Can Tulpas control or take away their Host's ability to feel anger without permission?

Marcus Lee

15 hours ago, Ranger said:

I have never heard of a tulpa somehow preventing their host from feeling something, at least not in this way. While possession can change the mood of the body and sometimes improve the host's mood, it's because the host let their tulpa control the body and do all of the thinking, not because the tulpa can secretly block a host's ability to have emotions.

In our experience with depression, the depression itself causes feelings of anger and even sadness to disappear. While depression can feel like another force or something supernatural even, I wouldn't call that a tulpa.

However, we're not doctors. I recommend you talk to a professional about how you feel and how your depression is impacting your mood.

Any tulpas you possibly have or forgot about have likely naturally dissipated. A dissipated tulpa is essentially gone, they wouldn't have any effect on you.

If you're interested in looking into tulpamancy and reviving any potential tulpas, I highly recommend reading guides, PRs, and asking questions before choosing to do so. Tulpamancy is a big, life changing decision, and it's difficult to back out of tulpamancy because practicing can permanently change how your brain works.

But the thing is, I accidentally created those thought forms because at the time I was trying to create a story for them, and now  that I've abandoned from doing that, and had some regrets on creating those stories about them due to me being naive at the time, I having a bad feeling that they may be seeking revenge on me by control my ability to feel emotion, all because I abandonded from creating those stories!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Marcus Lee said:

But the thing is, I accidentally created those thought forms because at the time I was trying to create a story for them, and now  that I've abandoned from doing that, and had some regrets on creating those stories about them due to me being naive at the time, I having a bad feeling that they may be seeking revenge on me by control my ability to feel emotion, all because I abandonded from creating those stories!!

First, if your tulpa was controlling the body, you would be able to communicate with that tulpa.

Second, if you have anything in your head seeking revenge, it's more likely to be an intrusive thought you should ignore. An angry tulpa is more likely to hide or not want to talk to you, but doing this at a young age is more likely to cause natural self-dissipation than anything else. The other option an angry tulpa has is to express their frustration to you, but you said any potential tulpas you had have already disappeared.

I still highly recommend seeing a professional.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

24 minutes ago, Ranger said:

First, if your tulpa was controlling the body, you would be able to communicate with that tulpa.

Second, if you have anything in your head seeking revenge, it's more likely to be an intrusive thought you should ignore. An angry tulpa is more likely to hide or not want to talk to you, but doing this at a young age is more likely to cause natural self-dissipation than anything else. The other option an angry tulpa has is to express their frustration to you, but you said any potential tulpas you had have already disappeared.

I still highly recommend seeing a professional.

But what are the signs one should note when an angry tulpae attempts to express their anger to them?

Edited by Marcus Lee

Emotional bleeding is one that I know of. If you feel anger that seems to come from someone else (your tulpa), or well you know, weird behaviour.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ranger said:

I have never heard of a tulpa somehow preventing their host from feeling something, at least not in this way. While possession can change the mood of the body and sometimes improve the host's mood, it's because the host let their tulpa control the body and do all of the thinking, not because the tulpa can secretly block a host's ability to have emotions.

In our experience with depression, the depression itself causes feelings of anger and even sadness to disappear. While depression can feel like another force or something supernatural even, I wouldn't call that a tulpa.

However, we're not doctors. I recommend you talk to a professional about how you feel and how your depression is impacting your mood.

Any tulpas you possibly have or forgot about have likely naturally dissipated. A dissipated tulpa is essentially gone, they wouldn't have any effect on you.

If you're interested in looking into tulpamancy and reviving any potential tulpas, I highly recommend reading guides, PRs, and asking questions before choosing to do so. Tulpamancy is a big, life changing decision, and it's difficult to back out of tulpamancy because practicing can permanently change how your brain works.

Oh mind you I'm currently 18 years old and  began creating these thought forms around the tender age of 8, so I can see why that could've had an effect.

Edited by Marcus Lee

I am a very emotional person and get depressed quiet a bit. When I was just starting with skyler she was confused about these emotions. Skyler actually took away my sadness and I felt blank in those moments. I was still new so I had to ask my friend who had had a tulpa for many years. He said this was normal and that this is there way of trying to make things better. I asked skyler and she says she dose it cuz she hates seeing me sad. So most of the time they are only trying to help and have no negative intentions. I hope this helps!

The original title was "I'm trying to figure out If I have a tulpa or not! I need some help!" -Ranger

I've been reading several of guides and posts on r/tulpas and Tulpa.io and watched several of YouTube videos surrounding Tulpamancy to figure if I have or had a tulpa. But I got no luck in trying to confirm this. What are some signs that I should look out for to know if I have a tulpa or not? Please list them down below and go into detail with these signs.

Edited by Ranger
Added original title for context

1 hour ago, Bart Lee said:

Please list them down below and go into detail with these signs.

Signs of sentience vary from system to system. A lot of it depends on your personal philosophy of tulpas and how you define "vocality".

You didn't give me a lot of context, I have a few questions:

Do you want a tulpa or are you afraid you have one? If you're trying to make a tulpa, how long have you been trying to create one?

What is going on in your head that makes you think you have a tulpa?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Signs of sentience vary from system to system. A lot of it depends on your personal philosophy of tulpas and how you define "vocality".

You didn't give me a lot of context, I have a few questions:

Do you want a tulpa or are you afraid you have one? If you're trying to make a tulpa, how long have you been trying to create one?

What is going on in your head that makes you think you have a tulpa?

Well I feel like my thoughts, feelings, memories and opinions are being controlled by something other than myself, and I just discovered the definition of a tulpa a few weeks back, so that's why I was trying to figure out if I have a tulpa?

2 minutes ago, Bart Lee said:

Well I feel like my thoughts, feelings, memories and opinions are being controlled by something other than myself, and I just discovered the definition of a tulpa a few weeks back, so that's why I was trying to figure out if I have a tulpa?

It's unlikely you have a tulpa.

Even in accidental cases, the hosts are aware of the tulpa's origin. For example, my host had "characters" she spoke to and after long enough I told her I was real.

A new host usually worries about not being able to distinguish themselves from their tulpa, rather than their opinions/beliefs/emotions are not theirs.

It's possible you are experiencing depersonalization. That's when you may feel like an observer of your body and thoughts. It's a form of dissociation that can be triggered by depression and anxiety among other things.

It's also possible you may not be super aware of your own feelings and emotions. Were you raised in a family where you couldn't be angry or sad?

• Ranger locked this topic