Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Hello, new to forum, so I was reading that narration is basically talking aloud to your tulpa or "projecting your thoughts" to your Tulpa, so that means simply talking to them with your mind voice right? Or should I visualize something while I'm doing it? I'm confused, how do you guys narrate?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talk to your tulpas (in your mind or out loud) and be open to any responses from them, words or feelings. Uhm.. Visualize them? You don't have to if you're doing something more involved, but visualizing them while you talk to them seems like it'd help a lot.

Some people read or sing to/with them, most people seem to talk about their life or the traits they want their tulpa to have. If they're at all vocal, you can ask them questions or have them read something. I personally talk to mine about ~philosophical life stuff, with relation to my and their existence. It's actually helped their development a lot, hearing their ideas on things. Whatever works best for you. Talking about your life usually works better than it would to a real life friend because your life is all they can know, and they understand you infinitely better, whereas most of what you say can easily be irrelevant to even a close friend.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

when in a wonderland is it okay to visualize yourself as something other than your outside appearance. I just figured it would be if I view my mind as a completely separate thing from my body there would be no reason I wouldn't be able to change my form while in a wonderland. I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but I'm quite new here so I thought I would go ahead and ask.... really I just have trouble visualizing my own appearance so I wanted to create one that wouldn't be predefined.

You can take any form you like in Wonderland. Kevin takes the form of a wizard, one that exists in that paracosm (wonderland) as a character. That way, the NPC's of the wonderland don't notice anything and, it's not unusual for a wizard to just teleport around (in that created mind place).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Hello there. I am completely new to the idea of tulpas, but I have always spoken to myself or talked to myself in my head wishing I had someone to talk to. So when I heard about tulpas I was ecstatic. Ive been researching guides for the past week or so and have tried to begin work on the personality.

My only real problem or worry is, I cant seem to visualize anything with my minds eye. When I try to view an image or a place I can never see shapes or images, the only things that come to my mind are the words that describe those places and images and etc.

And so the same thing happens with when I try to tulpaforce to begin the creation. I cant seem to visualize it, but I always end up describing it in my head and talking to it either aloud or in my mind as if it were there.

Is this an acceptable method to create a tulpa? Are there ways to learn to visualize images with your mind? Will i have any problems down the line, and most importantly will I be able to see my tulpa if I do create it this way? Im sorry for all the questions, but I am rather worried.

Others are perhaps more practiced or well informed and may well weigh in on this - but I suppose if you mean you literally cannot form or hold an image in your head then it's just practice perhaps? Maybe try holding something simple like a pencil and looking at it, then close your eyes (maybe even for just a few seconds ) and try to hold the image. If it goes then open and repeat- see if you can extend the period of time you can visualise the object in your minds eye- and I suppose once you have that you can try either focussing on details beyond the basic shape or try expanding your view to something beyond it, maybe using the pencil as an anchor to your visualisation?

I have absolutely no idea if this will work for you at all but maybe it will work? Worth a try I would say ^^

Jonathan, my host raised me mostly on conversation and not having much time at all for wonderlands. I'm a bit more practiced now at doing stuff in mindscape (and i'm always more creative than my dad), but mostly what i care about is just talking about things going on in the human world. The core thing is having enough interesting stuff for your tulpa to learn through.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Thank you both for the responses, I suppose i didnt clarify properly but I did mean literally. When I try to view objects or images in my mind, words appear instead or just thoughts of how I would describe the images/objects but never the actual item in question.

Aijada, I appreciate you taking the time to write a response, it definitely helps to know im not doing anythig wrong. All the guides i looked up had little info on my questions.

Okay my dad understood that better than i did; he showed me briefly what it's like to see pictures of words and it was hard work to leave that space alone. These are his suggestions while i work out my own response to it. He figures it's information that would be readable to your tulpa too and if that's the case then i'll say that should be enough for your tulpa to find their own meaning (and therefore sentience).

What i got from it was a headache and my dad giving me a side lecture about how hard it is to read in dreams because people don't often have the ability to see words in their mind's eye. It's different from the circuits i grew up using, but i'm different than the average intentional tulpa anyhow. What really will matter is that they find their own voice in some way. I got to vocalise out loud and it was enough to allow for a conversation. Maybe your tulpa will type out messages for you to read as one their preferred ways of communicating with you.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Thanks again for replying. I suppose to be on the safe side I should try and learn to manipulate my minds eye a little bit more, perhaps like TheSanctuary said its possible to learn to view things in images. Might be because I wear glasses/prefer reading but thats off topic.

Would you mind explaining what you mean when you say you got to vocalize out loud? Im a little confused on that statement. It would be nice if I could have contact with my tulpa sometime soon.

I decided to give my tulpa a temporary name (Lumen) so that I could properly address Lumen. I find myself talking to my tulpa aloud and with my mind most of the time so I can only hope Im doing the right thing. Only thing I have noticed is the occasion warm feeling in my chest when speaking. Probably just me though.

I wouldn't necessarily discount any feelin you get that occurs specifically when your talking to or with your tulpa- there's a good chance it could be emotional feedback from them (intentional or not) or could also be a sign of their first attempts at communication perhaps even just as an "I'm here. I exist". Sentiment.

Or yknow maybe your just warm but you never know. Belief is a big part of the process so try not to dismiss stuff that to you would make you think "this isn't what normally happens to me day to day"

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic