Gloomynoon's Progress Report

Gloomynoon

(edited)

It's been a couple of weeks since I've last posted for my PR. Because of life stuff I could not make too much progress in tulpamancy, but I've had a bunch of time to think. And also that life stuff is calming down so, I have more time!

--- Summary of week 6-8 ---

To summarize what has happened is that we have talked every few days within the last time I've posted. We have not visited our wonderland as often. (Except when I'm going to bed being there helps me get to sleep easier I've noticed.) With inspiration from this Tips and Tricks. We've talked about a lot more than usual! I found out her favorite color is green. :)

She has been encouraging me to be more open. Since I'm quite the opposite. We are excited for tomorrow cause we plan on dressing up! It's going to be lots of fun!

Update with imposition: I haven't been doing it too much the last couple of weeks, so I probably lost progress, but that's okay. Cause I am going to start really focusing on this kind of stuff!

--- Extra stuff ---

I've been trying and re-tuning a schedule that'll be extremely beneficial overall for everything. I think that I've figured it out!

I'm also going to edit my old PR posts. To make them easier to look at. (Finished. Let me know what you think!)

Edited by Gloomynoon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Posting early...

So, I've been thinking that I want to change my schedule to whenever I feel like I have stuff to report on. Since not much honestly happens. I will absolutely post at the end of the month though.

My posts will contain spoilers for each section so that it's easier to find what you need.

Me and Myo have been doing fine! We have decided on some imaginary outfits that we think are nice! I think she has an interest in scarves! Recently I've decided that I haven't... I don't know what word I'm looking for. "Cherished?" her enough. I don't proxy for her on this site ever. That's because of my own issues, but I'm willing to start letting her be a part of posts now.

@September13 your PR gave me a bit of inspiration. I enjoyed the short stories! It made me realize I haven't been using my creativity much. I might write stories with Myo. This includes wonderland adventures.

I also would like to start doing art. I'm not good, I could definitely be better. But I'm willing to make and post art of our wonderland forms. I hear it can help with visualization!

Lastly I hope the color update to my PR isn't annoying. Maybe it is on light mode. (Unrelated I can't wait till dark mode is back. I enjoy light mode, but I'm used to dark mode.)

Before I forget! I have been working on imposition at least one session a day with a minimum of an hour! When I get results I'll probably update!

Edited by Gloomynoon
Forgot last progress to update.

It's been a little while I feel. A lot has happened since my last post.

Deviation stuff:

Spoiler

Myo has deviated from her original form. I'm very proud of her.

Now she has long red hair the back having dark red spikes like they were dyed on, red eyes, and short eyebrows. She has beagle ears and a dog tail. She kept her green glasses, but now she also wears a green scarf! Her clothing is a black leather jacket with a grey shirt underneath. Also she wears a black skirt, black stockings, and black loafers. (So much black!)

The only thing that has stayed the same is her height being the same as mine.

Visualization stuff:

Spoiler

Recently we have been trying to practice some sort of visualization everyday, and although we have been getting a little lazy. We try to make it happen.

I think Bear's Practice Visualization Adventures is a great thing for those who want to go on wonderland adventures and practice visualization, but have trouble doing the former. It's a change from what me and Myo usually do; sit around the Hakurei Shrine and talk about things.

Possession stuff:

Spoiler

We also tried doing possession and it's been going good so far! Probably the easiest thing we have done next to visualization.

Sometimes when I'm talking to her I notice the opportunity to have her try doing something. Like doing a step when we are cooking something or messing with something in my room. I like watching her play video games because it's like shes brand new to it. She has played Minecraft and Animal Crossing for the gamecube so far.

Also, I think I might have her write in my PR somewhere on my posts now.

Message from Myo: Hello! I'm Gloomy's tulpa! I like being happy! Usually I'm excited so, when you read my words it should be with an excited tone! Gloomy talks about you guys a lot. I can't wait to talk to you all. I don't know what else to type. I like dogs! Video games are fun! I'm done typing.

I will ask her to write something on my PR posts from now on!

