A&J

Diversity in tulpas?

I just meant we weren't each a completely different thing from each other, you can call us anime or not idc

Touhou isn't an anime, but to some people "anime" just means the Japanese cartoon-y artstyle

you can call Reisen and Tewi rabbits but that only really makes sense with an understanding of how Touhou's youkai work (and it feels like an "affectionate" thing to call them, to me)

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Well, with my first tulpa, I’m still experimenting with their form since I’m in the very early stages of developing them, but I’m thinking that I’m either going to go for a “Pokémon Quest” style or a “JoJo’s Pitter Patter Pop!” style since I want their form to be something that’s simplistic, cute and easy to visualize and practice imposition with. As much as I love anime style artwork in general, it can be difficult for me to visualize the characters clearly a lot of times because of the sheer amount of detail that goes into them. 

My tulpa's just a dude. I didn't choose his form but I definitely was pretty sure I'd end up with a human-shaped guy tulpa and that's what happened, so... Everything else was up to Cassidy. I have personal hang-ups both about non-humanoid forms and girlies.

I will say, I have always considered Cassidy a brother. He looks like my brother, as in physically if someone saw photos of both us you'd say, "They look related." I wouldn't call that a lack of diversity though. 

I am also not sure what you mean @A&J.  Diversity in what? Like, differences? Everyone keeps bringing up furries and anime. This is the internet. I'm more surprised when someone doesn't have an anime or furry pfp. Maybe to some people, but furries and anime isn't very "different" to me. That guy with the cockroach wife tulpa? THAT's different. Diversity isn't about "not normal", diversity means a wide range of people and situations. 

Honestly.... a blond, brown-eyed, completely realistic human male tulpa is pretty rare. But it's not about that. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

18 hours ago, JGC said:

Honestly.... a blond, brown-eyed, completely realistic human male tulpa is pretty rare. But it's not about that. 

That's sort of what I meant,  I don't really know what I meant. I just wanted to hear people's opinions. I am also a little surpriesd when it isn't at least an animeish profile picture. 

Thanks for your response!

Host of @SadieShores 

"try to be a rainbow in someone else's cloud"  

Progress report