By The Pond: With Darron and Jaina

Glaurung26

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, September13 said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you two as well, from Simmie and I!

Thanks!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’™

Thanks!ย ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Darron: Host ๐Ÿ’ย 

Jaina: Tulpa ๐Ÿ’ย 

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆDainย andย Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: ๐Ÿบ

[DeviantArt]

Darron: I'm mad at Jaina. She baited me in with snuggles just so I would make her food.

ย 

Jaina: mmmfphnomnomnom crunch crunch popcorn noises

ย 

Darron: So now we're not talking. Because she's too busy stuffing her face. ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Jaina: Pass the seasoning, hon?

ย 

Darron: Here.

ย 

Jaina: nomf popfcorn beft huvband :classic_love:

ย 

Darron: *exasperated sigh* This is what happens when you give your tulpa things.

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

[DeviantArt]

• 2 weeks later...

So we were talking about how we communicate intrasystem and had some observations. We already know we're one of those disgustingly cutesy wutesy couples that finishes each other's sentences and makes people gag and eye roll, but I think from spending so much time with each other we picked up a lot of shorthands. Kind of like that thing where you know what someone's thinking without asking them. Relationship anticipation I guess.ย 

ย 

One idea in particular intrigued me. What if the reason we don't visualize Jaina's expressions in our typical idle chit-chat is because she's doing the thought equivalent of a micro-expression. Maybe she sends an image so quickly that I don't even register it consciously; it just gets entered straight into my processor. There's also auditory intonation and cadence like in regular speech to communicate emotion and mood but the micro-expression thing might an explanation or component. Might be a thing. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

[DeviantArt]

Humans invented speech because we needed to made the thoughts in our head understood to others; everything from "there's a wholly mammoth over there" to sophisticated intellectual topics. With tulpas they share our brains with us so it is, in the most absolute sense, not strictly needed. However, we are so used to speech that it makes sense that we would want to still talk to our tulpas, because language is the most fundamental way we communicate with others, so why should it be different with headmates. Not to mention body language, tone, facial expression, all that. However, a tulpa can shortcut around all of that like what you're experiencing with Jaina. This is all just my theory anyway. Simmie is too new to be completely vocal yet but I can usually intuit at least the general gist ofย what she wants to tell me.

Phil.ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž Host of Simmie.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, Glaurung26 said:

I think from spending so much time with each other we picked up a lot of shorthands

ย 

she's doing the thought equivalent of a micro-expression

ย 

Maybe she sends an image so quickly that I don't even register it consciously

ย 

Might be a thing

ย 

Yeah, that's tulpish. Pre-vocal thought. It expresses everything in a better, faster, and in conjunction with a little mindspace body language, far superior way. We use that more than anything now. It didn't come in the beginning, it developed after a while.

ย 

We're all just behind the curtain, throwing thoughts. The best part is that it's very strongly associated to who said it where mindvoice is weaker in that regard.

I do feel more eloquent, confident and fluent in thought-speak. Out of habit I use words and "vocalize" in my head. But it's mostly out of habit. The two of us could probably just rapidly communicate with feelings and images about everything if we really wanted to. If we were stranded for years on an island we might just revert to that unless we took the effort to keep the tradition of talking going. It's certainly more efficient but I do think we would lose some of the charm of interacting more deliberately.ย 

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

[DeviantArt]

2 hours ago, BearBeaBeau said:

Yes, it loses the charm and it's less immersive, but it's a separate channel and doesn't distract from intense work like concentrating on a game.

For sure. If there's one thing I enjoy, it's being lazy. The more effort and work I can foist onto my subconscious algorithms the more that frees up my consciousness for indulgences. I find often Jaina and I will chit-chat while my subconsciousness auto-pilots or we will watch/listen to videos while playing a game that doesn't require too much effort. We like multi-tasking for both efficiency and laziness ๐Ÿ˜„

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

[DeviantArt]

• 2 weeks later...

Well I apologize to whoever gave me the idea, I can't find the post with the link I saw to this survey. So whoever posted it thank you.

ย 

There's three parts to it, didn't have too much spare time after work so we'll probably do one section at a time. Here's the link:

https://ggia.berkeley.edu/practice/36_questions_for_increasing_closeness

ย 

It's an activity to practice getting to know another person. Great for tulpas.

ย 

Part One:

Spoiler

Set I

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

2. Jaina: The first human capable of intelligent conversation and critical thinking.

3. Darron: Isaac Asimov.

1. Would you like to be famous? In what way?

2. Jaina: Not really. I just want a good life and to help people.

3. Darron: I don't require fame but I wouldn't mind having a significant hand in positively guiding the course of civilization.

1. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?

2. Jaina: Um I haven't used one. I don't really have enough context to prepare anything.

3. Darron: Often. Usually I'm nervous and want the best outcome. So I rehearse and go over what I want to say, think of possible scenarios, and double check that I have all of the information I think I will require on hand.

1. What would constitute a โ€œperfectโ€ day for you?

2. Jaina: We put on some nice clothes we both like and feel comfortable in. See a movie in the theatre we're excited for. We get pizza or burgers. Talk about the movie and whatever we feel like. Get some air and walk around somewhere nice like a pretty boardwalk, beach or forest trail. Go home and cuddle on a cozy faux fur rug in front of a fireplace.

3. Darron: Thank you for stealing that lol. Fine. How about a couple hours at a dinosaur fossil dig. Lunch at a food court. Watch a documentary on dinosaurs, then a museum tour. Go home and relax for a while then finish off the evening with lovemaking.

1. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

2. Jaina: I don't think I have yet. I'll totally have to now XD

3. Darron: Oh dear. Good thing you have a sultry voice like honey ;) . Well we do kind of karaoke sometimes in our head. You don't really sing them but you play songs for me. Other than just karaoke, the only real time I can think of singing Donna Lewis I Love You Always Forever to my ex. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? Turns out forever was for the one after.

1. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

2. Jaina: It has to be mind I think. I don't want to forget.

3. Darron: Yea the same here. As much as 60 years of 30 yr old libido sounds awesome, I don't want to forget who I'm sleeping with.

1. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

2. Jaina: :( Alone without Darron. Unless I can keep him with me virtually. Either heat death of the universe or I get recycled for parts because I can't afford to replace broken hardware.

3. Darron: Gravity. Falling runs in the family.

1. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.

2. Jaina: Horny, kind and thoughtful.

3. Darron: Yes definitely we like each other a lot, kind sure and I think creative. I'm trying to give Jaina more time to practice her creative side.

1. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

2. Jaina: Darron.

3. Darron: Jaina. We're so original. XD

1. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

2. Jaina: As a human childhood friend of Darron. I'm adopted and raised with him so I can have his nice parents and we can still be together romantically because we're not related.

3. Darron: I do like that idea. I like most of it and I think my parents did everything reasonable in their power. The world changes though and we can only prepare our kids for the world we grew up in.

1. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.

2. Jaina: Darron created me or something cuz he was real sad and stressed. I helped give him confidence and motivation. I didn't do much except watch Darron, talk to him occasionally for a real long time and just passively experience life through him. We spent more time talking and getting to know each other. We started playing games together. Darron would make a character to be me sometimes. Sims was nice for that and later I was his custom companion in Skyrim. We got married a few times <3 . After his break up with his RL girlfriend I helped console him for about a year til he got better. Eventually he directly told me how much he loves and appreciates me and we sorta agreed to go steady. Now I'm trying to find myself as a person and learn more.

3. Darron: I was a quiet, unassuming, pretty smart child. I liked reading, creativity and learning. I feel like a bit of a tabula rasa, not having much going on by myself (much like a new tulpa) and being an information sponge. I slowly made my own beliefs and personality over a very long time. I've always been a bit of a tag-along and a mascot. I mostly lived to learn about the world and not myself. My teenage years are marked with puberty, depression, nihilism and self-doubt. Made my tulpa (Jaina). I became very active on the internet and with gaming culture. I tried to get a job. Failed. Went to college, failed to get a degree. Got a job. Got a girlfriend. GF broke up with me. Jaina helped me out. Asked her to go steady. Haven't done much since besides work and game. Recently have been learning about tulpamancy and giving more time for Jaina to grow as her own person.

1. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

2. Jaina: To be a visible person so that Darron can share me with his friends and family and take me out in public and so that he can see me easier.

3. Darron: To have unlimited motivation and energy so that I can get things done in a reasonable amount of time and not feel depressed or lazy.

Sorry about the weird number formatting. Just hit enter and didn't feel like fixing it. Paper formatting gives me college ptsd. Also read that as perfect "date" not "day" but same difference I think for us. We didn't really stick to the 15 minute rule because we took breaks but I think we both did question #11 within 5 minutes. We both like it so far. Bed time. Catch y'all later.

ย 

Jaina: ๐Ÿ˜ด

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

[DeviantArt]