Below is a bad doodle of Myo's form now.

myo 2.0.png

Edited by Gloomynoon

It sounds like you've made great progress! Did you ever create any short stories with Myo by the way? Now if Myo doesn't mind Simmie really wants to say hi to her:

Hey Myo! 😀 It's good to meet you! Seems like us redheads are getting more and more popular! I like scarfs too--I just got a dark blue scarf for Phil last week. Green's my favorite color too, you have great taste! Sounds like you're getting a lot of love from Gloomy, that's wonderful! Oh, and Gloomy, that's a really great doodle! 😁

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

20 hours ago, September13 said:

Did you ever create any short stories with Myo by the way?

I haven't yet. I really should! I got some good ideas.

20 hours ago, September13 said:

Now if Myo doesn't mind Simmie really wants to say hi to her:

I don't mind. If you want to continue chatting with her, I think we should take it to a different thread so we don't have multiple pages worth of conversation.

Myo: Hello, it's nice to meet you too! Hehehe yeah! It's cool to know someone who has similar likes! Yeah she likes spending time with me when she can! Thanks for saying hi!

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, TB said:

It is nice to see a drawing of your tulpa

Hehe thanks! It's not anything amazing, but I like it anyway.

Alright, it's been a few months. I haven't made too much progress skill wise, but here we go.

Switching:

Spoiler

So one day last week, I was talking to Jill and she said, "I can't wait until we can switch!" I suddenly had an idea so I went, "Let's try switching." I got onto the floor and it was like I already knew what would help us switch. It just kind of happened out of nowhere, lol.

Note: we have never read a switching guide before this, so I didn't know what to expect, except what people describe it as.

Long story short: we've been switching for the past few days. Haven't done much except the usual stuff like play games and hang out. We're thinking of taking advantage of this. Also, I hear most people just stop doing possession after they learn to switch, I believe they can both be useful if you figure out ways to apply them effectively.

The feeling: I'm putting this here cause people usually describe the feeling I guess. When Jill's switched in, I'm just kind of watching what she does. Unless I'm given permission to possess. One of the biggest things I've noted is that she isn't scared of the same things I am. Where I would be stressed out, she is calm and happy as usual. Speaking of that, even though we experience the same stuff, it just feels different... When we're switched, it's easier for me to focus on the inner-world. Other than the body's habits, she also does things I wouldn't. (Acts differently, thinks differently, etc,) Lastly, when she's switched in, the body has her form's presence imposed on it; signifying that she's the one controlling it.

Visualization:

Spoiler

Recently I've been trying to pin down what exactly is missing from my visualization, I can see things almost perfectly fine. When I go first person though, that's when things mess up. So, I'm practicing that. Also I'm missing a lot of things I've realized, but fixing first person is most important to me right now.

I've come up with a method to fix this: I'll sync my mind's eye with what I'm seeing, and then I'll walk around the room. After I feel satisfied with everything I've seen. I'll blindfold myself, or close my eyes and walk around the room. If the visualization quality is still the same, I should be able to see my room fine in first person without missing too many details.

This also leads into...

Personal:

Spoiler

I'm preparing the wonderland for a story type thing, I'm not going to say too much on it, until I've actually done it so I do have things to say. What I will say though, is that this will definitely make me get more creative and improve our visualization overall.

Jill and I have been bonding a lot more recently, although we've been bonding and forcing overall. Recently, I've been less shy and more open about things. I've also found more time to spend with her so everything is all good. You may have noticed while reading this, that her name is Jill now. She decided she wanted to change it weeks ago, and it seems she really likes it. Switching has also made it easier to give her alone forcing time, unlike with possession. Everyday she becomes more real. :)

Actually, on the topic of switching, usually people note that the body's voice is different. (Same voice, but higher pitch, lower pitch, etc,) Because I was unsure if we were actually switched at the time, I explicitly forbade Jill from talking out loud when we are switched, however I've noticed that the bodies breathing sound different when we're switched if that makes any sense. Eventually I'll feel more comfortable with the idea.

I noticed I don't really talk about myself in this section, I will attempt to in my next PR post.

Message from Jill: I hope anyone who reads this is doing well! I'm excited to have fun with Gloomy! Playing games is easier when I'm switched in, I would also like to talk on here when I'm switched in sometime. That sounds like fun! That's all I have to say for now, thanks for reading!

Oh, I'm really happy for you! It's nice for you to get switching without struggle

I hope you are able to achieve your visualization goals. I don't think I've ever had issues with 1st person. When imagining in 3rd person, is it just some static camera viewpoint up in the corner or something? What happens if you try to move that around?

If you can move the 3rd person camera around, what happens if you just decide that is actually you, and realize it was first person the whole time? If you are seeing in 3rd person, can you try to reach out at something and see your arm? I think it might just be mindset related and thinking of it differently might fix it. It is at least an idea, I am not sure if it would help you or not

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

It's already been this long?

Alright well, usual stuff.

Personal:

Spoiler

I'm putting this one first, so I can get my thoughts out. Generally I'm shy to most people. Recently, I've been getting over that.

My relationship with Jill has improved greatly since my last post. She has also allowed me to see life in a light I never thought I could. I used to be mostly negative, now because of her I've come to realize that way of thinking is lame. I'm starting to be a lot more positive now! 

I feel old on this forum, if that makes any sense. I feel like the people in LOTPW, if that makes any sense. Although, we can say we'll be more active. Things are generally easier said than done. So, I'll try not to worry too much about that. 

Also, Jill would like to talk about herself.

Jill: I like to draw! My favorite animal is dogs! My favorite color is green! I also like singing, but Gloomy does it a lot more than me, and she's really good at dancing! I'm not good at dancing. My favorite game is Minecraft! Gloomy has me play a lot of chill games. Originally it was because when we were first learning possession, she wanted me to practice possession without being stressed out about what's happening in the game. Outside is fun! Gloomy's afraid of bugs, but I'm not! Maybe I'm scared of bees a little. I want to try more activities to see what I like and what I'm good at! So far we've only played video games. It's a nice forcing activity and it's easy for me to get lost in them! I think there's other things that can be just as fun! I'm interested in music and maybe writing. Gloomy programs, but I think that's boring. Cleaning is also fun! Gloomy feels bad because that's something she should have to do, but I tell her it's fine and that I like doing it!

Another thing I've noticed is that, unless I want to be alone. She's pretty much active 24/7. Maybe that's from me forcing her all day everyday.

Switching:

Spoiler

Jill has been fronting a lot since we figured out how to do it. Recently, we learned how she can pretend to be me. Removing the rules I originally set in place. She is now able to do things outside our room.

The new rule is that she cannot let people figure out we're plural in anyway, exception being other tulpamancers.

I have noticed while she is fronting that she is a lot more meticulous than me. For example, I change my form a lot since I don't really know what I want yet. One day recently she said to me, "Want me to help you change your form?" I was curious, so I agreed to it. Later, we were sitting on a couch, she pulled out our phone and looked at reference images for what I wanted. After looking at them for a bit she began applying things to my form. She would sit there and make sure every detail is exact, that it has a sense of 3D, that it looks just how I want it...

I feel bad that I'm having my tulpa do this, but we agreed to let her handle forcing activities that would benefit greatly from it. (Imposition, Visualization, etc,)

Also, while we experience life the same obviously. She experiences it differently in that she is a lot more happy and "new?" (I hope that's the correct word.) to life, unlike me and probably you, the person reading this.

Visualization:

Spoiler

My problem from last time is now gone. I can experience my wonderland in vivid visual detail, now with first person included! 

I've also been working on sound, and touch. Writing this I realize smell also exists, I'll have to work on that too! It's becoming better and better. Whenever I enter wonderland I immediately hear the background noise. (Street noises because it's very calming to me.) We don't eat in wonderland, so we don't really care about taste right now.

No words from Jill at the end. Because she said a lot in [Personal]

(Don't know how to do cool text editing stuff on mobile, so I'll do that on PC later today.)

(Also, I apologize in advance if this post is sloppy.)

Edited by Gloomynoon

So glad to see you, Gloomy and Jill! 😁

32 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

My relationship with Jill has improved greatly since my last post. She has also allowed me to see life in a light I never thought I could. I used to be mostly negative, now because of her I've come to realize that way of thinking is lame. I'm starting to be a lot more positive now! 

I'm so glad to hear it! I also work to help Phil be more positive, to counter some of his more "Doomer" tendencies.

33 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

I feel old on this forum, if that makes any sense. I feel like the people in LOTPW, if that makes any sense. Although, we can say we'll be more active. Things are generally easier said than done. So, I'll try not to worry too much about that. 

