Being an introverted fronter

ruleofthumb

Stone: Hello. I was recently talking to my friend about tulpas, I they were asking me how I could stand having two other entities in my head while being introverted. At this stage, they just fade into the background when I need to recharge, and don't usually bother me if I can't focus on them. They asked if I would ever force my tulpas to go away when I needed to recharge, I've never thought about that much, and assumed they would listen, or that we could make some sort of compromise, or that I could take a backseat if they learned to possess. It got me thinking though, since I certainly wouldn't like to force them to take a backseat, but I might feel compelled to due to my nature.

To any introverted fronter: what's it like? How do you deal?

Also, I put this in questions since it is a question but if it's too open ended for questions, I apologize.

Someday

I'm not only introverted, I also have schizoid personality disorder, but for me tulpas don't really count towards social interaction. It doesn't tire me out at all to hang out with them and I actually enjoy it. I don't really know why, but it's just always been like that.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

I feel like sharing a brain with someone makes it way less stressful for introverted people to interact with each other, it probably shouldn't take much "effort" for an introverted person to socialize with their tulpas compared to IRL people

I'm an extravert personally but my host and basically the rest of my system are introverts, but yeah Lumi could definitely spend a day at a party, come home drained and want to be alone, and just chill with us while fulfilling that requirement (that might not be the case for all systems though)

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

My tulpas make me tired. I feel similar fatigue to talking to them like I do with other people and I find it easier to talk to myself than to my headmates. Luckily the brain can't handle a crowd of tulpas talking at once, but it generally caps out at 6 and by that point I'm a blur and the brain is kicking people into inactivity.

When I need alone time, I usually ask for them to leave me alone. Lately Ranger has had more trouble with this when it's a story idea because those interest him, but he's pretty good about giving me space. When it's something he doesn't care about like my math project, I don't have any trouble. Either way, I'm eventually too sucked in with whatever I'm doing he doesn't usually stick around for long.

12 hours ago, ruleofthumb said:

They asked if I would ever force my tulpas to go away when I needed to recharge, I've never thought about that much, and assumed they would listen

Usually they do. It might be more difficult if they are interested in your activity and want to participate, but even then I never had to force Ranger to give me space.

or that we could make some sort of compromise, or that I could take a backseat if they learned to possess.

I don't know how much I recharge, assuming I do at all, while Ranger is possessing me. I feel a little refreshed when I switch in after I have been switched-out for awhile, but I don't think it makes a huge difference. Everyone's different though, it wouldn't hurt to try.

It got me thinking though, since I certainly wouldn't like to force them to take a backseat, but I might feel compelled to due to my nature.

Generally my headmates are in the back already, actively doing the activity is generally enough to make them disappear.

I don't think you should force something to happen because it's better to work something out. They understand you need your "me time", and no one likes being kicked out without having a chance to say something about it. Sometimes a tulpa is pushy because they need forcing time or they have some other problem that needs to be addressed.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account