Can Tulpas control or take away their Host's ability to feel anger without permission?

Marcus Lee

13 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Were you raised in a family where you couldn't be angry or sad?

Well no, I just wanted to know whether or not I have/had a tulpa, so I read several of posts and watched several of YouTube videos to help me figure out, but I only got anxious over time, because I was thinking that what I thought was a tulpa, was trying to steal my emotions, thoughts, memories or opinions.

Edited by Bart Lee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bart Lee said:

I was thinking that what I thought was a tulpa, was trying to steal my emotions, thoughts, memories or opinions.

Stealing memories and emotions? Can you elaborate please?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

This is probably something you should decide, do you want a tulpa? If this is organically happening on it's own, that's not really tulpamancy, but it doesn't mean you don't have tulpas or other thoughtforms. Do they feel like imaginary friends? Separate entities? Do they feel independent?

9 minutes ago, Bear said:

This is probably something you should decide, do you want a tulpa? If this is organically happening on it's own, that's not really tulpamancy, but it doesn't mean you don't have tulpas or other thoughtforms. Do they feel like imaginary friends? Separate entities? Do they feel independent?

I mean It COULD just be me idk. But What are some signs I should be aware of to find out if I have a tulpa or not?

11 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Stealing memories and emotions? Can you elaborate please?

From what I've read from a few posts on this forum and r/tulpas, people saying that their tulpas were pretty capable of blocking their emotions, and after reading about that, got me VERY anxious, because I was afraid that was probably happening to me!!

Edited by Bart Lee

Which posts were these? Can you link them to me please?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

21 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Which posts were these? Can you link them to me please?

I think the name of the post was, "Emotive tulpas; can tulpas possess host's emotions?" 

Overall I'm just confused with Tulpamancy and trying to figure out if I have a tulpa, Because I read on guide or post, it'll say Tulpas cannot do that, I read another post and I'll say something different.. Like that is so confusing!

Edited by Bart Lee

I found the thread- https://community.tulpa.info/topic/10104-emotive-tulpas-can-tulpas-possess-hosts-emotions/?tab=comments#comment-132760

Tulpas can have a different emotional experience from their host. However, possession and switching are advanced enough skills it's highly unlikely a tulpa could develop these abilities outside of the host's knowledge.

Possession does not lead to blacking out. Black out switching is debatable because that implies amnesia barriers, and it's not established if a tulpa system can self-induce amnesia barriers, on purpose. Accidental amnesia barriers are not a thing.

Tulpas are also rarely facets of a personality- while young tulpas may give off the vibe their personality is one "feeling", their personalities become more complex over time.

I am unfamiliar with the user emptysketchbook and all of their experiences, but I wonder if their situation is related to an underlying mental health condition.

I wouldn't keep worrying about it. There's nothing you said as if now that makes me think you have a tulpa and nothing that makes me think a separate entity is controlling your emotions. You didn't mention having a character or any time you spent interacting with what could be a separate entity.

Edited by Ranger

44 minutes ago, Ranger said:

You didn't mention having a character or any time you spent interacting with what could be a separate entity.

Well I don't recall hearing voices in my head apart from my own, loud enough for me to hear them. 

But what should I do now if I can't find an answer to whether or not I have a tulpa?  I try no to think about this stuff, but my brain keeps convincing me too! I'm so anxious I just don't know what to do!!! Obsessing over this nonsense just made me more afraid!!!

Edited by Bart Lee

2 hours ago, Bart Lee said:

But What are some signs I should be aware of to find out if I have a tulpa or not?

A thoughtform can be considered a tulpa if they have:

Independent thought

Independent emotions 

They can be more accurately considered an alter if when they present, you have amnesia.

They can't block your emotions, but there are switching positions if they switch with you, where you won't have emotional responses.

• Ranger locked this topic

The original title was "I'm trying to find out if I have a tulpa or not. Who or what I should listen to?" -Ranger

I ask this, because a few weeks ago, I've discovered the definition of a tulpa, because I felt like something was controling my emotions, thoughts, memories and feelings, then I realized I created something similar to a tulpa a few years ago, that I called an "OC", So I read several of guides and watch several of YouTube videos, only to become lost an confused, because each guide, post or video I watched/read, had different opinions and facts, Like for example one person will say, "tulpas cannot take control over the host's body without permission", but another person will say, "it is possible for a tulpa to control the host's body without permission.", or will say, "Tulpas can't try to steal your personality/identity", but someone else will say, "tulpas CAN steel your personality..." Like that just confuses me, like who should I believe or listen to? Should I just stop worrying if I have a tulpa or not, because I try to gather evidence online, but everyone has different opinions and facts..

Edited by Ranger
Added original title for context.

• Ranger locked this topic