Can a Tulpa Lose The Ability to Go Inactive?

Ranger

I was struggling with giving Cat some space the other night and the thought bothered me. Cat effortlessly forgot about me doing stuff as normal after that, so realistically I don't think I have much to worry about.

I know we have a weird perspective on this because tulpas generally want to spend more time being active. However, I don't want to spend every minute of my life over Cat's shoulder.

I'm thankful I miss out on stuff I'm not interested in. If Cat is doing something boring, I don't want to be a part of it. The bigger issue is I would be disruptive because I have nowhere to go and I'll sit there trying to occupy myself. I can't hide my thoughts from Cat, so trying to entertain myself will only be disruptive. If I couldn't go inactive, we would struggle to function.

I'm asking if anyone thinks this could even happen. I was worried being more developed would work against me going inactive, but I think this is just a fear without a lot of basis in reality.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

usually people are more asking "Can a tulpa gain the ability to not go inactive?"...

if a tulpa can't go inactive, that's personal weird brain stuff, but I feel like it's got nothing to do with a tulpa's development and everything to do with either habits or obsession, either way meaning the host just can't stop thinking about them/keeping them active (which means it's plenty reversible, could come and go)

considering a "permanently active tulpa" is one of the holy grails of tulpamancy, I have no idea what to say about, uh, dealing with it?

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

1 minute ago, Lucilyn said:

considering a "permanently active tulpa" is one of the holy grails of tulpamancy, I have no idea what to say about, uh, dealing with it?

It's one of the holy grails we don't want unless it's like parallel processing, but that's an easy out for this issue.

2 minutes ago, Lucilyn said:

if a tulpa can't go inactive, that's personal weird brain stuff, but I feel like it's got nothing to do with a tulpa's development and everything to do with either habits or obsession, either way meaning the host just can't stop thinking about them/keeping them active

I agree. Honestly, I don't even know how healthy that is. If a host is constantly spending time with their tulpa, how do either of them stay seperate? I feel like this is a set up for blending into one entity if not handled carefully.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'm pretty sure Bear has very very active tulpas and they... okay well they can merge on purpose but, I don't think they have any trouble staying separate when they want to be

practice good switching hygiene, I guess?

(oh Bear just replied right before I hit Submit)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Even the tulpas I know that are awake and aware 24/7 sleep, and they might sleep hours different from the host/body.  And outside of sleep, many of them with wonderlands just dip around in wonderland, like they might just sit in a chair looking at a fireplace for 2 or 3 hours because nothing else is going on. 

A tulpa being aware 24/7 doesn't mean the host is spending time with them 24/7. Not even including wonderlands, can't the host go inactive? Like, switching is a thing? Many tulpas don't do everything through the host. I'd certainly hope a 24/7 tulpa has their own life outside of direct interaction with the host.

If something is boring and you don't want to be there, just don't be there. It's fine. 

I consider Gavin a 24/7 headmate in the same manner as myself, but even in his first life we had a pact that he would kinda just piss off when I needed "alone time" because, yeah. You don't want headmates over your shoulder for everything

The 24/7ness is more about no unintentional dormancy, no "Ope, I'm too weak, you can't carry a conversation with me anymore" or tulpas who are only active when the host is feeding them attention and otherwise won't be around. 

I'm sure it might be the situation for someone out there, but I also don't really see how both the tulpa and host being active would lead to blurriness. If anything you gain a greater appreciation for your contrast. The whole idea is that the host and tulpa are different people and will think different thoughts, have different opinions, different reactions etc. to the world around  them. When the tulpa is dormant for most of life, they have no choice but to generally just pick up and run with whatever the host has already pre-determined. 

I... really doubt this "Can you sing it in a song?" approach is going to just make it click for you Ranger lol, but I'm linking it anyways. This song is dear to me and Gavin because it feels like a good representation of what our back-and-forth is like. 

Rap nsfw 😛

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread