Can Tulpas control or take away their Host's ability to feel anger without permission?

Marcus Lee

You should stop worrying because that's not a tulpa. If it were, you would be able to communicate with it. A tulpa can't control your thoughts.

Edited by CM

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{Hey, if the person needs help, please don't delete this until they've seen it}

Lol, I might sound like just another "Tulpas can't do X/Y/Z without your permission", then. But I say that because you don't even sound like you have a tulpa. Tulpas do not continue to subconsciously exist and do things when you forget about them or aren't paying attention to them, and if they stay active (not "doing things in the background") without your direct intent at all, that's usually a learned skill, and always a trait of a very well developed tulpa who's had tons of experiences. 

Anyways. Assuming the people who said tulpas could do X/Y/Z had any idea what they were talking about, they were talking about developed tulpas, and probably ones who you actively worked on the skills possession, switching or otherwise with. A random imagined entity in your head cannot just take control of anything, nor influence you. That would all be in your head and you'd be doing it to yourself. A well-developed tulpa you've spent lots of time with can learn to do some things along with you, but not mysteriously and secretly on their own. They're very consciously learned skills.

So if you haven't even been thinking about your tulpa/imagined entity for the large majority of the time your problems have been occurring, I strongly believe you're experiencing a disorder of some kind. Don't know which - dissociation is a very common symptom in a lot of disorders - but I guarantee you it wasn't the active meddling of some entity. They really just don't work like that. It could only be the case if you yourself were actively believing it was happening the whole time, which again is the equivalent of doing it to yourself. But you'd know you were doing it because you'd be thinking it was happening the whole time. Placebo is real, and all.

Anyways, I recommend you see a psychiatrist or at least a therapist (who may direct you elsewhere), because if your emotions, feelings, thoughts, or especially memories are bothering you, that is the definition of a "disorder", and professionals exist to help with exactly those things.

Nobody with these sorts of problems has ever solved them through tulpamancy or tulpamancy communities. It won't happen. Don't play your mind's games, it'll just run you in circles. And seriously don't believe people on the internet telling you brain demons are the source of all your problems. They're not. Your ~tulpa or imagined entity or imaginary friend (descending levels of autonomy, ending with none) can't exist without your continued effort and attention directed towards them.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Ranger locked this topic
On 11/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, Luminesce said:

that's usually a learned skill, and always a trait of a very well developed tulpa who's had tons of experiences. 

Except when it's an innate system level ability based on a highly creative or trained in other ways, such as authors who report exactly this and so do I.

Basically a character becomes active and will do things like mature tulpas do, but more.

Though in my experience, they don't steal or do anything without permission. However, actors have reported a tick-like experience where they may momentarily become a character who they are very familiar with. This is unintentional and unexpected, and can feel like the character took control even if the actor never 'talked to' the character as an independent person.

I believe the process of forcing is like learning a character and if you played that character for long enough, you are effectively making that character one of your facets.

This is relevant to this discussion.

I also don't think this has anything to do with occult or spirituality, but that's my opinion.

Edited by Bear

The original title was "The whole concept of Tulpamancy just confuses me" -Ranger

It was 2 weeks ago when I discovered the definition about tulpas and tulpamancy, because I felt like my mind was being controlled and possessed by someone other than myself and I realized I created something similar to what you all call "tulpas" referred to an OC. So I've been trying to gather evidence and information from YouTube videos surrounding tulpas, but they all just confused me, because I would try to stick to one opinion from one video, but immediately afterwards, I watch another video about tulpas which has different views, facts and opinions and I just end up running around in circles each time I watch a new video, and most of them suggested to ask questions on r/Tulpas and Tulpa.io.  So I read a few posts and guides on both forums and got confused! People said different facts and opinions! Like for example, one minute a group of people will say that, "Tulpas aren't believed to be magic and cannot do anything magical", but the  next minute another group of people would say that their tulpas  are magjcal and CAN do magical things! Like that's just so confusing because whose opinions should I stick to? Please explain this down below because I'm getting more anxious about this each day..

Edited by Ranger
Added original title for context

• Ranger locked this topic

Read our advice or stop asking the same question over and over.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas