am commenting on my mood or the activity I am doing to Chai, but when sitting down for my active forcing session I fear my tone shifts too dramatically.  I begin narrating in an almost poetic manner that no one would use in a conversation with another person.  I am being completely sincere in the words I say.  There is emotional weight to it all and I believe that to be a powerful thing.  But, having reflected on it for a moment, I realize this is not to dissimilar to how my morning prayers went back when I was in private school.  The act of focusing thoughts, emotions, and concerns through a mental narration.

My questions are as follows:  

Is prayer adjacent forcing a viable way to help raise a healthy tulpa?

Should you only narrate to a tulpa using your natural speaking style?

Are the emotions in prayer similar to tulpish?

And lastly, did you have a good day?  If not, please accept my virtual hug!