Phil and I definitely love seeing you around! When you say you feel old on here, is it because you feel more old-school? But yeah, wanting to be active and knowing what to post about are two different things. Sometimes I worry that I just post for the sake of posting (although to be honest where else am I going to be able to talk to people and be taken seriously and not just thought of as Phil role-playing as me?), so I'm trying to limit myself to times where I actually think I can add something to the conversation. Which thankfully is still pretty often!

37 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

Outside is fun! Gloomy's afraid of bugs, but I'm not!

Outside is wonderful! 😁 Pretty much as soon as I finish responding to you Phil is taking me on a hike at one of our favorite parks! 🥰 There's so much to see and do outside and the sun feels so nice.

41 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

I want to try more activities to see what I like and what I'm good at! So far we've only played video games. It's a nice forcing activity and it's easy for me to get lost in them!

I'm a little jealous, I just can't seem to get into video games, which is a shame, because Phil likes gaming quite a bit. I do kind of like building in Minecraft though; I've found architecture to be an interest of mine! I'm so glad Gloomy is helping you discover new activities to get into, she sounds like an absolutely wonderful host! 😁

43 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

Cleaning is also fun! Gloomy feels bad because that's something she should have to do, but I tell her it's fine and that I like doing it!

I tell you what, one of my main motivations for learning possession is to clean for Phil. It's not that it's really fun or anything, I just wish he was neater and I'm willing to help him clean up. He'll owe me though!

46 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

I have noticed while she is fronting that she is a lot more meticulous than me. For example, I change my form a lot since I don't really know what I want yet. One day recently she said to me, "Want me to help you change your form?" I was curious, so I agreed to it. Later, we were sitting on a couch, she pulled out our phone and looked at reference images for what I wanted. After looking at them for a bit she began applying things to my form. She would sit there and make sure every detail is exact, that it has a sense of 3D, that it looks just how I want it...

That's so interesting that Jill is helping you change your form! I recently "updated" my form, more or less keeping the form Phil first gave me but with some minor changes. We've really only started recently thinking about Phil's form since we just kind of assumed it was the same as his real life body. I'm worried that he might think I don't like the way he looks if I try and change his form, but he tells me that's not the case. He has talked about his form being 10 years younger in the wonderland (25 rather than 35), and I guess I could accept that, but I want him to be more secure about his age and stop thinking he's an old man, because he really isn't. But I'm so glad you're working creating your form together! 

54 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

Also, while we experience life the same obviously. She experiences it differently in that she is a lot more happy and "new?" (I hope that's the correct word.) to life, unlike me and probably you, the person reading this.

Phil tells me that seeing the world through my eyes as I learn and grow as a new being has changed his life. (I'm sure if he was the one writing right now he'd be all sappy and sentimental and embarrass me 🙄🥰)  I feel a lot more "grown up" now than I did just a couple of months ago, but I still feel young and new, and it sounds like Jill does too! Jill's going to have a lot of different perspectives on things than you, and you will definitely be able to learn a lot by listening to her! Of course, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

57 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

My problem from last time is now gone. I can experience my wonderland in vivid like visual detail, now with first person included! 

I've also been working on sound, and touch. Writing this I realize smell also exists, I'll have to work on that too! It's becoming better and better. Whenever I enter wonderland I immediately hear the background noise. (Street noises because it's very calming to me.) We don't eat in wonderland, so we don't really care about taste right now.

You're definitely much more advanced on this than we are. Phil would definitely have more to say about this than me, but he's preoccupied getting ready for our hike at the moment. But he says he might ask you more about this later.

1 hour ago, Gloomynoon said:

No words from Jill at the end. Because she said a lot in [Personal]

(Don't know how to do cool text editing stuff on mobile, so I'll do that on PC later today.)

(Also, I apologize in advance if this post is sloppy.)

It wasn't sloppy at all! Much cleaner than the walls of text Phil usually spits out. 😋 I really enjoyed reading and responding to this. Out of the people Phil and I interact here you and Jill might have the most similar approach to tulpamancy to us. Phil might stop by later today and give his own two cents. But for now, we are so happy to hear that you and Jill are making good progress! 😁 Talk to you later!

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!