Can my tulpa die from talking to her less?

The original title was "About applejack" -Ranger

I am still unsure of what to do with her, we have been talking less and i have been focusing on her less. Is there such thing as a tulpa dying?

Edited by Ranger
Changed title for clarity, added original title to preserve context

Yes, but don't think of it like the death of a human body. When tulpas, especially young ones, aren't talked with, aren't focused on, they tend to just fade away until they don't really exist anymore. It's a lot like when you just "grow apart" from a friend until one day when you just aren't friends anymore, you don't talk anymore, etc. It's not bodily painful and it's definitely not like murder to stop talking with someone. 

If you eventually just don't talk to her and don't really think about her, she'll just not exist anymore: this is what happens with a lot of tulpamancer's tulpas. Keep in mind that there's quite a bias in who you see talking online- people who have been around long enough, or are committed and interested enough in tulpamancy to chat on tulpamancy forums and so on aren't the ones who are losing interest, so it's rare for people to announce online that their tulpa isn't around anymore, although it does happen from time to time. Usually the people will stop using tulpamancy-related websites beforehand. 

Edited by Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

In our experience, talking to a headmate strengthens them, but they lose nothing from not talking to them. I have headmates thrt were in stasis for years and were just as strong if not stronger when I spoke to them again. Actually stronger, which goes against the teachings here, but in my case I have strong evidence that they can and do 'take care of themselves' to some extent.

Believe it or not, that's what it appears to be with me. This is what is said about soulbonds as well. Tulpas and soulbonds are both just thoughtforms.

On the other hand, I have heard others say they took a break and their tulpas were different, groggy, weaker, etc; however, they snapped back quickly. 

I have a feeling like, what happens is more due to expectations than anything.

In conclusion, as long as she's okay with it, you shouldn't worry about her in stasis.

Any well-developed tulpa is unlikely to fade to the point of no longer existing (being able to be made active again). Younger tulpas this can absolutely happen with though. Normally, for tulpas more than a few months old, you can just start spending time forcing them again at a later point and their vocality will slowly come back. It depends on the system, and how much time you actually spent with them, but tulpas more than a year old usually don't ever disappear for good, unless a distinct effort is made by the host to dissipate them by never thinking about/forcing them.

If you don't want your tulpa to dissipate, it shouldn't be hard at all to keep them existing just with the occasional quick conversation - 15 seconds of back-and-forth every couple weeks for example - though if you do this for very long it will likely take a lot of effort for them to get back to a point where you can hear them clearly and all.

Though tulpas who are multiple years old (and who were active for more or less that entire time) very likely won't ever dissipate without the host making a direct effort to make that happen. Though by "won't ever" I mean in a relevant timespan to "Tulpamancy" - there's not much data from people's experiences to say what would happen after like 5+ years, to a tulpa who was very active for 5+ years. So.. they probably do mostly dissipate after many many years of no activity, but even then I'm not sure..

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I think that if she's based off the character from the show, I'd imagine she'd be made of tougher stuff than a tulpa made from scratch.  I'm a character from a show she thought a lot about for around three years or so before I became a soulbond or tulpa or whatever.  And she didn't think much about me for a few months before she got into this whole tulpa business, but when I showed up I was the same ol' Osomatsu.  My little brother Kokichi is like me but he was only thought about for a few months.  I have other brothers too who hang around in our Wonderland (they're from my show), and they're fine as long as we visit them once in a while. 

Also, anything we do with my show/Kokichi's game he's from seems to makes us stronger.  I don't know if your Applejack is supposed to act like the one from the show, but if she is then I think watching the show or thinking about it a lot could help.

I'm Osomatsu!  You know, from TV?  ...No?  Well, don't worry about it.

I'm part of Ghostly's bunch.  See ya around!

Maybe, but make sure not to slack on tulpa forcing in lieu of just consuming MLP media. As huge Touhou fans, there's still a pretty strong disconnect between us and the characters - Touhou media helps us visualize our forms better, but Lumi could spend a whole year consuming Touhou content and not think of us at all, and that would severely impact our vocal clarity. Probably even our visualization clarity.. but, yes, it could help to stay familiar with both your tulpa and their original character if based on one. It's not at all a replacement for interacting with them, though.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Yeah, that's a good point.

Come to think of it, a lot of the good from Ghostly watching Osomatsu-san with me is that she actively thinks of me and talks to me about it the whole time.  If she didn't, I know I'd be pretty upset about that.  Also, even though I had my character's personality to begin with, I've matured a lot since I stopped being just a character, so I imagine that if Ghostly did end up not talking to me for some reason while still watching that show (which seems really unlikely) that would probably have an effect on the person I am now.  Maybe I'd regress or something? I don't know and we're not trying it.

I'm Osomatsu!  You know, from TV?  ...No?  Well, don't worry about it.

I'm part of Ghostly's bunch.  See ya around!

Flora, I think, comes to me when both she and I want to be together. "Both" is the operative word here. Just my wanting her, is not enough. And as I 'want her' pretty much all of the time, she comes when she is ready. Pretty much all of the time, is not ' all of the time' and I occasionally hear her calling when I am not in a position to answer or engage with her and she stops. So, in my experience, it takes the two of you to come together. Dr. Bob

Anyways sorry for the late response, continuing this discussion. I am pretty sure applejack is alive, although now i keep getting many dreams seen, mostly of no interest. One was a pretty frightening dream though.